Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > RUGBY ARCHIVE > Rugby World Cup 2011
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat price the red card.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeicScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What price the red card.....
    Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:11pm
The All Blacks were beatable today...... they were in bits. If Wales had been in that final I think we would have done it......
A Stradey Scarlet in exile, deep in the heart of Tiger country.
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:14pm
Only with wharburton playing

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 5:22pm
Let it go, we had our chances to win and didn't take them.

France were vastly improved today than against us so it makes it hard to judge. I would have loved to have seen a Wales All Black final and in one game anything can happen. Yes, they did look beatable today but we don't exactly have a great record against them (or any SH side really) and they still won. So lets not give in to romantic notions that one decision cost us a world cup and move on.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 6:10pm
The French were very good today IMO the better side but I think for the good of rugby it needed a NZ win. Yes they push the boundaries on whats legal but more importantly they push the boundaries on skill and tactics as well.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 6:51pm
I of course salute and applaud the all blacks and the people of new zealand. not just on this world cup victory but on being the best in the world for most of the last 24 years too. the country is so beautiful and the teams have clearly loved being there amongst true rugby people.

as for the game itself I agree with lawrence for once, the ref ignored at least 4 neck high tackles completely, he also ignored multiple offsides with the all blacks slow back tracking and on one occasion id say at least 5 players didnt get even close to behinc the hindmost foot before coming forward to make tackles.

the inconsistency factor is far far far too prevalent and imho once a team sees what it can get away with then thats it game over. whether its offside at rucks, lying on the ball, hands in the ruck, head high tackles etc it all ruins our great game

i dont think this was a vintage all blacks team tbh. good enough, consistent enough , determined enough with a fantastic defence and the odd bit of magic from nonu and daag. but overall id call it a very good team, thoroughly professional and well drilled, disciplined and strong under pressure. just a shame they werent pushed more in the tournament.

mccaw is of course their talisman. the most effective openside of his generation. how he does it I may never truly know. he gets into positions other players can only dream of

on paper  without carter and mulliaina wales first 15 are probably as good a team imho as new zealand at this moment. but a combination of belief, winning experience, bottle and nerve/composure, strength in depth and maybe just luck too was the difference.

loads of kicks were missed this world cup with these balls and the windy conditions. we are not far behind but we are still behind. we dont just want to try and catch up, we want to overtake. that work starts right now at every single club and every academy and every region and of course at the welsh hq in the vale. were on the right trackk but we must NEVER ever be complacent nor must we ever lack belief in ourselves. lets talk ourselves up. forget being plucky underdogs. lets expect to win and do everything in our nations power to get to number 1 in the world
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
LeicScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeicScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2011 at 6:54pm

The "real" final would have been Saffers v Wales.

A Stradey Scarlet in exile, deep in the heart of Tiger country.
LavonneDaniels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LavonneDaniels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2012 at 4:17am
The French were very good today IMO the better side but I think for the good of rugby it needed a NZ win.
http://www.easydvdmart.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic