Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Phil bennett

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Phil bennett
    Posted: 10 April 2012 at 2:15pm
Just have to say a few words about the great man himself, i had the pleasure of travelling with phil and his lovelly wife pat, to and back from brive on the weekend
He travelled with all us supporters on the official club trip, its the first time ive accually met the scarlet legend, and i have to say what a total and absolute scarlet legend he is, his stories and his company on the long journey to southampton made time fly. also enjoyed a couple of drinks with him over the weekend.
Thank you phil for helping to make our weekend such a memorable and enjoyable one , not only a very humble and modest man, but a total and complete gentleman aswell, what a honour it is for us supporters to have such a rugby great as part of our history
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by mad scarlet mad scarlet wrote:

Just have to say a few words about the great man himself, i had the pleasure of travelling with phil and his lovelly wife pat, to and back from brive on the weekend
He travelled with all us supporters on the official club trip, its the first time ive accually met the scarlet legend, and i have to say what a total and absolute scarlet legend he is, his stories and his company on the long journey to southampton made time fly. also enjoyed a couple of drinks with him over the weekend.
Thank you phil for helping to make our weekend such a memorable and enjoyable one , not only a very humble and modest man, but a total and complete gentleman aswell, what a honour it is for us supporters to have such a rugby great as part of our history

ClapClapClap

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 5:49pm
I was literally shaking when I met him. He said "How does a Midland boy like you support the Scarlets then?" And in the wimpiest voice ever I replied "cos of you". Great bloke!
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 6:10pm
Was well made up for you meeting one of your hero's, you better hurry up to catch the other one. Maybe a trip to South Africa Solihull.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:17pm
Well there was talk about them joining the league a while back.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:27pm

A great man in so many ways, a true ambassdor for Llanelli and the sport of rugby and someone who remains completely true to his roots despite reaching the pinnacle of his sport as a player.

He must have spoken to hundreds of people over the course of the weekend, most of whom he didn't know personally including officials of Southampton Airport.

His passion for the Scarlets is as great as ever and it's always fantastic to see him on these trips.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:31pm
A FOEL boy nuff said
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
scarlettilidie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlettilidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:41pm
Watching Speedy singing his rendition of a tribute to Benny and then Benny with tears in his eyes (nothing to do with Speedys voice), one of the best moments for me last weekend.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

A FOEL boy nuff said

We are the best, i agree Wink
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:38pm
Hi Scarlet Rob there is a great picture of your right arm on S4C outside the cafe, are you talking to Jamie?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Hi Scarlet Rob there is a great picture of your right arm on S4C outside the cafe, are you talking to Jamie?

My fault for going on a trip with so many large people, block you out mun Wink
mad scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mad scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by scarlettilidie scarlettilidie wrote:

Watching Speedy singing his rendition of a tribute to Benny and then Benny with tears in his eyes (nothing to do with Speedys voice), one of the best moments for me last weekend.
yeah he mentioned this a couple of times on the way back he was well impressed, ive been going around all day telling everyone that he's my new best mate LOLLOL
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by scarlet_rob scarlet_rob wrote:

A FOEL boy nuff said

You boys play for foel???

Perhaps i know you???

Phil is a top bloke!
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 April 2012 at 9:58pm
Originally posted by jeremy windell jeremy windell wrote:

Originally posted by scarlet_rob scarlet_rob wrote:

A FOEL boy nuff said

You boys play for foel???

Perhaps i know you???

Phil is a top bloke!

Nope.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic