Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

'Let's do it for Dan'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 'Let's do it for Dan'
    Posted: 06 April 2012 at 9:09am
Dan is playing full-back against Swansea on Saturday.

I hope the fans that arent going to Brive get down to the Parc to support him and the boys.

Good Luck.

'Let's do it for dan' .

Friday, April 06, 2012 South Wales Evening Post

WALES centre Jonathan Davies has said the Scarlets are determined to claim another famous victory in France this weekend as a mark of respect to the father of team-mate Dan Newton, who died tragically this week.

The Scarlets' preparations for Sunday's Amlin Challenge Cup quarter-final against Brive have been overshadowed by the death of Roy Newton, who died suddenly on Tuesday.

The Scarlets cancelled training on Tuesday afternoon and the players only returned to Parc y Scarlets yesterday.

"I can't say enough nice words about Roy," said Davies, who came through the junior ranks at Whitland RFC, where Roy Newton was a coach.

"He was one of the nicest guys I have known. He was a massive part of the community, everyone loved him. It is a huge loss. I went back the other night and the whole community is in shock.

"He coached me and my brother at youth level at Whitland. All we can do is send our condolences to the family and everyone here is trying to support Dan and the family as much as we can.

"Instances like this do make you think about things, but the best we can do is concentrate on the game and get a result for Dan and his family."

Head coach Nigel Davies has taken the decision not to pick Newton this weekend.

"The boys have come back and everything is still raw because Dan is a very popular member of this squad and a likeable character and we all feel for him.

"His father was a respected member of the rugby community," he said.

"Dan phoned us to say if we wanted him to play he would consider coming with us to France because it was what his father would have wanted, which is very brave of the young man, but he won't be travelling with us."

The Scarlets have been boosted by the return of England No. 8 Ben Morgan who has overcome a hamstring injury, although Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland will have a late fitness test on his knee problem.

Davies has also rubbished speculation linking the region with Argentina's World Cup second row Manuel Carizza, who is being released by Biarritz.

He said: "We definitely haven't signed him and we are not in talks with him. This is the first I have heard of it." Then he added: "We are definitely looking at bringing in one or two second rows into the squad."

Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 10:38am
Nice words.

As for going down to support Llanelli. Swansea are our oldest rivals so if there is one Llanelli game that deserves support this season this would be it. We're also still in a strong position for a play off place with games in hand.

I hope lots go down on Sunday to Y parc to watch Brive v Scarlets too. Doors open 6pm.

Remember, no work the next day!

Edited by SA14 - 06 April 2012 at 10:39am
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:08am
Whats the ticket prices?
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:34am
£5 with your season ticket.
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 11:41am
without a season ticket? also is it same price any where in the stadium? or is only the south stand going to be open ?
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 12:11pm
South stand. Not sure of without a season ticket or how much kids are.
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:01pm
£10 without a season ticket, and kids are free I think
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Dan is playing full-back against Swansea on Saturday.

I hope the fans that arent going to Brive get down to the Parc to support him and the boys.

Good Luck.

'Let's do it for dan' .

Friday, April 06, 2012 South Wales Evening Post

WALES centre Jonathan Davies has said the Scarlets are determined to claim another famous victory in France this weekend as a mark of respect to the father of team-mate Dan Newton, who died tragically this week.

The Scarlets' preparations for Sunday's Amlin Challenge Cup quarter-final against Brive have been overshadowed by the death of Roy Newton, who died suddenly on Tuesday.

The Scarlets cancelled training on Tuesday afternoon and the players only returned to Parc y Scarlets yesterday.

"I can't say enough nice words about Roy," said Davies, who came through the junior ranks at Whitland RFC, where Roy Newton was a coach.

"He was one of the nicest guys I have known. He was a massive part of the community, everyone loved him. It is a huge loss. I went back the other night and the whole community is in shock.

"He coached me and my brother at youth level at Whitland. All we can do is send our condolences to the family and everyone here is trying to support Dan and the family as much as we can.

"Instances like this do make you think about things, but the best we can do is concentrate on the game and get a result for Dan and his family."

Head coach Nigel Davies has taken the decision not to pick Newton this weekend.

"The boys have come back and everything is still raw because Dan is a very popular member of this squad and a likeable character and we all feel for him.

"His father was a respected member of the rugby community," he said.

"Dan phoned us to say if we wanted him to play he would consider coming with us to France because it was what his father would have wanted, which is very brave of the young man, but he won't be travelling with us."

The Scarlets have been boosted by the return of England No. 8 Ben Morgan who has overcome a hamstring injury, although Wales fly-half Rhys Priestland will have a late fitness test on his knee problem.

Davies has also rubbished speculation linking the region with Argentina's World Cup second row Manuel Carizza, who is being released by Biarritz.

He said: "We definitely haven't signed him and we are not in talks with him. This is the first I have heard of it." Then he added: "We are definitely looking at bringing in one or two second rows into the squad."

Great post Tondu ,all the best to Llanelli Rfc won,t able to make game has i m Brive bound .Lets win it for Dan that would be brilliant and dedicate it in memory of Roy Newton .

Edited by 157cb - 06 April 2012 at 4:06pm
llanfam View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanfam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 5:28pm
£10 & £3 for kids .

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 6:11pm
Hadnt seen this thread when I posted at lunchtime in the Llanelli v Swansea thread. Really gutsy of Dan to be playing tomorrow, get down there if you can.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 April 2012 at 7:59pm
Thanks for posting that Tondu.

Dan's call, but for what's it's worth, I think he is absolutely spot on in what he has said reference his dad would have wanted him to play.
North London Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 3:20pm
Dan went off the pitch with a shoulder injury about half hr in this afternoon for the RFC. Didn't look nasty. Perhaps just a stinger even. But played some fantastic rugby in his 30 minute innings...

... 18-8 HT

Edited by North London Scarlet - 07 April 2012 at 3:22pm
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 3:40pm
Well done Dan, we all know how proud your Dad must be to have such a dedicated son!  Clap
"YMA O HYD"
North London Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 4:32pm
42-22 ft. Excellent perf by the RFC.
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...
scarletswoman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletswoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2012 at 5:11pm
well done the RFC and well done Dan Clap hope his shoulder isn't hurt too badly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic