Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Fever Charity

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlet Fever Charity
    Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:37am
I know lot's of members do great things for charitable causes...some link directly through here, others just publicised using the forum, and long may those continue.
Top effort by those involved like Beef's Army and Geordie Scarlet of late.

Got me thinking about whether the forum should actually have (totally separately to the other good causes) a nominated charity...maybe this is already the case, or has been done in the past?

I'm not suggesting a major series of events and such, but just maybe things like a fines committee adjudicating a charter of small fines (50p each?) that accumulate during the season and is then given to a charity selected by the forum (of course the chairty can change every year). This sort of thing as a start point...

--Entering the match day arena without the proper team coloured attire...

--Being suspended from the forum for being naughty...

--Un-explained non-attendance or lateness for matches...

--Poor behaviour whilst representing the club on tour (e.g. falling down manholes, being put to bed early, giving your shirt away without a fair trade, drinking posh things in strange glasses...)

--Failing to wish SA14 a happy birthday next year

--Butchering any Scarlet supporters song (and singing the theme song from Home and Away at all)

--Questioning the adjudication of the Fining Committee

--Swearing and latent hostility towards the Fining committee

--Habitually standing in a position that covets prominent TV coverage when at Parc y Scarlets

I know some of these or joking but it's just to get a flavour...

Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 7:56am
Good idea, not that I'd get fined for any of the examples above mind.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:01am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I know lot's of members do great things for charitable causes...some link directly through here, others just publicised using the forum, and long may those continue.

Got me thinking about whether the forum should actually have (totally separately to the other good causes) a nominated charity...maybe this is already the case, or has been done in the past?

I'm not suggesting a major series of events and such, but just maybe things like a fines committee adjudicating a charter of small fines (50p each?) that accumulate during the season and is then given to a charity selected by the forum (of course the chairty can change every year). This sort of thing as a start point...

--Poor behaviour whilst representing the club on tour (e.g. falling down manholes, being put to bed early, giving your shirt away without a fair trade, drinking posh things in strange glasses...)

--Butchering any Scarlet supporters song (and singing the theme song from Home and Away at all)

--Habitually standing in a position that covets prominent TV coverage when at Parc y Scarlets

Marvellous idea,,,,, ClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 8:39am
Sounds a great idea and a lot of fun.

How about half proceeds to Grav's charity and half to Crys16, the Scarlets supporters trust?
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Im not made of chuffing money mun. Cracking idea though.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:02am
Good bludi idea Wil and Mikes charitys sound spot on, not sure about a fine for swearing ffs,

Good idea Wil and spot on for Mikes charity ideas, not sure about a fine for swearing ffs but a £5 fine for singing Home and Away if you dont admit you watch the show.

bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:05am
Sorry about the double post had a bout of stupidity with the keyboard again.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:06am
Do we have an accountant to watch the money Wil, or are you volunteering as you're online more than anyone else?Wink
#George
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:06am
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Sorry about the double post had a bout of stupidity with the keyboard again.
50p fine there Mr Lewis
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:28am
A quid every time sa14 mentions the ospreys or henson .
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:38am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

A quid every time sa14 mentions the ospreys or henson .

Grow up Rolly!!! When do I ever mention the Ospreys or Henson FFS!!!!!

£2 worse offOuch
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:48am
great idea.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 10:50am
smelly will be skint....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:00am
If it's small amounts like 50p then I can't see people having a problem. Mike's 50/50 is a good idea. How about a list of people who are prepared to give money? Count me in. (Or will a good old fashioned press gang work)
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 11:02am
the forum will need to give out it's paypal address and we could send to that. 

I'll be up for 50p a time.. although I fear that if stinky riles me up then It will cost me a fortune....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 July 2011 at 12:31pm
But it will be going to charity
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic