Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New London Scarlets

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New London Scarlets
    Posted: 26 May 2012 at 1:19pm
Back in 2008 we tried to get it off the ground but to no avail. the idea is simple. Forum members post the part of London you live in and we all meet up for the games at least once in a pub local to you. its not a problem if you live slightly out of London we could meet up on a saturday/sunday game. for the more veteran members you will know why i have been absent from the forum. one condition though. would be better to watch the munster games in my local. it is a munster pub, the landlord is high up with Bedford rfc and sponsors and promotes youth rugby in the enfield area. Post your area and your local and leave the rest to me there is a difference from one person coming in asking if the rugby is on and a phone call saying for instance 10 Scarlets fans looking for a place to watch the match.
once more into the breach
Sponsored Links

Cochyn Corris View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cochyn Corris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2012 at 8:29pm
As I have posted on the other post, I live in SE London and don't really have a local that shows the rugby near me.  But I would travel to games on a saturday or sunday on the TV.
Cymru am Byth
North London Scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote North London Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 8:46am
Haha, 'New London Scarlets'... I like it. Sounds like a team put together to face a touring 'New Zealand All Blacks' side. What pub beer garden shall we make as our home ground, Highbury?

I'm in for next season. All this talk of where to watch the games is getting me anxious for it all to kick off again!!!!
Ry'n ni yma o hyd...
Highburyscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 10:59am
What part of North London you from. Often catch a few games inThe Worlds End in Finsbury Park. The landlady used to play internationals for England Womens team. She also i believe has the Full Back on Stroud Green road Crouch End. I'll admit that i am spoilt in Palmers Green out of the 4 pubs here 3 always show games especially Scarlets Games and the 4th one always shoes rugby if its not on sky.
Highburyscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Highburyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2012 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by North London Scarlet North London Scarlet wrote:

Haha, 'New London Scarlets'... I like it. Sounds like a team put together to face a touring 'New Zealand All Blacks' side. What pub beer garden shall we make as our home ground, Highbury?

I'm in for next season. All this talk of where to watch the games is getting me anxious for it all to kick off again!!!!
HQ has got to be somewhere where everyone can get to easily and more importantly get home easier. Also when we have the big HC games come along we can arrange travel to games a lot easier. And also a lot of forum members come up to London for weekends so they could join us. This is from the heart. Tried starting this up in 2008 its now 2012 so this coming season lets make it happen
Y Fferret View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Fferret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 3:09pm
A load of us usually head down to f3k in west kensington for the games - be they on Welsh/English/Scottish/Irish/French/other(?!) stations.
llanelli_boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote llanelli_boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2012 at 4:03pm
Hey im definitely up for that, im south london but happily travel wherever!, i have been down the f3k a few times, would be good to try other rugby pubs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic