Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Scott Johnson reveals Mike Phillips wants to quit
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scott Johnson reveals Mike Phillips wants to quit

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

Skrela is their main kicker!!

Their first choice is with Kelleher but Ellisalde only retired last year mind. They must rate that Bezy guy pretty highly (or not rate Skrela) to give him the kicking duties in the HC quarters over Skrela then.
Sponsored Links

Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:14pm
Didn't realise Ellisalde had retired - great player in this time. His battle for the French number nine shirt with Yachvili was always hotly-contested. I can't see what all the fuss about Morgan Parra is though.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by Ow! Ow! wrote:

I bet the real problem at the Liberty is Johnson. He's a divisive tool of a man.
I don't think it's pure coincidence that Byrne, Hook, Henson and now Phillips have jumped ship under his command.
And here's a prediction: We'll be better than them next season. It's been a long time coming and I can't wait to rub it in the faces of the arrogant Jacks I work with who've only shown interest in rugby since the Ospreys compiled a squad of Welsh rugby's glory boys and ex-All Blacks.

Hope your right Ow, i work in Jackland (although all bar one in my office is a Turk!)and have had enough of them bleating about beating us, do my head in mun. They talk funny as well.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

Skrela is their main kicker!!

Their first choice is with Kelleher but Ellisalde only retired last year mind. They must rate that Bezy guy pretty highly (or not rate Skrela) to give him the kicking duties in the HC quarters over Skrela then.
Kelleher is not  a kicker - and he's leaving at the end of the season along with Skrela and also Michalak.
midi olympique says Phillips was 'propose' (offered) to Toulouse but they turned him down because they had already lined up Luke Burgess.    Bezy is very highly rated BTW.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:40pm
Looks like we will have the strongest Welsh regional squad next season.  Normal service will be resumed. Approve
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 7:42pm
Didn't say he was - it was an acknowledgement that Skrela taking over some of the kicking duties after Ellisalde's retirement. It's obvious Bezy is the future for them, as shown by their choice of him to kick at goal in the HC quarter.

Who are they signing to replace Skrela out of interest and where is he going?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 8:00pm

Didn't say he was - it was an acknowledgement that Skrela taking over some of the kicking duties after Ellisalde's retirement. It's obvious Bezy is the future for them, as shown by their choice of him to kick at goal in the HC quarter.

Off to join Reggie in Clermont
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 8:08pm
Phillips thinks the coaching in the Ospreys is pants
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 8:26pm
A mate of mine went to a conference last week, Holly was speaking about how the Ospreys are run, motivating his players, keeping training interesting and how special the Ospreys brand is, every player gets a belt with an Osprey inscription on the buckle, which means they are part of the special family, cannot understand what has happened to the family.Dead 
YMA O HYD
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 8:59pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Looks like they're trying to put on a brave face after losing so many players and making excuses wherever possible, losing Byrne, Phillips, Hook, Collins, Tiatia, Henson and possibly Holah off the books aint a great summer. 4 Lions and 3 All Blacks gone in the blink of an eye.

Bearman will make up for it though.

An Ospreys fan was telling me that they are better off without these players. Maybe so.
But he was also trying to say that the squad will not be weakened by their departures. Sorry, but that just isn't true.
What may happen is that those that remain may want to play for the Ospreys unlike the money chasers they usually employ.

Kooga View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kooga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 9:17pm
I can understand if one or two players want to leave but they are leaving by the droves. Mor.e to this than meets the eye. Wouldnt surprise me if there has been some sort of bust up over the coaching methods. I remember Holley in an interview during the game saying he hasnt got a clue what game plan the players are following as it isnt his
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 April 2011 at 11:21pm
Soon it will be safe again to drink in the Taibach clubhouse.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

Soon it will be safe again to drink in the Taibach clubhouse.

ClapClapClapClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:44am
For me, the interesting bit isn't what SJ said about Mike Phillips. The interesting bit (some might say classic comedy bit) was the way SJ entered into a slanging match with the journalists over such ridiculous topics as what 'Gatacticos' means.   The jurno's baited him like a class of year 9 kids would bait a new teacher. LOL

I say comedy, but its quite serious really.  This forum would go into meltdown if our Nige reacted like that to a bunch of cheecky Jurno's.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 14 April 2011 at 9:45am
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 9:46am
Originally posted by Nine -Three Nine -Three wrote:

A mate of mine went to a conference last week, Holly was speaking about how the Ospreys are run, motivating his players, keeping training interesting and how special the Ospreys brand is, every player gets a belt with an Osprey inscription on the buckle, which means they are part of the special family, cannot understand what has happened to the family.Dead 

Yep it's special allright,,,,,,,,LOLWink

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2011 at 10:11am

Planet Rugby = Fly-half Lionel Beauxis is to leave Stade Français to join Toulouse at the end of the season, where he hopes to reignite his Test career. European giants Toulouse had been seeking a replacement for Clermont-bound David Skrela and will take Beauxis, first capped in 2007 and with 15 French appearances to date, on a three-year deal.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic