Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Music Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

OneDirection - Wonderwall (oh dear)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OneDirection - Wonderwall (oh dear)
    Posted: 15 August 2012 at 3:59pm
i really do think in my opinion that the music law should change.

as it stands, once a song is releassed into the public domain, anybody can release it as long as they agree with the RECORD COMPANY (NOT ARTIST). i really do think that should change because x factor along with its many artists and many other 'artists' are having a great money just being bad karaoke acts. Sickening.

JLS eventhough its music i do not like, at least they have stated that they are now writing own material and re working on material they had pre x factor.

its something that really grinds my gears!
Sponsored Links

Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:24pm
I think the majority of artists would accept their songs being covered as long as they received their fair share of royalties.
I do agree with your sentiments, but then again hearing these bad working men's club acts destroy half tidy songs is quite amusing.....talking of which...Beady Eye?
The light at the end of the tunnel-is the light of an oncoming train
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:31pm
beady eye!! not a fan! at all! the guy is a poor mans version of ian brown. embarrasing really.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2012 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

as it stands, once a song is releassed into the public domain, anybody can release it as long as they agree with the RECORD COMPANY (NOT ARTIST). i really do think that should change because x factor along with its many artists and many other 'artists' are having a great money just being bad karaoke acts. Sickening.

JLS eventhough its music i do not like, at least they have stated that they are now writing own material and re working on material they had pre x factor.

One direction write some of their own material too. 

Most of it is bad karaoke but there have been some genuine succesful artists found. At the end of the day it's to get viewing figures and can provide some artists with a platform to go on to better things. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Most of it is bad karaoke but there have been some genuine succesful artists found. At the end of the day it's to get viewing figures and can provide some artists with a platform to go on to better things. 
Each of them co-wrote the song "Same Mistakes" (and one other writer)
Their song "Taken" was co-written by all of the band members. (plus two other writers)
"Everything About You" was written by all of the members. (Plus two other writers)

All ten other tracks were not written by any of the band members. That includes; "What Makes You Beautiful", "Gotta Be You", "One Thing", "More Than This", "Up All Night", "I Wish", "Tell Me A Lie", "I Want", "Save You Tonight", and "Stole My Heart."

one of those writers is one of my friends, and i can tell you that input from many artists are very little. they pay well to have their name as down as "co written".

so no, they "co wrote" 3 tracks, does not make it written by them.

Take That, the only recent boy band who writes own material, and Will Young went against Simon Cowell and wrote his own things.

JLS only band to come out from x factor to release a track that was written by only them. they were also writing together pre x factor and are now working on their first album that will be written by them.

as for x factor, i do believe that the "winner" of the show is already known to the judges and they use the show as a fantastic marketing ploy to build up a big fan base. when Shayne Ward won it, before the show started Louis Walsh said that he had "found the next Robbie Williams". on x factor, this guy named Shayne Ward won x factor! hmmmm... 

a chucked together band in Little Mix goes onto win x factor whilst all the way through the show "the show has never had a group winner" it was obvious they were the winners. that just does not work. a groups chemistry, personalities, etc etc, doesnt bond to a winning formula in 6 weeks or whatever it is. wool being planted over eyes. its a great idea by cowell, money and guaranteed fanbase of a new act. well played. they also get the bonus of they might find an artist too. these are usually the ones that end up more popular than the winner.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 4:04pm

Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Each of them co-wrote the song "Same Mistakes" (and one other writer)
Their song "Taken" was co-written by all of the band members. (plus two other writers)
"Everything About You" was written by all of the members. (Plus two other writers)

All ten other tracks were not written by any of the band members. That includes; "What Makes You Beautiful", "Gotta Be You", "One Thing", "More Than This", "Up All Night", "I Wish", "Tell Me A Lie", "I Want", "Save You Tonight", and "Stole My Heart."

one of those writers is one of my friends, and i can tell you that input from many artists are very little. they pay well to have their name as down as "co written".

so no, they "co wrote" 3 tracks, does not make it written by them.

Take That, the only recent boy band who writes own material, and Will Young went against Simon Cowell and wrote his own things.

JLS only band to come out from x factor to release a track that was written by only them. they were also writing together pre x factor and are now working on their first album that will be written by them.

as for x factor, i do believe that the "winner" of the show is already known to the judges and they use the show as a fantastic marketing ploy to build up a big fan base. when Shayne Ward won it, before the show started Louis Walsh said that he had "found the next Robbie Williams". on x factor, this guy named Shayne Ward won x factor! hmmmm... 

a chucked together band in Little Mix goes onto win x factor whilst all the way through the show "the show has never had a group winner" it was obvious they were the winners. that just does not work. a groups chemistry, personalities, etc etc, doesnt bond to a winning formula in 6 weeks or whatever it is. wool being planted over eyes. its a great idea by cowell, money and guaranteed fanbase of a new act. well played. they also get the bonus of they might find an artist too. these are usually the ones that end up more popular than the winner.

Disagree there. Most of the 'winners' have faded into obscurity. Ironically it's the ones that haven't won that are more succesful.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 4:55pm
Lana Del Boring has covered 'Heart Shaped Box' on tour recently, this article made me laugh: 
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 5:12pm
Disagree Sa14. The biggest winner was Leona Lewis and she is huge in the USA
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Disagree Sa14. The biggest winner was Leona Lewis and she is huge in the USA

Not all of them Sal but if you look at the winners from the X-factor, Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leon Jackson, Joe McElderry, Matt Cardle they are in the where are they now hall of fame.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2012 at 7:32pm
If you read my post again, I state that the people who arernt the winners go on to sometimes bigger things.
dimcyril View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dimcyril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 8:26am

wouldnt it be the music publisher as opposed to the record company? i dont know, im just asking
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 2:22pm

beady eye!! not a fan! at all! the guy is a poor mans version of ian brown. embarrasing really.
I thought oasis were a terrific band.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by dimcyril dimcyril wrote:

<PARC < P written. yet not have they song another is sensations teen for single new right. that?s Scarlets y>

wouldnt it be the music publisher as opposed to the record company? i dont know, im just asking

I would have thought but no the company.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic