Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North's future

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

This is what we need Smelly for.

No-one else has the energy to repeatedly sort this stuff out for what it is...every chuffing week.

LOL
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:22pm

No-one else has the energy to repeatedly sort this stuff out for what it is...every chuffing week.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:32pm

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 9:50pm

have a thanks for that....
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:19pm
How long have the thought police banned Smelly for this time? I'm sure this is a human rights issue and that we could get those nice NATO warmongers to take out the moderators  responsible for this outrage.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

Originally posted by Lepsgreeny Lepsgreeny wrote:

Surely now after the Grand Slam and his monster performance against Ireland the French clubs will be targeting him more now. It really would be gutting to see a player like George North leaving the Scarlets, especially now when our form is starting to pick up.Someone should just interview him so we can settle this arguement once and for all.
to be honest with you,i wouldn't be gutted at all if he went.when does he play for us now?when was the last time he scored a try for us?when was the last time he put in a man of the match display for us?

Jesus Christ, he's 19 years old and still learning the game. Have some patience ffs.  
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 10:39pm
George North gave a very good interview to Scott Quinell on this weeks rugby club.
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 11:21pm

The last generation had Brian O'Driscoll. This generation has George North. I truly believe he's that good.

He's 19 and people forget that BOD was 21 when he scored a hat-trick against France in Paris. Two years at that stage of development is a very, very long time.
I, for one, am very proud George North wears our shirt, and he wears it with pride. He seems a humble lad and, despite the inevitable offers from the mega-rich vultures with zero rugby heritage, I reckon we should keep our boy until he really, really wants to go.
Thanks for the Grand Slam, George. I can't wait to see you in a Scarlets shirt again. You're more than welcome here - and that's a massive understatement.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 March 2012 at 11:38pm
Has anyone given any thought to the fact here maybe a limitation to the amount of game time our managment will allow him to play. We must remember his age, his size and the fact he is still growing.
Bad football comparrison I accept but I remember when a certain new kid on the block at Liverpool called Steve Gerrard at the age of 18-19 was only allowed to play once a week when his skill dictated he should play every game. In that season he grew 1.5" and was suffering from growing pains after every game. Think of the pounding these players takes in the collissions and receovery time for players will vary.

As for Smelly, his presence back is required. Has his defence team put forward an appeal for a reduced sentence for good behaviour. That being said a wise defence Council might think this a risky strategy as his previous record could be used against him and is Smelly renowned for his 'good behaviour'?

Still miss him though!!Unhappy
We all had Doctor's papers!
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 7:52am
George is playing for the one side that will win the HC for Wales, i can see him at the Scarlets for another 10 years after winning the HC three years on the trot, starting next year.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:09am
Like a lot of our young players, George doesn't really understand all the speculation about his future. Just see's himself as a Scarlet really. He signed a 3 year deal last year. A Scarlet with a lot of un-finished business.

Msybe ask him which he would rather, a 6N winners medal or a HC win.
Some would be genuinely suprised with the answer.

I really hope that neither he nor anyone close to him reads some of the absolute tosh written on threads like this.

To be honest I'm absolute and totally nucked off with this questioning of the value of international players to our team or their underlying commitment or performace level.

It's absolutely absurd and without merit, but the real stinger is if they do leave (and if they read these threads I frankly wouldn't blame them), who would we replace them with...someone better?

Edited by Wil Chips - 24 March 2012 at 8:16am
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Like a lot of our young players, George doesn't really understand all the speculation about his future. Just see's himself as a Scarlet really. A Scarlet with a lot of un-finished business.

Msybe ask him which he would rather, a 6N winners mdeal or a HC win.

I really hope that neither he nor anyone close to him reads some of the absolute tosh written on threads like this.

To be honest I'm absolute and totally nucked off with this questioning of the value of international players to our team or their underlying commitment or performace level.

It's absolutely absurd and without merit, but the real stinger is if they do leave (and if they read these threads I frankly wouldn't blame them), who would we repleace them with...someone better?

There are some posters who love to stir and wind up others, shallow unfulfilled lives.

Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 8:12am
Great post Wil, totally agree, some on here do not realise how lucky we are.
YMA O HYD
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 9:26am

Like a lot of our young players, George doesn't really understand all the speculation about his future. Just see's himself as a Scarlet really. He signed a 3 year deal last year. A Scarlet with a lot of un-finished business.

It's absolutely absurd and without merit, but the real stinger is if they do leave (and if they read these threads I frankly wouldn't blame them), who would we replace them with...someone better?

Maybe not straight away but there is a strong chance we would. A season or two ago we were worrying what would happen if Stephen or Regan ever went.

I'm pretty confident he will stay and am proud he's a Scarlet. We have to accept we won't see him much during the season. That's the price you pay these days for having a world class player in the squad.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 10:26am
Guys, someone with his second post questions George's future and you lot go into anxiety over drive.

Perspective people, oh, and trolls

Mike, spot on about the Smelly one btw

Edited by Once a monkey - 24 March 2012 at 10:27am
#George
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 March 2012 at 10:49am

Do you really think he would answer HC Will,?

I'm not questioning his motives, I've never met him, but I'd be surprised and delighted if he said that.
To be honest, a HC win is a much bigger achievement in terms of the results needed.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>
  Share Topic