Message Reverse Sort Order
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big Announcement
    Posted: 06 April 2011 at 6:00pm
Valid discussion guys.

Probably best to lock this monster now.

I'll start a new thread for comments about the moderation and general direction of the forum.

Got my own opinion, but going out for a few beers now so will post tomorrow.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Agree 100% Pimp!!

I'd be interested to see what the mods think about the direction of the forum also.

Personally I thought this thread went way too far, you can see how seriously some people took it by the amount of views it had.... whether it was obvious (or not) to some forum members is irrelevant IMO. If it was intended as a joke, well I thought jokes were supposed to be funny...... because pretending to have 'inside knowledge' that something is about to happen isn't particularly clever and it certainly wouldn't grab an audience as a comedy show.

Bring back the rugby chat, moderate the non-rugby chat otherwise I feel this forum will lose its best contributors!!

100% agree.

i'm embaressed by some of the crap on here. some fans from other teams must read it and think we're a bunch of idiots.

Totally agree with that , wouldn't call it a bunch though . Its just the 1 or 2 that hijack every thread .

I've just read the front page of the forum...this is the only thread i can see that isn't (possibly) directly rugby related?
How do you justify this comment ?

gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:56pm
I want to join the Mogodon Brigade! Sounds good. Is there a uniform? When do we meet? Are there ranks? 
What's going on?
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:55pm
It's a forum. This time of year the speculation about signings goes mental. Wait until the summer! I don't think the mods should dictate the direction a thread takes or indicate what is true or not. Surely people can decide that for themselves.

My attitude is not to belive anything just because it appears on here. The amount of times people who qualify their posts with "I can't reveal my source (or sauce half the time!)" "...in the know" or "... on the inside" indicates that almost none of them actually know what they're talking about. But that's fine.
This is a forum, people talk rubbish on here half the time.
The rest of the time it's very informative and interesting.
In it's totality it's the best forum around.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:48pm

Agree 100% Pimp!!

I'd be interested to see what the mods think about the direction of the forum also.

Personally I thought this thread went way too far, you can see how seriously some people took it by the amount of views it had.... whether it was obvious (or not) to some forum members is irrelevant IMO. If it was intended as a joke, well I thought jokes were supposed to be funny...... because pretending to have 'inside knowledge' that something is about to happen isn't particularly clever and it certainly wouldn't grab an audience as a comedy show.

Bring back the rugby chat, moderate the non-rugby chat otherwise I feel this forum will lose its best contributors!!

100% agree.

i'm embaressed by some of the crap on here. some fans from other teams must read it and think we're a bunch of idiots.

What is it you want exactly then tt......If it were lest to you the forum would consist of links to articles from the evening post / western mail etc....or just like the osprey forum ...nothing would be spoken about for days , as there arnt new stories released on a daily basis
So is it to be a lively center of debate , where people are welcomed on board
or
A ultra serious board where only a few are welcome and everyone feels judged by you as to wether their posts merit posting and discussion

Maybe we could email them to you . so you cold link them yourself...ffs
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:48pm

Agree 100% Pimp!!

100% agree.

Totally agree with that , wouldn't call it a bunch though . Its just the 1 or 2 that hijack every thread .
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:44pm
Maybe the mogodon crowd should take a step back . I answered a thread here on page one with a wind up that was as transparent as clear glass. I did this for two reasons ...initially for a joke (which i expected to last a couple of posts) and more importantly to try and take the arguement away from the regular crowd who would have used the thread as another converor for their depressive arguements of how and why we can never do any thing right , and why everything is blacker than black and why is it the club cant do this and that etc.....You know who you are and to be honest those depressive posts are the ones that real current supporters are fed up of having to be preached to ...Makes you think doesnt it
On a more positive note , the thread actually highlighted the stadium as a center of general entertainment. It reached a far wider audience than the local rag could ever do. To see that the thread exposed the events outside rugby via facebook and twitter , just shows how something as innocent as a wind up , gave us the scarlets far more exposure ...surely the mogodon brigade can see this..and in the end hopefully a whole new group of people are going to be aware as to what is going on down y parc.
To take this new revenue into account , im sure that we will be able to go out and sign a top notch player , and not have to make do with a b grader.
Now i hope that this will put a different perspective on the doubters arguement
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:38pm

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

As for it being the SmellyMike show, I was going to post on here a few weeks ago that perhaps the time has come for regulars and Mods to decide what direction this forum is going.

There used to be some good rugby chat on here, whether you agreed with other posters or not. Nearly every thread now gets hijacked with inane, stupid comments that are totally irrelevant to the original thread. I don`t mind some banter in threads and I`ve been guilty of it myself but every thread it just becomes tedious.

i agree mate. this used to be a really good rugby forum where people discussed rugby. now virtually every thread gets hijaked and taken off topic by people talking inane drivel.

its become a chat room. nothing wrong with chat rooms but do it in 'Random' or another section, not in every rugby topic.

Have to agree I'm afraid. Every thread seems to turn to 50% drivel almost immediately. It's definitely got worse lately
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:38pm

Agree 100% Pimp!!

100% agree.

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:34pm

As for it being the SmellyMike show, I was going to post on here a few weeks ago that perhaps the time has come for regulars and Mods to decide what direction this forum is going.

There used to be some good rugby chat on here, whether you agreed with other posters or not. Nearly every thread now gets hijacked with inane, stupid comments that are totally irrelevant to the original thread. I don`t mind some banter in threads and I`ve been guilty of it myself but every thread it just becomes tedious.

i agree mate. this used to be a really good rugby forum where people discussed rugby. now virtually every thread gets hijaked and taken off topic by people talking inane drivel.

its become a chat room. nothing wrong with chat rooms but do it in 'Random' or another section, not in every rugby topic.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Originally posted by Beefs army Beefs army wrote:

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

If it is what I think it is, there are going to be some unhappy campers on here tomorrow.

I feel the same OAM and this forum will go into meltdown

why ?. all the scarlets COMMERCIAL manager has said is that "there will be an announcement". its not their fault if some people believe all the bullshit.

some unhappy campers TT?

i didnt comment on "unhappy campers", but yes, some people are pi$$ed off with smellymike's bullshit, but i wouldnt say the forum is in "meltdown", which is what i did comment on.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:10pm
Well done to everyone concerned.
west is best.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

The announcement of the announcement by the Scarlets in itself, raised hopes of a signing. 

Oh come on Tim. It was never on this earth going to be a signing. Since when do the Scarlets make signing announcements in April??? 

100% agree Pimp.

This does not seem like a place to come to have a decent discussion about rugby any more, its becoming more like a chat site than a forum!

You and Pimp's views are a concern TBH and should be considered.

I'm not aware the forum has drifted in the way you have intimated...but if it has what do you suggest can be done?

For the record I think there is a reasonable balance of rugby (Scarlet, Llanelli RFC, and General) 
and then general blah blah, but that's just my view and I'm more than happy to reflect and change if that's the concensus....oh and I thought this thread was just the wrong side of good banter to be enjoyable (and said so).

Albert View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 5:04pm
Can we lock this thread now before there's more falling out?  Enough is enough  - 43 pages for God's sake!!! I'm sick of seeing it and people have started bickering so please let's call it a day shall we? 
It's a thinking man's game
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:53pm
Yesterday I couldn't believe there were 22 pages about the possibility that someone might know something about something or someone and now I can't believe its reached 43 pages.
Mental mun!
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:51pm
Confused

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 44>
  Share Topic