Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llandovery
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

come on drovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 4:10pm
Ponty won league last year then llanelli beat them in playoffs

Ponty finished top of league again

So in theory correct
Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2012 at 4:29pm
Play offs. What a fair way to decide a league.Smile

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 12:19pm
Originally posted by Beefs army Beefs army wrote:

Ponty won league last year then llanelli beat them in playoffs

Ponty finished top of league again

So in theory correct
Don't agree league winners are decided by the playoff system we all knew in september the format to become champions
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 12:55pm
When's the semi?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 12:56pm
the ponty lot are already calling llanelli cheats for having players who have played for the scarlets in their ranks
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:01pm
I agree that the play offs arent the right way to deicde the champions but they have been intact since last season and everyone knew that the champions will be decided by the play offs.

If Ponty were to win the League through the play offs by finishing 3rd then they would be exactly the same as we were last season

I sense lightning striking twice this season
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

the ponty lot are already calling llanelli cheats for having players who have played for the scarlets in their ranks

We cant help it that our team is so talented that our players have to fill in for the region when they are short. There just jealous that they havent got a regional team
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Play offs. What a fair way to decide a league.Smile

NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Angry

Did you get excited in the years when Neath won the league by Christmas, then?  I think playoffs work well to smooth out the different demands on WP teams throughout the season, particularly this season, when regional sides were depleted of their internationals for even longer than usual.  They do tend to award the crown to the best team at the end of the season, rather than consistent results during the year, but you wouldn't want to see the league won by a side you had beaten home and away either.
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:23pm
Pontys twitter page is ranting once more saying that "Playoffs are a stupid idea" blah blah blah.
They do get rewarded with a home final which imo is a big advantage. Also it's not like they didn't know about the system beforehand. Will the same playoff format happen next year with 12 teams?
Scarlets am Byth
ewbank2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewbank2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

When's the semi?

Semi-Final Play-off

Sat 12th May Llanelli RFC V Aberavon RFC k.off 5pm Referee James Jones

Principality Premiership Final

Fri 18th May Pontypridd v Llanelli/Aberavon RFC k.off 7.35pm Referee Ian Davies

James jones ref ;-( . He's been quiet this season
Scarlets am Byth
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 8:46pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

In a way it would be fun if the valleys had a region, I wonder how their fans would deal with that then? Also I wonder what they thought of Cross Keys having Jason Tovey at 10 for the B&I final based on their logic. Fair play they are thick as mince.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 10:03pm
The play off final being in Ponty will also give Ponty a big crowd and a nice gate receipt
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 10:39pm
like how they dont mention having players who have played regional rugby or are academy players in their 23 that played newbridge
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 11:08pm
Hope we can beat Aberavon, I quite fancy another trip to the House of Pain. I'll have to ring me Mam up, how much is a taxi from Ponty to Merthyr?
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 11:11pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Hope we can beat Aberavon, I quite fancy another trip to the House of Pain. I'll have to ring me Mam up, how much is a taxi from Ponty to Merthyr?
horse drawn trapp you mean LOL
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2012 at 11:16pm
No. We have the latest in modern one track railway (that runs until at least 9pm). I'm sure there must be someone in Ponty with a clapped out Lada to drop us home. FFS last year we stayed in a hotel, they have a HOTEL!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic