Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

what a great advert.........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

what i liked was when we were 1 point ahead at 20-19, we defended the halfway line and made ground in defence leaving them have the ball. trusting everyone to make their tackles.

dan thomas showed some great skills, he was involved in everything towards the end, including giving a lovely timed soft pass for the try.

i`m very excited about the next wave of scarlets.

nigel owens deserves a ban for missing that punch. as do his touch judges. shocking play!

tmo on manus try was dodgy mind.

i dont know what happened there. he said to his touch judge "i've got it. green 9" but did nothing
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 10:45am
Originally posted by pontystars7 pontystars7 wrote:

Last night's official attendance 8,117, and after a game like that our attendances will continue to grow
there were about 900 in the band,LOL
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 11:01am
Fantastic advert for the game, for the competition and for the standard of players available to us if needed. Maule and Warren yet again showed touches that really do deserve more recognition at a higher level than the LV, our back row just didn't stop carrying and I felt all 6 front row forwards gave them a lesson in scrummaging last night.

On the issue of the punch, I felt that moment could have cost LI a victory. At that time they were enjoying a dominant phase in the match and I felt they could have run away from us a bit, but the bad feeling the punch left amongst the crowd and the players seemed to lift our game and LI didn't know how to cope!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:17pm
I have to say that whilst the LV Cup is a Mickey Mouse event, it has allowed us to blood several players over the past few seasons into a safe but competitive environment.

When you see "tomorrow's" players like Dan Thomas coming on (and Jordan Williams in an earlier round) then it can only benefit the region.

The LI team were no mugs and our defensive play, for the most part, was pleasing. We're obviously doing things correctly at the Parc these days!

connor boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote connor boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 12:26pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by pontystars7 pontystars7 wrote:

Last night's official attendance 8,117, and after a game like that our attendances will continue to grow
there were about 900 in the band,LOL
not a bad crowd thenClap
Pigeon Toed Orange Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel..........
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:09pm
that Ojo try was the 1st we have conceeded in the LV this season, until last night we were the only side not to have let the opposition cross our line, that says a lot about how well our defence has gone, well done to easterby and co! looks as if the guys really want to win the lv which is great!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I have to say that whilst the LV Cup is a Mickey Mouse event, it has allowed us to blood several players over the past few seasons into a safe but competitive environment.

When you see "tomorrow's" players like Dan Thomas coming on (and Jordan Williams in an earlier round) then it can only benefit the region.

The LI team were no mugs and our defensive play, for the most part, was pleasing. We're obviously doing things correctly at the Parc these days!

mickey mouse? there is a serious amount of winnings and exposure on offer for playing 4 games and getting thro. far more money per match for winning it than the rabo is offering i`d have thought.

plus sky exposure to the scarlets brand, ethos and culture is massive.

our club is attracting many people who previously have little reason to get involved with us. people from all over the uk.

we`ve been unlucky in this comp not to make the semi finals the last few years. something i feel would have progressed our young squad far quicker.

where are the semis to be played by the way? is it the ms double header like when we played bath?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

that Ojo try was the 1st we have conceeded in the LV this season, until last night we were the only side not to have let the opposition cross our line, that says a lot about how well our defence has gone, well done to easterby and co! looks as if the guys really want to win the lv which is great!

yeap as i said earlier, the way we defended the halfway line at 20-19 forcing a turnover and a clinching try showed great resolve, guts and belief in each other.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:15pm
What a fantastic night last night, best home win of the season for me. So proud of how we defended and battled so hard. The release and sheer joy as Vili sped away at the end was priceless.

We are really moving forward now, if you'd said 5 or 6 years ago that we would beat a strong English premiership side with around 21 players not available you would be laughed at!

We have to finish the job now in Sale next weekend, and I'm sure we will, and we have a cup semi at home, how good will that be! Appy Days.Big smile
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 1:24pm

Great win last night enjoyable game,but Owens was very poor .

Within touching distance of a home semi,can,t wait for next Saturdays trip to Sale .
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:06pm
there is no doubt given their position in their group, and the team they picked, and given how long they`ve gone without beating us, that irish smelled scarlet blood last night.

they must have read our team sheet and licked their lips.

that is twice our kids have beaten them with quality rugby. last season steve shingler gave a masterclass from 10.

interesting hearing mike catt explaining that they didn`t realise how good he was and what they had bought until they started seeing him in training.

this is a clear complement to the standard of rugby player our academy is constantly producing. the display of dan thomas was outstanding.

i`m not even that worried about the odd one or two leaving tbh. cos the way we are producing players we wont be able to keep them all happy anyway!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:17pm
Player retention may indeed become an issue, but won't be a problem provided as you say we keep producing them.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:20pm
Brought a mate last night for the third time in 2 seasons, and he's a Blues ST holder. Absolutely loves coming to our place, thinks the Barn is brilliant for his son, loved the atmosphere and singing, and was very envious of the skill and passion that our kids/seconds continue to show. Don't think I'll ever turn him properly, he's a genuine Diff boy, but he described us as "we" at one stage last night, so suspect he'll come back again.

Great game of rugby, and enjoyed Dan Thomas' little cameo
#George
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Fantastic advert for the game, for the competition and for the standard of players available to us if needed. Maule and Warren yet again showed touches that really do deserve more recognition at a higher level than the LV, our back row just didn't stop carrying and I felt all 6 front row forwards gave them a lesson in scrummaging last night.

He slipped off a couple of tackles yesterday. He's vulnerable against quicker men when forced to drift. He'll have to sort that out before he can overtake Maule as 3rd choice centre.
New_scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote New_scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 2:46pm

what i liked was when we were 1 point ahead at 20-19, we defended the halfway line and made ground in defence leaving them have the ball. trusting everyone to make their tackles.

dan thomas showed some great skills, he was involved in everything towards the end, including giving a lovely timed soft pass for the try.

i`m very excited about the next wave of scarlets.

nigel owens deserves a ban for missing that punch. as do his touch judges. shocking play!

tmo on manus try was dodgy mind.
Not sure, we have watched it several times and the ball was definitely grounded and then he was pulled up. Not sure why people are questioning it really. Confused
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 January 2012 at 3:05pm

Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

mickey mouse? there is a serious amount of winnings and exposure on offer for playing 4 games and getting thro. far more money per match for winning it than the rabo is offering i`d have thought.

Poor choice of phrase on my behalf. What I mean is that the competition's status, as an event, is diminished because of the fact that the squads are depleted. It will never be as high profile as the Heineken Cup and the Rabo is our gateway to Europe.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to progress through - especially with a home tie.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic