Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scotland BEAT Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scotland BEAT Australia
    Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:19pm
9-6 in Australia
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:21pm
The biggest non event ever....i cant believe ive wasted 80 mins of my life watching that pile of crap
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:22pm
Outstanding second half defence, and oh what for a tighthead ehh?
respecto1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote respecto1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:28pm
Lets hope the weather is like that on Saturday!!!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

The biggest non event ever....i cant believe ive wasted 80 mins of my life watching that pile of crap

just like any other day at Parc y ScarletsBig smile
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Sir Duckling Tuft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sir Duckling Tuft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:46pm
got to be a boost for our chances. Is that the first time the jocks have won down under?
sir duckling tuft
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 12:59pm
Originally posted by respecto1991 respecto1991 wrote:

Lets hope the weather is like that on Saturday!!!

No, let's not. What an awfully boring game that was, the Scots might have come out on top but in those conditions they may as well have tossed a coin at the start and whoever called it won the match. 
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 2:04pm
It would have been even more boring with some of the refs we have had recently. The South African ref did his best to ignore minor Knock ons, forward passes, wayward lineout throws etc so that the game could have some semblance of continuity - well done.
If ever we have to play in those conditions I hope that we don't try to go through the phases like Australia did. Those conditions were made for an exhibition of kick and rush - the opposition were just bound to make mistakes in defending.  
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

It would have been even more boring with some of the refs we have had recently. The South African ref did his best to ignore minor Knock ons, forward passes, wayward lineout throws etc so that the game could have some semblance of continuity - well done.
If ever we have to play in those conditions I hope that we don't try to go through the phases like Australia did. Those conditions were made for an exhibition of kick and rush - the opposition were just bound to make mistakes in defending.  

Any point watching the re run of the game,???

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:07pm
I was thinking of watching the highlights but with that score there might not be any.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

I was thinking of watching the highlights but with that score there might not be any.

You must watch it. For the post match Scotland celebrations.
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 4:15pm
definately ...high light of the game...bloody haggis prodders
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 6:24pm
I recorded the game, so I will do myself a favour and not both watching it.
We all had Doctor's papers!
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 6:45pm
The game was a heap of dog poo. The mingin' conditions meant we didn't get to see the likes of Digby Ioane in full flight, or any of the Jocks' sizzling backs.
But the Jocks did what they do - flood the contact area with organised mayhem and scrummage well. We won't have similar conditions in Brisbane and the Aussies will shore-up their team, so I wouldn't read anything into the Scottish result.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 8:56pm
Thats 2 wins on the trot for Jocks over the Aussies, when was the last time Wales did that out of interest?
We all had Doctor's papers!
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 June 2012 at 9:10pm
Do you want it years , weeks days or hours mins and seconds...cmon you know you have to be more speficic
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic