Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llandovery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

come on drovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: come on drovers
    Posted: 21 April 2012 at 10:05pm

Need to beat Ponty to give Llanelli home advantage for playoff
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Sponsored Links

missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 10:35pm
Are the playoff's the same as last year?
3 v 4
2 v winner of 3 v 4
1 v winner of 2 v 3/4?
Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 10:41pm
Think it 1st v winner of 2nd v 3rd

Did we not have to beat Neath in 2nd v 3rd game last year before played Ponty
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by Beefs army Beefs army wrote:

Need to beat Ponty to give Llanelli home advantage for playoff

I'm afraid I can't see it.  Pete the Meat is now a Llanelli RFC player, apparently, and Adam Warren was playing for the Scarlets today, as was Emyr Philips.  You will get a home playoff against Aberavon, so you'll be OK.   We'll just have to try and find some new players for next season, but we've done OK considering.

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 11:08pm
Dan, I really don't get how Pete can play for both the Drovers and Llanelli in the same season?! Confused

Aren't there any rules about it??

With the Scarlets not playing next weekend, I'd expect Adam, Emyr and possibly 1 other player from the Scarlets back with the Drovers for the match against Ponty TBH.

Edited by haydn_davies - 21 April 2012 at 11:10pm
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 11:17pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Dan, I really don't get how Pete can play for both the Drovers and Llanelli in the same season?! Confused

With the Scarlets not playing next weekend, I'd expect Adam, Emyr and possibly 1 other player from the Scarlets back with the Drovers for the match against Ponty TBH.

Pete is presumably contracted to the Scarlets, so they can play him where they like, I guess.  It's a bit disappointing, TBH, because we thought there had been a change of policy since last season, and it's not as if you badly needed a front-line prop against Pooler.  So I'm assuming the worse, that the Meat is now a Llanelli RFC player - he certainly wouldn't be allowed to play for the Drovers on Tuesday, or Ponty would quite rightly complain.  He's been great for us, and I hope he does well for you. I doubt Nigel Davies will release anyone who's played today - he has to look after his players welfare, and I would imagine he cares as much about the premiership as Gatland does about the Rabo12.  Smile.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 11:19pm
And in any case, isn't it much better to beat Pontypridd, at Sardis Road, when they believe they should have won the league by finishing top?   Hell, even Nigel would surely be willing to release as many Scarlets as possible for THAT.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 11:20pm
Dan, Emyr only played 20 minutes tonight though, hardly a hard game!!

Adam, OK he played a full game - maybe a bit much asking him to play again in midweek!!

Damien?? Is he injured or what??

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 April 2012 at 11:32pm

Dan, Emyr only played 20 minutes tonight though, hardly a hard game!!

Adam, OK he played a full game - maybe a bit much asking him to play again in midweek!!

Damien?? Is he injured or what??

We can but hope.  Smile

I'm hoping Emyr and Adam aren't needed to ensure that Llanelli beat Aberavon in the 2-3 playoff.

Anyway, we've had a good season, so we shouldn't complain.  And if it requires the Drovers to beat Pontypridd at Sardis road because we don't think Llanelli would have as good a chance of doing so unless they were at home, then you wouldn't really deserve to be league champions, would you?  So look on the bright side, and go for glory.  Or it will be Valleys Rugby.  No pressure.
boom post View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boom post Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 2:36pm
To have 3 feeder clubs in the top six has been a tremendous achievement, shows that the system within the Scarlets region is working.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by missscarlet missscarlet wrote:

Are the playoff's the same as last year?
3 v 4

2 v winner of 3 v 4

1 v winner of 2 v 3/4?

there was only 3 in the play-offs last season (same this season)
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

Pete is presumably contracted to the Scarlets, so they can play him where they like, I guess.  It's a bit disappointing, TBH, because we thought there had been a change of policy since last season, and it's not as if you badly needed a front-line prop against Pooler.  So I'm assuming the worse, that the Meat is now a Llanelli RFC player - he certainly wouldn't be allowed to play for the Drovers on Tuesday, or Ponty would quite rightly complain.  He's been great for us, and I hope he does well for you. I doubt Nigel Davies will release anyone who's played today - he has to look after his players welfare, and I would imagine he cares as much about the premiership as Gatland does about the Rabo12.  Smile.

Llanelli only had 2 props for the pontypool game so they needed another prop.

why couldnt Pete play for the Drovers if he's already played for them this season ?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 7:37pm
Thanks Tondu.

So Pete should be back with the Drovers on Tuesday then.
seal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 8:21pm
Don't think Drovers will have either Pete, Adam or Emyr for the Wednesday match to be honest. Playing Devils advocate here but Llanelli get the first roll of the dice regarding Scarlets players. We have not had that many all season to be honest- Josh Turnbull used to turn out but went to Carm Quins boxing day on his return from injury. Pete used to be at the Drovers but now as Dan the Drover says is  with Llanelli. However it has been a great season for the Drovers using only 40 or so players all season including the 8-10 Scarlets players- Andy Fenby played once and Ruki Tipuna twice if my memory serves me right whilst he was playing out the end of his contract.Not bad for a club that is more often or not languishing at the wrong end of the table. It will be a huge ask to gain a bonus point win at Sardis road on Wednesday whilst denying them any points at all. Some injury problems to negotiate as well. The players and management should be very proud of all they have done this season. Doing the double over Cardiff, Aberavon, Swansea, Newport, Carm Quins,Bridgend is not to be sniffed at. If the season came down to one game it would be the loss away to Bedwas when we had been ahead virtually the whole game. Good luck for next season and well done.Clap
seal
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 9:35pm
Not use to seeing Neef down so low
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 April 2012 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

Llanelli only had 2 props for the pontypool game so they needed another prop.
why couldnt Pete play for the Drovers if he's already played for them this season ?

I guess Pontypridd might complain - but why does it make any difference whether he's played for the Drovers or not?   Although the WP is only a development league as far as the WRU and the regions are concerned, I think it should still be respected as a competition because for some teams and supporters it's the only rugby they follow.  I thought the latest policy was to allocate regional players to the feeder/farm clubs, but obviously it isn't, unless the Meat has now "permanently" transferred to Llanelli RFC as Rhodri did.  I guess we'll see, but I'm not expecting to be able to put out our strongest team of the season for the Ponty game.   So, no pressure on the Drovers as far as I'm concerned.  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic