Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sources

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sources
    Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:30am
Bois, some of you, you know who you are, you need to be considering getting new "sauces" or doing something else in the off seasonConfused.

Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:37am
Pray tell...what have they said ...obviously you are in the know
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:40am
I know we haven't signed sme of thje players some have confirmed/inferred have signed
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:54am
The South African agent Jason Smith said on twitter last night that we haven't signed Pat Cilliers, at least.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 10:58am
I only trust Sal in such things.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 11:13am
All hail the Sal!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 11:20am

The agent did confirm to me though that we were signing a coupke of South African forwards.

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 11:29am

He is still hinting that theres some on the way scarletnut.

he may also just be keeping quiet in such matters. maybe after signing the region have asked the player and agent to keep quiet until the paperwork is all through. just a thought.
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 11:38am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

He is still hinting that theres some on the way scarletnut.

he may also just be keeping quiet in such matters. maybe after signing the region have asked the player and agent to keep quiet until the paperwork is all through. just a thought.
that sounds feasable
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 11:53am
I never took the vast majority of people seriously no matter who they are, some of the players they thought were signing were embarassing. There are only 3 or 4 people I'd trust here with more or less spot on info.
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 12:12pm
The concern now is were down to at least our third and fourth choice props.

1. Johnstone
2. Cilliers
3. Ano
4. Ano

All we can hope for now is that one of the 2 rumoured south africans (which I hope are props) is better than we have now and will be our first choice and the other can at least be adequate squad cover.

We seem to have far better options at lock now, these signings (should they come to fruition) will at least give us depth in the front row.

If we close these deals and possibly pick up another lock, despite the delay, it would have been fairly successful recruitment.

It is always very hard to sign a top end tight head, you first have to have the dosh, but as BBledd said the players have to be available in the first place. Aside of Nel with Edinburgh, who have we missed out on?

Lets get these signings done and dusted and get these boys over to Llanelli. The bonus of course is it seems Timani is set to elevate his standing.

We'll be ok guys, maybe better than ok. Jungle George should be good to go for Leinster, he and Timani will be a pretty powerful duo, the grunt in the boiler house we've all been craving for. If Deacs and Pete can have a good few games early doors until the Boka cavalry are ready, we'll be strong, with Tomas to come.

Lets get these props signed, and off we go.Big smile
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 12:36pm
Cilliers is not represented by Jason smith. 
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

1. Johnstone
2. Cilliers
3. Ano
4. Ano

All we can hope for now is that one of the 2 rumoured south africans (which I hope are props) is better than we have now and will be our first choice and the other can at least be adequate squad cover.

We seem to have far better options at lock now, these signings (should they come to fruition) will at least give us depth in the front row.

If we close these deals and possibly pick up another lock, despite the delay, it would have been fairly successful recruitment.

It is always very hard to sign a top end tight head, you first have to have the dosh, but as BBledd said the players have to be available in the first place. Aside of Nel with Edinburgh, who have we missed out on?

Lets get these signings done and dusted and get these boys over to Llanelli. The bonus of course is it seems Timani is set to elevate his standing.

We'll be ok guys, maybe better than ok. Jungle George should be good to go for Leinster, he and Timani will be a pretty powerful duo, the grunt in the boiler house we've all been craving for. If Deacs and Pete can have a good few games early doors until the Boka cavalry are ready, we'll be strong, with Tomas to come.

who are them 2 props mate?the ano brothers,never heard of them?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 12:46pm
That's what I thought dan. Only cilliers I can see him represent is a vlok cilliers whoever that is. I wouldn't argue over who people represent but I didn't think pat cilliers was with world artists.coukd be wrong though!
Anyways, he ain't going to send personal tweets to confirm signings to fans is he!!!
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

1. Johnstone
2. Cilliers
3. Ano
4. Ano

If I knew the answer to that KC I wouldnt have to buy a pint for the first 2 home games of the season. Big smile
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 August 2012 at 1:12pm

Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

1. Johnstone
2. Cilliers
3. Ano
4. Ano

If I knew the answer to that KC I wouldnt have to buy a pint for the first 2 home games of the season. Big smile
heh heh!!!
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic