Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

French Top 14 to change?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: French Top 14 to change?
    Posted: 04 February 2012 at 1:33pm
The French media are wondering whether the French Top14 will be increased or decreased by 2 teams for next season.
There are 2 meetings of the LNR on the 16th and 26th of Feb.
The most likely is for an extra 2 teams to be added, hence no relegation this season.
However ST prefer 12 teams. Their President was quoted in yesterdays midi olympique as saying an extra 4 matches/season would:
a) cause the season to be started 2 weeks early
b) lose 1 of the 4 French AI slots
c) reduce the matches played in the HEC

The Grenoble (top of the Pro D2) President was also quoted as saying French Pro Rugby is very fragile, financially. Hence the desperate need for 2 extra home games.

There were 2 full pages in Midi Olympique covering the breaking news.
Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 1:47pm
"Reduce the matches played in the HEC"........

Is it their competition to tinker with then?

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 1:49pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

"Reduce the matches played in the HEC"........

Is it their competition to tinker with then?

NO ! And neither is it England's, but in the past both nations have behaved as though it is !
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2012 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

The French media are wondering whether the French Top14 will be increased or decreased by 2 teams for next season.
There are 2 meetings of the LNR on the 16th and 26th of Feb.
The most likely is for an extra 2 teams to be added, hence no relegation this season.
However ST prefer 12 teams. Their President was quoted in yesterdays midi olympique as saying an extra 4 matches/season would:
a) cause the season to be started 2 weeks early
b) lose 1 of the 4 French AI slots
c) reduce the matches played in the HEC

The Grenoble (top of the Pro D2) President was also quoted as saying French Pro Rugby is very fragile, financially. Hence the desperate need for 2 extra home games.

There were 2 full pages in Midi Olympique covering the breaking news.

Interesting quote this !
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 4:21pm
Guy Noves has been quoted in Midi Olympique that he supports a Top 12(going with his boss)

Guy Novès, le manager du Stade toulousain, actuel leader du Top 14, s'est dit ce lundi une nouvelle fois favorable à un championnat de France à 12 équipes pour permettre à tous "de bien se préparer, récupérer et appréhender le rugby professionnel moderne".

"Moi, je serais plus pour un Top 12 car on cherche des dates partout. Je ne pense pas que le Top 16 puisse permettre au rugby français de progresser. Je suis favorable à moins de matches mais de plus haut niveau. Je ne comprends pas du coup ce qu'il y a derrière ou j'espère ne pas tout comprendre. Que ce soit pour l'équipe de France ou les clubs nous sommes continuellement dans la recherche de dates, non pas pour jouer mais pour permettre à tous de bien se préparer, récupérer et appréhender le rugby pro moderne. Je ne vois pas la cohérence de rajouter d'autres rencontres".
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 4:47pm
Going back to my French lessons circa 1980 all I picked up from that was Je suis,  I am.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 5:00pm
That post must win some kind of award?
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 5:01pm
Certainly not the plain English award.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 5:55pm
If you don't know how to use Google translaterCry
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2012 at 6:24pm

I do, and if I was quoting a French article I'd translate it before I posted it.

Hos choHwl' ?

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I do, and if I was quoting a French article I'd translate it before I posted it.

Hos choHwl' ?

I did to start the threadWink Thought I'd give you the chance this time.
However, if you stop posting in Welsh on the English threads, I'll stop posting in French. O.K? LOL

Edited by Vulcan - 08 February 2012 at 12:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic