FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

come on drovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: come on drovers
    Posted: 05 May 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Ponty supporters would be bitter whatever. There attitudes were apauling after we won there last season and should we repeat that same feat this year i suspect they would be even more bitter. We have a lot of rugby to play before then mind. As for Ponty being a great team historically i beg to differ because they were only at the top of the ladder during during the Chief, Neil Jenkins Bezzani era previous to that they were not one of the powers of Welsh rugby.

Yep. I would love to see us stuff them in Sardis Road again. Those boos were music to my ears last year. Very chippy lot, Ponty supporters. I used to have a soft spot for them in the pre-regional days, but not anymore. For a club with a mediocre hisotry they've got a lot to say for themselves.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 12:13pm
i remember watching a cup game against them at sardis mid 70's,don't remember us cancelling fixtures though.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2012 at 9:09am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Ponty supporters would be bitter whatever. There attitudes were apauling after we won there last season and should we repeat that same feat this year i suspect they would be even more bitter. We have a lot of rugby to play before then mind. As for Ponty being a great team historically i beg to differ because they were only at the top of the ladder during during the Chief, Neil Jenkins Bezzani era previous to that they were not one of the powers of Welsh rugby.

Excellent post Llandre agree 100% .
Seconded. People have short memories about Ponty - many of us will have witnessed the mindless violence that existed whenever we played Ponty and led to us cancelling fixtures against them. If it wasn't for leagues, we would bother with them IMO.
it was pontypool we cancelled fixtures against,
Nope it was Pontypridd, definitely. The only reason that we started playing them again was the advent of leagues and we played them in the first game at home and they finished with 13.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Crug Mawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Crug Mawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:36pm

We weren't the only team to cancel fixtures against Pooler either.
'Some players act hard. Delme just was. His presence could lift any side.'

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 5:24pm

boys,we were hardly whiter than white,i forget which english club ceased fixtures with us for a nasty stamp on the face of one of their players(chris ralston?)

I know that it wasn't a Welsh player that did that, and it was also an accident though not reported as such at the time. I was at the game.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2012 at 11:31am

Seconded. People have short memories about Ponty - many of us will have witnessed the mindless violence that existed whenever we played Ponty and led to us cancelling fixtures against them. If it wasn't for leagues, we would bother with them IMO.
insidehalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote insidehalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:17pm
Richmond, then we met Swansea on the wednesday night dropped our pack, picked reserves and west wales players and beat the jacks.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 8:11pm
boys,we were hardly whiter than white,i forget which english club ceased fixtures with us for a nasty stamp on the face of one of their players(chris ralston?)
Ian Lewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 5:06pm

Animals on the pitch in the 80's, especially when they committed the cowardly act of laying out Russell Cornelius ( I think it was him)) with a punch from behind. Graceless loosers on the terrace for most games we've played up there.
It's not always about where you end up, it's about how you get there.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2012 at 9:07am

Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 3:58pm

ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I'm just commenting on the fact it's unfair. Same goes for PRO12.

Agreed, I think top should be champion. But Nearly every tournament in rugby have a playoffs now. ALso the top side get a home playoff which I think is invaluable.
Scarlets am Byth
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 2:37pm
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 12:16pm
I'm just commenting on the fact it's unfair. Same goes for PRO12.
missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 11:44am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

Pontys twitter page is ranting once more saying that "Playoffs are a stupid idea" blah blah blah.
They do get rewarded with a home final which imo is a big advantage. Also it's not like they didn't know about the system beforehand. Will the same playoff format happen next year with 12 teams?

It's true though. A team that finishes top of the league should win it. 
Ponty voted FOR playoffs, Llanelli voted AGAINST.
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2012 at 9:26am
Originally posted by ewbank2 ewbank2 wrote:

Pontys twitter page is ranting once more saying that "Playoffs are a stupid idea" blah blah blah.
They do get rewarded with a home final which imo is a big advantage. Also it's not like they didn't know about the system beforehand. Will the same playoff format happen next year with 12 teams?

It's true though. A team that finishes top of the league should win it. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic