Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afoa tip tackle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afoa tip tackle
    Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:05am
Anyone seen this??

Didn't watch the match so just picked this up online.

How on earth wasn't he sent off for this during the match??

One of the worst 'tip tackles' that I've seen for a while.

Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

al08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:16am

Really?The worst you've seen?

What a drama queen.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 12:36am
I think hes more riled about the double standards
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:22am
Knock on .... First offence ! Wink

Seriously though ... nailed on Red Card IMO !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:24am
Tipuric was banned for less than that. Matthew Rees was cited for less than that.

What a joke
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:27am
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 11:35am
un blinking believable:

Quote If he gets cited it will be a travesty. It was a great tackle made to look bad by a couple of Munster players throwing their arms up in the air
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:46pm
Well, he's been cited now according to the latest ERC tweet:

@UlsterRugby John Afoa cited for alleged dangerous tackle on @Munsterrugby Felix Jones during #HeinekenCup q-f. #LondonCalling
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:47pm
http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/news/16480.php
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 3:56pm
Nothing in thatif Afoa gets cited for something like that then I will loose respect for the sport. It's a physical game get over it!
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Nothing in thatif Afoa gets cited for something like that then I will loose respect for the sport. It's a physical game get over it!
Mate, in many ways I agree that some decisions in rugby seem to be getting softer, but that was a blatent red card all day long.

The first one I've seen for a while when a player is driven into the ground as opposed to dropped - much worse driving someone than dropping someone IMO.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:08pm

Before this season most of us would agree.

But there is no way one person can do it and get banned and another does it and gets absolutely nothing.

Having said that, did any action get taken over this from 2 weeks ago?

No is the answer - because the citing system is a joke.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Mate, in many ways I agree that some decisions in rugby seem to be getting softer, but that was a blatent red card all day long.

The first one I've seen for a while when a player is driven into the ground as opposed to dropped - much worse driving someone than dropping someone IMO.
Na sorry in my eyes it was a good fair tackle. A penalty at most there was no malice in it. Rugby is getting pathetic tbh.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Well, he's been cited now according to the latest ERC tweet:

@UlsterRugby John Afoa cited for alleged dangerous tackle on @Munsterrugby Felix Jones during #HeinekenCup q-f. #LondonCalling

Quite right too,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Before this season most of us would agree.

But there is no way one person can do it and get banned and another does it and gets absolutely nothing.

Having said that, did any action get taken over this from 2 weeks ago?

No is the answer - because the citing system is a joke.

Revenge of a five point hammering for this, defo driving him into the ground,,,

Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:25pm

Agreed, but when you see Ballotelli with studs showing and above the knee with the potential to end a players career and idiots driving players with intent and no real control, explain it to the players wife, children, parents when he is in a wheelchair, nah not really, everyone walks away then and families pick up the pieces and the maddening thing is, oh yes thanks for the memories, now who is the next big thing,,, all the best,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, there is fairness and hardness and there is intent to harm and cowardice...
That Saints dope breaking a players arm in that manner, shows everything that is wrong with over zealous physical activity,,,,for me its the 5ucking pits.

Edited by lofty evans - 10 April 2012 at 4:28pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic