Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

McDonalds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 11:34pm
It has nothing to do with food snobbery, it has everything to do with disliking cheap, unhealthy mass produced food.
Only eat out when it's either absolutely necessary or for a special event, not only will it be better for your pocket but it'll also be better for your health.
The light at the end of the tunnel-is the light of an oncoming train
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by SMELLYMIKE SMELLYMIKE wrote:

Originally posted by joss joss wrote:

will i see you tomorrow
Unfortunaltly no as i have  to look after Mrs lofty when hes in Gloster

Jeez im in Worcester mun and can you remember where the Scarlets play...

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Ciderman Ciderman wrote:

It has nothing to do with food snobbery, it has everything to do with disliking cheap, unhealthy mass produced food.

I agree totally.

(you could even swap the word food with something else. music for example)

mass marketed rubbish for a dumbed down society.

we're on a road to nowhere
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:52am
I very nearly did...I was going to mention Simon Cowell and all the X-Factor nonsense...but thought I'd be accused of being a music snob as well as being a food snob.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 6:32am
McD's has just taken over from Coca Cola as the world's most recognized brand name.

Pass judgement on their food if you like but I regret writing off their nutrition values etc mis-informed. There is global regulation on product content that applies to Macdonalds (and all the other American based multi national fast food franchises) brought about by the strong lobbying groups that have always been prominent (and powerful) in the US.

Their ethical employment model is solid, it bases itself on the living wage (not the minimum wage), never exploits the age or working hour law models, and so gives safe secure earnings to over 1.5 million people world-wide today.

The charges for carryier bags in the UK is not material specific...it can be paper, plastic, cardboard or even leather...must be charged under UK law.

Yep, you can project the eco saving from the obvious drop in need for these carriers based on the 5p levy, and easily off-set them against a huge range of counter arguements of gigantic carbon footporint abuse in many areans world wide...but to me the reality in the future is very clear...

Business' with ethical, eco and 'green' attributes will get the business first..its been this way in my sector for the last 3 years...UK manufacturung is broadly light years behind in this with its pre-occupation with the minimum wage blocking vision...here's one of my favourite partner child employing sweat shops...

http://brandix.com/news/brandix_green_factory_honoured_with_energy_globe_award.php

Edited by Wil Chips - 18 August 2012 at 6:37am
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 8:02am
Sadly most people are a little scared of saying what they like about the company...the very fact that they've taken over top spot from those other promoters of good health, Coca-Cola, speaks volumes.
Two finer companies you couldn't wish to do business with.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 8:12am
Well on route to Worcester there will either be a Mcd special breakfast or BurgerKing,,,,wont eat at the service scoff eatery, ,,,wife had food poisoning two weeks ago at one,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Ciderman Ciderman wrote:

Sadly most people are a little scared of saying what they like about the company...the very fact that they've taken over top spot from those other promoters of good health, Coca-Cola, speaks volumes.
Two finer companies you couldn't wish to do business with.

Your right everyone is obliged by law to buy coke and big macs.

Both are actually world class businesses too. Just like Bulmers.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 9:51am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

cheating robbing B'stards

5p for a PAPER bag, not a carrier bag, but a paper bag..

now I agree with the legislation regarding plastic bags, but I feel that those robbing fatherless people at McDonalds Trostre have jumped onto the bandwagon and used the legislation to increase profits..

I refused to pay the 5p so didn't get a bag, but they bagged up my fries anyway.....

go figure....

rant over...
Spot on
SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 10:01am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

cheating robbing B'stards

5p for a PAPER bag, not a carrier bag, but a paper bag..

now I agree with the legislation regarding plastic bags, but I feel that those robbing fatherless people at McDonalds Trostre have jumped onto the bandwagon and used the legislation to increase profits..

I refused to pay the 5p so didn't get a bag, but they bagged up my fries anyway.....

go figure....

rant over...
Spot on
The question here is not wether sal should be charged for the bag , but weather Mcd should be selling fast food to a fat boy like sal.....Surely some sort of professional constraint should be called into question when serving customers who should be having a salad rather than deep fried products 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 12:58pm
i never say yes to a bag in McDs. majority of the time, it comes in a bag anyway!!! so i think why ask if i want to be charged for it when i have it anyway!! daft!
Ciderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 1:43pm
Ok, Wil...I suppose Thatcher was a first class leader of the Tory party as well?

Mind you, ethics and business don't mix well do they?

You stick to your model.
I stick to mine.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 2:01pm
No idea what Thatcher has to with anything.

Ethics and business haven't historically mixed well you are right, nowadays its a pre requisite for attractign busines though?

And its not 'my model'...Coca Cola made a net profit of $8bn and Macdonalds $5bn last time out...they are successful businesses by any benchmark.

My point here is they both offer health aware products...its up to the consumers to decide what they buy.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 2:40pm
Agreed Wil. Plus the one in Trostre is great.
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

No idea what Thatcher has to with anything.

Ethics and business haven't historically mixed well you are right, nowadays its a pre requisite for attractign busines though?

And its not 'my model'...Coca Cola made a net profit of $8bn and Macdonalds $5bn last time out...they are successful businesses by any benchmark.

My point here is they both offer health aware products...its up to the consumers to decide what they buy.

McDonalds' "health aware" products are a sop to deflect from the fact that their business is flogging fantastically unhealthy food. No actually one buys it. It's the health equivalent of "greenwash".

I'm struggling to think of what a healthy Coca Cola product could be.
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2012 at 3:03pm
Coke zero.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic