Topic ClosedBig Announcement

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by JonWal JonWal wrote:

Exactly, fair enough if it was a relatively new guy who spouted it, but Tondu and Tim, how long have you been on here?

It was harmless.

see my post from last night.

and i dont think 40 pages of shit is harmless.
Sponsored Links

Gary Coleman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Who are we?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by Gerrnando Gerrnando wrote:

Originally posted by Gary Coleman Gary Coleman wrote:

Just googled them, they look alright don't they. Maybe I'll go just for a gander, I can always blast some Entombed on my iPod so I don't have to listen to their din.
Una Healy is dating Ben Foden - he could pay a visit to Parc y Scarlets and fall in love with the place!!

I think he's the one that people are visiting at the moment, down the nick.
Snedds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:34pm
I actually worry about anyone who took this thread as anything other than a joke.

I mean seriously, Smelly being informed?  Duw, duw.
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 2:45pm

Irrelevant if beleived this thread as anything other than a joke re players etc

All this is fantastic exposure for Scarlets and Y Parc. Link from Saturdays web page to Scarlets web page

http://www.thesaturdays.co.uk/news/saturdays-enjoy-2011/

The Saturdays ENJOY 2011
Today

Are you ready for another Saturdays’ live date?

The girls have been confirmed as the headline act at this summer’s ENJOY 2011!

This special music event takes place in South Wales on May 21st and tickets go on sale on Saturdays 9th April.

For more information and to buy tickets visit www.scarlets.co.uk

Alternatively you can call the box office on:  0871 871 8088 (during office hours).

Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:19pm
The announcement of the announcement by the Scarlets in itself, raised hopes of a signing. Everyone was excited. 22,000 views on this thread.

For SM to then start a prank, fuelled the hysteria, yeah I know where it was coming from, but then when chinese rumours start and names start to appear, Phil Waugh for example, you start hoping there's something going on.

Yeah I should know better, I should know not to waste my time on here. You all seem to be avid fans of the Smellymike show, well I didnt enjoy this particular episode, might just switch off for a while.

Da bo.

Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:27pm
OK everyone, take a step away from the keypoard for a minute.  Grab a mug of coffee and ponder this.

In my humble opinion, the news about teh Saturdays was BIGGER than learing about a new signing.  Much BIGGER. 

Being able to hold concerts with artists like the Saturdays coming to The Park is far moire significant than learning that we have dipped into our pockets to sign someone, because it shows that a new income stream has opened up.  An income stream that will lead to our continued growth, and the ability to hold on to our quality players. An income stream that will grow to enable us to AFFORD the signings we want to make in the future.

Money is everything, and this is a story about money coming in to the business, not money going out. This is excellent news - rejoice mun, its for the club. Smile
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Snedds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:28pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

The announcement of the announcement by the Scarlets in itself, raised hopes of a signing. Everyone was excited. 22,000 views on this thread.

For SM to then start a prank, fuelled the hysteria, yeah I know where it was coming from, but then when chinese rumours start and names start to appear, Phil Waugh for example, you start hoping there's something going on.

Yeah I should know better, I should know not to waste my time on here. You all seem to be avid fans of the Smellymike show, well I didnt enjoy this particular episode, might just switch off for a while.

Da bo.
Was there an "announcement of the announcement" by the Scarlets?  We had Tommo telling us RP would be on the radio with him to give him an exclusive news, but that was it wasn't it?  I fail to see how we can criticize anyone in this scenario (I'm struggling even to criticize smelly).  All Tommo was doing was advertising his show and telling us what he had lined up.

I mean to expect a signing to be announced on a little local radio show, I mean do we have any form for that all at?

Personally I think people need to get a grip.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Snedds Snedds wrote:

Personally I think people need to get a grip.

Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 06 April 2011 at 3:30pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

OK everyone, take a step away from the keypoard for a minute.  Grab a mug of coffee and ponder this.

In my humble opinion, the news about teh Saturdays was BIGGER than learing about a new signing.  Much BIGGER. 

Being able to hold concerts with artists like the Saturdays coming to The Park is far moire significant than learning that we have dipped into our pockets to sign someone, because it shows that a new income stream has opened up.  An income stream that will lead to our continued growth, and the ability to hold on to our quality players. An income stream that will grow to enable us to AFFORD the signings we want to make in the future.

Money is everything, and this is a story about money coming in to the business, not money going out. This is excellent news - rejoice mun, its for the club. Smile

I agree, really is tremendous that other avenues are being explored and delivered upon. No dead ends but a star rated success.Star

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:32pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Snedds Snedds wrote:

Personally I need to get a grip of the Saturdays.

Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap  Clap

Fixed it for you Snedds Wink
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
turkturk10 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:32pm
[QUOTE=Rob o'r Bont]OK everyone, take a step away from the keypoard for a minute.  Grab a mug of coffee and ponder this.

ClapClapClapClapClapClapClap
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:43pm
It's potentially very good news, if the Scarlets can continue to offer concerts of this stature AND make a healthy profit on them.

Having said that, I'd still have preferred the news to be a signing such as Bakkies Botha!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

Wasnt it incredible obvious from very early on that nobody knew anything and it was just a bit of banter Confused

I knew! Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:09pm
whereas it's good news that money will be coming in,it is also excellent news that we have secured 21 signings of our current crop,but you can't get away from the fact that we need a forward to complement these boys,we are about to have another season where have won nothing we couldn't fill the ground for the visit of leicester i think that is because most of our floating support never thought we had a chance of beating them after the tuning we took in welford road,add to that the way we were murdered at the liberty and perpignan and it doesn't bode well for increasing the fan base.it's all well and good to pat ourselves on the back with the academy but even the leicesters and leinsters of this world bolster their squads with quality,it doesn't have to be a botha or the like ,how many people had heard of waldrom before leicester snapped him up.speculate to accumulate.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Boys ...im off to the big black
I have one confession though
<font face="Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="7">I havent a bloody clue what the announcement is LOL

But ....Its been funLOL

Must go catching a flight to mogadishi in the morning

Soory i havent answered everyones posts , text and  phonecalls ...but theres just been to bloody manyStar

can the mods change the text under smelly's photo to "spreader of bullshit" (or something similar)

Great post Tondu, best in this thread! ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap 

If some newbie had posted such a wind up, he would have been shot to pieces and Smellymike you would have fired the first shots.

I'm glad we've got a concert, its a progressive move, but I'm deperate for us to sign a couple of forwards, and for you to falsely raise hopes like that is out of order imo.

Others may see it as a witty prank, I wasnt impressed.

Well said Tim.
To knowingly and deliberately mislead fellow Scarlets supporters to have their hopes raised of an announcement regarding player recruitment is shameful and pathetic. Some supporters are concerned about rugby and have deep concerns about receruitment of experienced players to complement our rising stars.
Fantastic that we have re-signed our youngsters, but if we do not get the balance right it could all backfire. If the pack continues to get pushed around and come off second best (against ML opposition) the experience could be detrimental and not in the best interests of the further development of our youngsters. They would be better off going elsewhere now. It is essential, and evident for several seasons,  that we must have a couple of hard, no-nonsense forwards to steady things and get us on the front foot.

The question I always ask is, why is it that we seem to be able to develop the backs, but when it comes to hard nose, no nonsense forwards, especially locks, we never seem to be able to develop them? Confused

Edited by Mrfwon - 06 April 2011 at 4:17pm
Scarlets!!!
JonWal View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

The question I always ask is, why is it that we seem to be able to develop the backs, but when it comes to hard nose, no nonsense forwards, especially locks, we never seem to be able to develop them? Confused
I guess because we havent got one already, to lead the way? Confused
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344>
  Share Topic