Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ratko Mladic

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Thousands of pro Mladic supporters clashing with police yesterday. Strange world.

Strange and sad, they are validating that it was ok to massacre unarmed boys for the greater good of Bosnia/ Serbia or whatever they bloody are. Utterly appalling that they march to defend the monster, that murdered his own people ( granted different religion ffs) for something that happened centuries before. Sheer madness.

Edited by lofty evans - 31 May 2011 at 11:45am
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:00pm
AsI have said before, this world is a mess due to religion. About tune we ask grew up and put the bed side stories away once and for all
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Just slip the latch on his cell and go and make a cup of tea.

Then he can make his case about his innocence to the masses he was employed to serve and protect.

Thought you were better than that Wil.Shocked

You missed out the bit where he gets dropped by helicopter, from 30 or so feet, on the outskirts of Srebrinica. Now that would be justice

I was sort of re-enacting Benito Mussoilini's demise in my mind...

Dropping him out of a helicopter is not justice, being smashed to a pulp with no mercy by grieving relatives is.

I was dropping him first to stop him running away Lofty
#George
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2011 at 1:41pm

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Just slip the latch on his cell and go and make a cup of tea.

Then he can make his case about his innocence to the masses he was employed to serve and protect.

Thought you were better than that Wil.Shocked

You missed out the bit where he gets dropped by helicopter, from 30 or so feet, on the outskirts of Srebrinica. Now that would be justice

I was sort of re-enacting Benito Mussoilini's demise in my mind...

Dropping him out of a helicopter is not justice, being smashed to a pulp with no mercy by grieving relatives is.

I was dropping him first to stop him running away Lofty

My apologies for not being on the same wave length, LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLThumbs Up

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Originally posted by maldwyn maldwyn wrote:

Awful events like these will always happen I'm afraid,it's a shame.
Look at Northern Ireland/North of Ireland depending  on who you are.

You could one day be a killer who's in goverment.

No offence Maldwyn, but that is nonsense. We are talking about genocide here. It wasn't N. Ireland, it wasn't even in the same ball park. They walked in to a town one day and killed every male over the age of 12, 8,000 of them, and they did it whilst the UN stood and watched.

That doesn't just happen. Edmund Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." It never rung more true that Srebrinica

The fact the genocide happened in full view of the UN troops(I think they were Dutch), must be one of the most humiliating and shameful days in the history of the UN.

aye they were dutch mate -

Mladic extradition arouses painful Dutch memories.

The extradition of Ratko Mladic to the Netherlands for trial on genocide charges is particularly poignant.

The Dutch have a special interest in bringing him to justice because of their role - some would call it complicity - in the Srebrenica massacre.

More than any other nation, the Netherlands - whose peacekeepers failed to protect Muslim refugees in Srebrenica - has agitated for his arrest.

His detention has, therefore, sparked a collective sigh of relief here. But, for some, it has also revived a deep shame that remains in the Dutch conscience.

.........showing a cheerful Gen Mladic presenting Dutchbat commander Thom Karremans with going-away presents (including a lamp).

"Is this for my wife?" asks a smiling Lt Col Karremans. For the second time in 10 days he and Gen Mladic raised a toast to peace.

At his arrival in Zagreb, the Dutch commander spoke to the press about his "colleague" Gen Mladic.

"From the Serbian side, the capture of Srebrenica was a correct military operation," he said. "Mladic did a good job of out-manoeuvring us." He refused to call him a war criminal.

.........When the enclave fell and some 25,000 refugees crowded into and around the Dutchbat compound, fleeing Dutchbat soldiers panicked.

The battalion command refused to give the 18-year-old brother of interpreter Hasan Nuhanovic a UN pass. He had to leave the compound and was murdered by Gen Mladic's troops, together with his father and mother.

The official 2002 Dutch investigation by the NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies concluded that Dutchbat could not have prevented the enclave from falling, that the air strikes requested did not come in time, and some units did put up a fierce resistance.

The report though was critical about the failure of Lt Col Karremans to inform his superiors about the human tragedy witnessed by the battalion - such as the bodies his men saw along the stream outside the compound.

It also concluded that the Dutch army command had pursued a hush-hush policy in an attempt at damage limitation.

After returning to the Netherlands, Lt Col Karremans was paraded in a Cadillac convertible and later promoted to colonel.

Footage of Lt Karremans drinking with Gen Mladic in July 1995

Asked whether he held him responsible for the death of so many Muslim men, he said: "Absolutely, yes."

As he spoke, the channel replayed the footage of his forced "toast" with Gen Mladic on 11 July 1995. The Dutchbat commander was humiliated

full story
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

<h1>Ratko IS SAYING IN HIS DEFEBNCE THAT SCOTCH EGG ABUSE WAS THE CAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS.......I THINK HE MAY BE CLEARED
</h1>

for christ sake smelly give it a rest.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2011 at 9:09pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

<h1>Ratko IS SAYING IN HIS DEFEBNCE THAT SCOTCH EGG ABUSE WAS THE CAUSE OF HIS ACTIONS.......I THINK HE MAY BE CLEARED
</h1>

for christ sake smelly give it a rest.
arrrr...so you have outed yourself as a supporter of the scotch egg brigade .....and then there was 3Shocked
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 6:57am
Tondu?
Pie and a pint man. Banker.
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:17am

No offence Maldwyn, but that is nonsense. We are talking about genocide here. It wasn't N. Ireland, it wasn't even in the same ball park. They walked in to a town one day and killed every male over the age of 12, 8,000 of them, and they did it whilst the UN stood and watched.

That doesn't just happen. Edmund Burke said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." It never rung more true that Srebrinica

The fact the genocide happened in full view of the UN troops(I think they were Dutch), must be one of the most humiliating and shameful days in the history of the UN.

The extradition of Ratko Mladic to the Netherlands for trial on genocide charges is particularly poignant.

The Dutch have a special interest in bringing him to justice because of their role - some would call it complicity - in the Srebrenica massacre.

More than any other nation, the Netherlands - whose peacekeepers failed to protect Muslim refugees in Srebrenica - has agitated for his arrest.

His detention has, therefore, sparked a collective sigh of relief here. But, for some, it has also revived a deep shame that remains in the Dutch conscience.

.........showing a cheerful Gen Mladic presenting Dutchbat commander Thom Karremans with going-away presents (including a lamp).

"Is this for my wife?" asks a smiling Lt Col Karremans. For the second time in 10 days he and Gen Mladic raised a toast to peace.

At his arrival in Zagreb, the Dutch commander spoke to the press about his "colleague" Gen Mladic.

"From the Serbian side, the capture of Srebrenica was a correct military operation," he said. "Mladic did a good job of out-manoeuvring us." He refused to call him a war criminal.

.........When the enclave fell and some 25,000 refugees crowded into and around the Dutchbat compound, fleeing Dutchbat soldiers panicked.

The battalion command refused to give the 18-year-old brother of interpreter Hasan Nuhanovic a UN pass. He had to leave the compound and was murdered by Gen Mladic's troops, together with his father and mother.

The official 2002 Dutch investigation by the NIOD Institute for War, Holocaust and Genocide Studies concluded that Dutchbat could not have prevented the enclave from falling, that the air strikes requested did not come in time, and some units did put up a fierce resistance.

The report though was critical about the failure of Lt Col Karremans to inform his superiors about the human tragedy witnessed by the battalion - such as the bodies his men saw along the stream outside the compound.

It also concluded that the Dutch army command had pursued a hush-hush policy in an attempt at damage limitation.

After returning to the Netherlands, Lt Col Karremans was paraded in a Cadillac convertible and later promoted to colonel.

Asked whether he held him responsible for the death of so many Muslim men, he said: "Absolutely, yes."

As he spoke, the channel replayed the footage of his forced "toast" with Gen Mladic on 11 July 1995. The Dutchbat commander was humiliated

full story

God almighty, they actually promoted him for failing to have a pair of balls, and allowing genocide to take place!! That said, in my experience of Dutch soldiers they'd struggle to fight sleep let alone a testosterone filled Serbian brigade.
#George
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:25am

Tondu?
Pie and a pint man. Banker.
100% bacon bap and burgers and a pint.LOL
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 7:48am
Fair enough, all i wanted to clarify is that he ain't a scotch egg man (as absurdly accused by the Smellmeister mun...)Wink
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:10am
Back on topic please.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 8:44am

full story

Extremely sad memories. I accept its easy to say. But never has "doing the right thing" and screw joking orders been more apt.
Could anyone ignore and turn the other cheek at the time, i find it impossible that the UN lot were so bloody useless, for whatever the excuses.
This above highlights the shame of it all.

Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 9:25am
The various UN peacekeeping mission around the world have been farcical at times Lofty, and without a clear mandate and strong leadership they were always destined to fail. You have to look sometimes at the countries involved and question whether they are kitted out for the job. Silly example perhaps, I was in Bosnia in 96 and there was a Malaysian Battalion there. In the deep of winter it was minus 20 and these guys has never left their country before. they were in such poor condition it was unbelievable, and wouldn't have been able to take any action if needed. Admittedly, this was a NATO mission, but it just goes to show how easy it is to end up with the wrong people sometimes. The Dutch clearly weren't up for it and, in hindsight, shouldn't perhaps have been put in that position at the time. Combat ready troops there weren't.
#George
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 10:37am

The various UN peacekeeping mission around the world have been farcical at times Lofty, and without a clear mandate and strong leadership they were always destined to fail. You have to look sometimes at the countries involved and question whether they are kitted out for the job. Silly example perhaps, I was in Bosnia in 96 and there was a Malaysian Battalion there. In the deep of winter it was minus 20 and these guys has never left their country before. they were in such poor condition it was unbelievable, and wouldn't have been able to take any action if needed. Admittedly, this was a NATO mission, but it just goes to show how easy it is to end up with the wrong people sometimes. The Dutch clearly weren't up for it and, in hindsight, shouldn't perhaps have been put in that position at the time. Combat ready troops there weren't.

Serious question here Steve but shouldnt the UN be on trial as well for standing around whilst this maniac went to work?, i just dont understand how they could stand around, i admit i have never been in a combat situation.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2011 at 10:55am
simple answer Mr Evans, they didn't have the backbone or the orders to interfere. basically the baltic regions was very close to becoming another european war and if the UN had intervened it would have been just that.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic