Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

who to blame for today's loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cauliflowerear11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: who to blame for today's loss
    Posted: 16 June 2012 at 3:05pm
I am sorry but the only people that can be blamed for today's defeat is the Welsh players themselves.  Once again they completely blew it at the last moment.  How many times over the last few years have we seen the Welsh side take a lead only for 5 minutues later give away a stupid penalty that is easily kickable.  Today they had won the game, the siren had gone.  All they had to do was to push Australia into touch. Simple as that. No! one of our forwards had to go and collapse the ruck. End of story, end of game. Another loss.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You blew it once again.
Sponsored Links

scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 3:13pm
Webb and Hibbard but mainly Hibbard IMO !!
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 3:36pm
I don't think individuals are to blame; it was a collective meltdown at the end of the game.
But the loss of lineout ball time and time again was a contributory factor. We'd have got more points on the board in the first-half if the lineout was anywhere near functional. Knock-ons in key positions were also costly, especially one by Phillips that I recall.
But let's remember how far the team has come. Yes, we lost, but we're now up there with the Aussies in their own backyard and the team is still very young. To say the players should be ashamed is an embarrassment in itself.

Edited by Ow! - 16 June 2012 at 3:38pm
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Ow! Ow! wrote:

I don't think individuals are to blame; it was a collective meltdown at the end of the game.
But the loss of lineout ball time and time again was a contributory factor. We'd have got more points on the board in the first-half if the lineout was anywhere near functional. Knock-ons in key positions were also costly, especially one by Phillips that I recall.
But let's remember how far the team has come. Yes, we lost, but we're now up there with the Aussies in their own backyard and the team is still very young. To say the players should be ashamed is an embarrassment in itself.

Top post !!
jeremy windell View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by cauliflowerear11 cauliflowerear11 wrote:

I am sorry but the only people that can be blamed for today's defeat is the Welsh players themselves.  Once again they completely blew it at the last moment.  How many times over the last few years have we seen the Welsh side take a lead only for 5 minutues later give away a stupid penalty that is easily kickable.  Today they had won the game, the siren had gone.  All they had to do was to push Australia into touch. Simple as that. No! one of our forwards had to go and collapse the ruck. End of story, end of game. Another loss.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves. You blew it once again.

It's fans like you that kiwi journalist was probably thinking of when he called the welsh the village idiots of wprld rugby. Your comments are the biggest embarrasment.
Go ahead..........Take those banana's
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 4:47pm

summed it up there for me pal,not fair to blame any individuals for that loss.certain areas of the game again contributed to the loss of that game i.e line outs,kicking out of hand + unforced errors i.e mike phillips box kick that went out on the full which resulted in an australia try,to me that was the turning point of the game,killer blow.
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 4:51pm
as far as the outside half debate is concerned,we all know that there is no-one pushing rhys for that 10 spot at the moment,from all accounts he's carrying an injury and prob shouldn,t play,but the welsh managemant got no option.i've critised him myself,but do think he needs a bit slack,comments going around on social network sites are not on mun.

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by scarlet96 scarlet96 wrote:

please explain why you blame hibbard for our defeat ?,and rhys webb come to think of it?

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Scarlet Growler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Growler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:09pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

please explain why you blame hibbard for our defeat ?,and rhys webb come to think of it?

Personally I blame the Captain as he should have ensured the ball stayed with the forwards in the last 2 minutes, and Rhys Webb who actually passed it out to Priestland. I agree that the lineout was a complete shambles in the first half, and it only improved when Rees threw to the front of the line. I noticed that Rees nodded just before throwing the ball - so it is extremely likely that the Aussie coaches will have picked up on that too - thus being able to compete against our throw. The ref was poor - I take it Red cards are only for when Welsh players upend the opposition and don't place them safely on the ground, Aussies only get a yellow card for a worse offence.

I'm glad that i gave up watching Internationals a few years back - the standards of refereeing at that level are as poor as the Wales team decision making in the closing stages of tight games. We have learnt absolutely nothing since Gareth Cooper kicked the ball away to Australia in the final minute or so last time Wales were down under - that probably explains where the village idiots of world Rubgy comment came from!
Yma o Hyd

North Enclosure Choir member since the Stradey Days.
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Growler Scarlet Growler wrote:

Personally I blame the Captain as he should have ensured the ball stayed with the forwards in the last 2 minutes, and Rhys Webb who actually passed it out to Priestland. I agree that the lineout was a complete shambles in the first half, and it only improved when Rees threw to the front of the line. I noticed that Rees nodded just before throwing the ball - so it is extremely likely that the Aussie coaches will have picked up on that too - thus being able to compete against our throw. The ref was poor - I take it Red cards are only for when Welsh players upend the opposition and don't place them safely on the ground, Aussies only get a yellow card for a worse offence.

I'm glad that i gave up watching Internationals a few years back - the standards of refereeing at that level are as poor as the Wales team decision making in the closing stages of tight games. We have learnt absolutely nothing since Gareth Cooper kicked the ball away to Australia in the final minute or so last time Wales were down under - that probably explains where the village idiots of world Rubgy comment came from!

Too bad you missed the Grand Slam then, hoss.
Gentlemen, gentlemen, I'll never understand. A world of knowledge at your fingertips, and you play poker all night.

scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:20pm

Hibbard giving away the penalty meaning the kick to touch and he was part of the last penalty
Scarlet Growler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Growler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:36pm
Ow! - I was referring to our inability to close out games in the southern Hemishere in particular. We had won the grand slam back in 2005 aswell, and with a captain (Gareth Thomas) at the time who was one of the most experienced in World Rugby we still managed to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory. We did the same against Australia today - same old, same old. We cannot be considered a World power if we cannot get a win against Aus / NZ or SA in their backyard - hell even the Scots have managed that!
Yma o Hyd

North Enclosure Choir member since the Stradey Days.
Ow! View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ow! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:47pm

Ow! - I was referring to our inability to close out games in the southern Hemishere in particular. We had won the grand slam back in 2005 aswell, and with a captain (Gareth Thomas) at the time who was one of the most experienced in World Rugby we still managed to snatch a defeat from the jaws of victory. We did the same against Australia today - same old, same old. We cannot be considered a World power if we cannot get a win against Aus / NZ or SA in their backyard - hell even the Scots have managed that!

Red = agree.
Blue = in abysmal conditions where the game was a lottery.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:56pm

Red = agree.
Blue = in abysmal conditions where the game was a lottery.

Credit to the Scots, but the aussies were no where near full strength.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jeremy windell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 6:59pm
A win against one of the big 3 is round the corner if this group of young players keep on getting the experience of playing against the best.

Lets not forget that before the world cup, a summer tour to Aus, SA or NZ would have resulted in a humiliating, but yet expected drubbing. Lets not lose sight of how far we have come in a short time, we are competing against them on thier own turf.

I hate losing to them constantly, but i realy believe we are on the right track, and we will nail one, if not all of the nig 3 soon.

I think for a tiny little corner on the arse end of the septic isle, we more than punch above our weight, and a knock out punch will soon be delivered.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2012 at 7:15pm
so every time a team loses, we have to blame someone?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic