Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Golf Buggy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:02pm
Don't you think 1k could be put to better use somewhere else?
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:06pm
It did seem hard on Dom Day having to limp off on Sat. - he seemed to take forever.

The stretcher carrier is a good idea - especially if it is sponsored in some way.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:12pm
Honda make something suitable (a 'side-by-side' Multi Utility Vehicle) in the USA of America, the 'Big Red', but don't bring it in to Europe. Yet.

It's available in any colour you like, as long as it's Scarlet.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:17pm
SA - 1 k won't get you much these days . I wasn't suggesting the scarlets payed for it though .
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

SA - 1 k won't get you much these days . I wasn't suggesting the scarlets payed for it though .

I understand what your saying and the idea of it being donated. I just wouldn't spend money buying one. There's other areas where the money could be better spent.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 7:28pm
heres one it took me 70 seconds to find....http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Petrol-Golf-Buggy-Ez-go-ez-go-not-yamaha-/110771400776?pt=UK_Golf_Trolleys&hash=item19ca7d7048
doesnt have to be perfect theyre only travelling 100 yards....they could make their money back (and more) by offering sponsorships on the buggy

and 50 quid change from a grand tooThumbs Up
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 8:29pm
As has been said previously, why not use the 'Alligator' John Deere that they have at the stadium anyway?

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 8:34pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I understand what your saying and the idea of it being donated. I just wouldn't spend money buying one. There's other areas where the money could be better spent.
1K better spent elsewhere! Are you serious?
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Didn't realise we had money to burn.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 9:36pm
what was wrong with a stretcher ?. there was one in front of the tunnel. Dom is so tall it didnt look like he had any support coming off so he might have made the injury worse.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

what was wrong with a stretcher ?. there was one in front of the tunnel. Dom is so tall it didnt look like he had any support coming off so he might have made the injury worse.

I thought that as well, it was a muscle tear on his calf wasnt it? Every time he touched his foot down he was in agony, why risk making the injury worse, there's just no need for it in the modern game. Even a couple of couple of crutches would have been better than letting him limp off?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 5:17am
If it was a muscle tear, walking on it would not damage it further as the tear occurs through an abnormal strain on the tissue. Walking although painful is a normal movement.
I was stretchered off once with a bad lower limb injury, & being 6'2", my legs hung over the end of the stretcher, bouncing with every one of the out of syncs stretcher bearers steps ! I got off & hopped it was less painful !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 6:22am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

If it was a muscle tear, walking on it would not damage it further as the tear occurs through an abnormal strain on the tissue. Walking although painful is a normal movement.
I was stretchered off once with a bad lower limb injury, & being 6'2", my legs hung over the end of the stretcher, bouncing with every one of the out of syncs stretcher bearers steps ! I got off & hopped it was less painful !
Thankyou ..Dr Kildare
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 7:49am

Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

Didn't realise we had money to burn.

We're only talking a couple of grand, we had plenty of money to burn on Tipuna, wages, house and car!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 8:00am
Aye, agree Redeyes, couple of grand is really peanuts to the Scarlets when you compare it to other costs. Can't really see why we haven't got one TBH. How many freebies do they give away on match days to watch the rugby?? There's probably a few grands worth of free tickets floating about each week I'd have thought.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2011 at 8:52am

I can understand the need for serious injuries, but most should be covered by the bog standard stretcher I would have thougt? Star

I agree with the money side of things too, second row or buggy..........Hmmmm now let me see.
Buggy! LOL
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic