Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

hope signings are on the horizon!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hope signings are on the horizon!
    Posted: 20 April 2012 at 8:54am
Nigel quoted in the swep, talking about our munster hooodoooo and problems in the scrum. This fills me with some hope that we may actually get some forwards!!!!

Our scrum is a huge concern," admitted Davies. "The set piece has been an Achilles heel for us. The one thing you have to hold onto and rely on is your set-piece and ideally you also want to take something away from the opposition.

"It is not something we have done consistently well in either case and it is a huge factor in us losing some of the big games this year.

"For me, my primary focus in terms of recruitment, is moving our game forward in that area."
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:17am
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Nigel quoted in the swep, talking about our munster hooodoooo and problems in the scrum. This fills me with some hope that we may actually get some forwards!!!!

Our scrum is a huge concern," admitted Davies. "The set piece has been an Achilles heel for us. The one thing you have to hold onto and rely on is your set-piece and ideally you also want to take something away from the opposition.

"It is not something we have done consistently well in either case and it is a huge factor in us losing some of the big games this year.

"For me, my primary focus in terms of recruitment, is moving our game forward in that area."

We are, just need to be patient my friend. ClapBig smile

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
geordie scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 9:21am
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Lofty, this will have everyone wondering what you know now !!!!! LOL
Toontotown challenges have now raised £101,321 for charity www.toontotown.co.uk

You cant buy Scarlet culture........You have to breed Scarlet culture
Proud member of Herman Tours
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:05am
Well that's positive, only the second time Nigel has said anything about recruiting, with the other reference to bringing in a couple of second rows when quizzed about Carrizza. 

Recognition of the problem is one thing...solving it is another thing entirely!
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:11am
The French sides can from today announce who they've signed for next season.

Expect a load of signing news!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:40am
Originally posted by geordie scarlet geordie scarlet wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Lofty, this will have everyone wondering what you know now !!!!! LOL

I know nothing my Geordie friend.Big smile

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:51am
It's encouraging to hear we're focussing on front five forwards who can deliver a solid platform for us to play off.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 10:59am
If only we had the pack of 2001 ! Madden, Wyatt, Cooper Quinnell etc !
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 April 2012 at 11:20am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

It's encouraging to hear we're focussing on front five forwards who can deliver a solid platform for us to play off.

Wouldnt that be bloody great though,ClapClapClap just one bloody platform, instead of penalty tries, im sick of penalty tries and getting mashed up front...

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic