Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welsh rugby 100m dash

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Welsh rugby 100m dash
    Posted: 01 June 2012 at 4:00pm
Just saw this video on YouTube of Aussie players having a 100-metre sprint.

But who'd win in the Welsh set-up? My money'd be on Halfpenny in the backs and Warburton in the forwards.

Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Sponsored Links

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 4:22pm
North would blitz the lot! Shocked
Scarlets!!!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 4:43pm
North and Shingler.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 5:13pm

North hands down.

dont think foxy and scott will be far.

Shingler also.

outside bet as a non international (atm!) would be Kristian Phillips.
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:19pm
Can't see North beating Halfpenny, but Shingler's a good shout in the pack. Mind you, Warburton is lightning. Have you ever seen him with ball in hand and open space to run into?
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:32pm
Doesn't North smash records on a fairly regular basis in the Wales camp? I know him and Foxy are lightning over 20/40/60 metres, I'd be very surprised if North wasn't the quickest.

By all accounts Rhodri is a bit of a monster in the gym too.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:39pm
North would beat Halfpenny over 100m no doubt.
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 7:57pm
According to the test results Shane did the 40m in 4.9 secs. Second only to Halfpenney.
But most alarmingly Bevington did it in 5.1 secs!!!!
Bev also beats North over 60!!!!
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 8:47pm
From an article in June last year regarding the speed of Welsh players, I'd imagine George has kept on track:

“It isn’t George officially right now, but it will be,” predicted WRU head of strength and conditioning Adam Beard.

“At the moment, it’s still Shane over 10 metres, then Leigh Halfpenny and Jamie Roberts is up there as well. He’s improved a lot.

“But George will smash all the records. I’ve seen him run 4.5 seconds for 40 metres unofficially a couple of weeks ago.

“That’s right up there with the fastest guys in world rugby.

“Unofficially he’s pretty much broken all of our records. I just haven’t tested him with the group yet. I do that in a couple of weeks and he’s the one I’d put my money on!

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2012 at 10:06pm
For the older members? What was the name of the English RL player that took on the best of the USA in an international 'Superstars' tournement in the late 70's in the 100m sprint? Was it Keith something?

Answer to my own question, the power of google, Keith Fielding, played both codes. RFU at Mosely, RFL at  Salford and for GB.

Edited by Turkish Fez - 01 June 2012 at 10:12pm
We all had Doctor's papers!
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 12:23am
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

According to the test results Shane did the 40m in 4.9 secs. Second only to Halfpenney.
Yes but North plays at the highest level..and apparently that 5.1 sec was from taibach rugby club when the fuzz turned upLOL
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 1:43am
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Doesn't North smash records on a fairly regular basis in the Wales camp? I know him and Foxy are lightning over 20/40/60 metres, I'd be very surprised if North wasn't the quickest.

Not a bad place kicker either, a man of many talents.
wetweatherwinger View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetweatherwinger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 6:58am
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

Yes but North plays at the highest level..and apparently that 5.1 sec was from taibach rugby club when the fuzz turned upLOL

North has played at a higher level than Halfpenney and Shane? 2 British Lions! Really? The use of the the word 'Highest' leads me to believe you are comparing more than 2 players otherwise you would have used the word 'higher'. But you knew that didnt you Smelly?!
Must. Articulate. Better. And. Think. Before. Tapping. On. Keyboard.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:04am
You've caught a whopper there smelly.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 8:05am
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Not a bad place kicker either, a man of many talents.

And out of hand.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2012 at 9:21am

You've caught a whopper there smelly.
If He was a fish he wouldnt last long in the river ...he bites like a starving lion.....so so funny
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic