Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dai Young

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anchor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dai Young
    Posted: 07 May 2011 at 3:06am
Fair play to the guy under huge (unfair) pressure from the Blues fans to be sacked after the players haven't performed. He was open and honest in the post-match interview and not making any excuses. The progress Cardiff/blues made under him they would be stupid to even think about changing him
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:11am
Agreed. He didn't shun or deflect anything. The truth is however, the Blues have not moved on this year.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:09am
i do feel dai young will be under pressure now though.blues fans aren't happy with dai there at all.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:25am
He said it's the first time under him that he feels that the team have gone backwards. Furthermore, he also said that there would be no recruitment in the summer. How can he go from winning the Amlin in one season to being sacked the next?? Funny world sport!! People demand success and if it's not achieved then heads must roll.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:42am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

He said it's the first time under him that he feels that the team have gone backwards. Furthermore, he also said that there would be no recruitment in the summer. How can he go from winning the Amlin in one season to being sacked the next?? Funny world sport!! People demand success and if it's not achieved then heads must roll.

Dan Parks.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 5:07pm
The problem with the Blues is that they're too one-dimensional. It's pretty simple: you stop Rush and Roberts and you stop them.
Roberts is, in my opinion, one of the world's most overrated players and Rush is starting to look like a spent force.
And then you have Dan Parks. The Blues started to play an exciting brand of rugby with Nicky Robinson pulling the strings at stand-off but replacing him with Parks was an odd choice. Parks is a boring git of a player who gave the Scarlets a massive hand last night with his decision to constantly kick ball away.
The Blues need to send him and his ridiculous sideburns back to haggis land.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

maldwyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maldwyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:08pm
Dai Young is a top bloke you never hear him dissing anyone.
Up the bum no harm done.
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:29pm
'no excuses, we were beaten by a better side....'   good judge too then.
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:45pm

Don't think the Blue's will progress any further under Dai Young, he has had considerable funds over a long period while head coach and will not be strengthening the sqaud in the summer, he has had a little silverware in his time but nowhere near the big prize, if i were a blues fan i would be worried 

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 9:53pm
he needs a 10 ....last season the blues were only good hen robinson was at the elm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:05pm
2 errors in my view. Sam Norton-Knight, and Dan Parks.
Apparently SNK is playing in Japan on mega bucks, according to BBC Wales after last night's game.
Blues are a more potent attacking force when Sweeney is at No 10.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:06pm

Having met him several times I can say that DY is a real gent, and gives others credit where it's due.

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2011 at 10:15pm
Seems like a nice guy....when you see people like johnson and turner ...its nice to see the sport still has room for gentlemen and not just w**********
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 5:58pm
Why oh why Sweeney hasn't got more starts at 10 this year I don't know.  He's no World beater but better than the last 2 first choice 10's they've had.
The Blues could make it 3 muppets in a row and sign up Biggar.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 6:40pm
if the blues had a 5 to 1 overlap ,i bet dan parks would still try to drop a goal!!!
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2011 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

if the blues had a 5 to 1 overlap ,i bet dan parks would still try to drop a goal!!!

Spot on.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic