Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

WRU December fixture!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WRU December fixture!!
    Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:33pm
I can't believe that the WRU have arranged another AI fixture for the weekend before the third round of the HEC!!

Wales play Australia on the 1st of December, while the third round of the HEC take place the following weekend.

Piss take again!!
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

scarlet96 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:35pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

I can't believe that the WRU have arranged another AI fixture for the weekend before the third round of the HEC!!

Wales play Australia on the 1st of December, while the third round of the HEC take place the following weekend.

Piss take again!!

Shambles again !!
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:36pm
Well Haydn..according to most on here we dont stand a chance in our group anyway , so roll on cardiff before xmas thenBig smile
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:37pm

Piss take again!!

What do you mean another one?

It was agreed in 2009.

But yes it is ridiculous.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Piss take again!!

What do you mean another one?

It was agreed in 2009.

But yes it is ridiculous.

I mean it's rediculous that our Internationals will be playing an International game the weekend before a HEC game.

Why can't the WRU arrange for all 4 AI's to be played in November??

The second round of HEC fixtures are played on the weekend of 19/20/21 October. What's wrong with the WRU having the players from the Monday after these fixtures for two weeks before the first match which should be scheduled for the 3rd of November, followed by a match every weekend until the end of the month?? i.e. 3rd, 10th, 17th and 24th of November.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 9:49pm
Wales play Argentina, Samoa and NZ in the November irb window

Australia weren't available. So they want the extra £££ and have organised to play them in December (without Phillips, Hook, Bennett, Charteris etc)

It's ludicrous but nothing is going to change until that next participation agreement gets signed in 2014. I'm couting down the days.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 10:00pm
Participation means BOTH sides joining in. It's a misnoma to call it a participation agreement when it only benefits one side.
Keep the faith
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 June 2012 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Participation means BOTH sides joining in. It's a misnoma to call it a participation agreement when it only benefits one side.

True but an agreement is signed by all parties which it was.

It should never have been signed. RRW in my opinion didn't want to go to court so had little option.

Lets hope the next agreement is more thought out.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 June 2012 at 5:55pm
The 4 regions should say to the WRU, we won't release the players to you on any w/e before a HC game.
They don't, so as fans, if you want to complain write to the club, but please don't keep whingeing on SF.
It's boring reading it every year. Put up or shut up.

Now, I'm going back to my celebsBig smile
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 1:40pm

I don't know how Roger Lewis keeps a straight face when he talks of his commitment to the regional game.  

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

The 4 regions should say to the WRU, we won't release the players to you on any w/e before a HC game.
They don't, so as fans, if you want to complain write to the club, but please don't keep whingeing on SF.

But then the regions would be in breach of the signed agreement.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 June 2012 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

But then the regions would be in breach of the signed agreement.

So what!!
The WRU breach it every other day.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 11:34am

Or "We won't release players registered to play in the Heineken Cup", in other words, pick who you want from the remaining players, or the academy, if you want to offer them some valued experience! Thumbs Up

That is the way to deal with it! If the WRU want to schedule a fixture outside of the IRB window, then that is fine, but you won't be getting our Heineken Cup players for the money spinner! Clap
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2012 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

I don't know how Roger Lewis keeps a straight face when he talks of his commitment to the regional game.  

Simples, he's been having Botox treatment for the past few years from the extra income that the WRU have been earning from these money spinners! WinkThumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic