Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-box or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 10:58am
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

depending on the game Kid A,

most games now look at your ping rate and get you games that have similar ones....

With a 1mb connection, that severely limits

a) what games will run smoothly
b) anybody doing anything else on the internet in the hosue at the same time.
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:00am
I agree, but they are playable just.. I've played on my ps3 from my mother's house which is just up the road from SA14 with the same connection and yes it is hard, but just about playable on a wired connection and that is the biggy, has to be wired.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:08am

I agree, but they are playable just.. I've played on my ps3 from my mother's house which is just up the road from SA14 with the same connection and yes it is hard, but just about playable on a wired connection and that is the biggy, has to be wired.

Homeplugs innit

I would say that a 1mb conenction wouldn't do the latest games justice. That's just my opinion.

Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:46am
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

I can access all my Sky channels through the Xbox.

That's pretty neat. Through the browser I guess? Or is it an app?
There are other apps too, like Facebook, Netflix etc, that work absolutely fine! The Sky channels are reliant on a good broadband connection, and are movie downloads, otherwise you'll spend all of your time buffering! LOL

I access my dad's sky via mine.

He's got the full movies and sports.

I dont on my sky.

Even at my age parents are still useful sometimes :)
Haha, awesome!!! ClapClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:48am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Do you need a really good broadband speed for online playing? I get about 1mb.
You'll be fine with that playing COD chap! Thumbs Up Mine isn't much better and I never get any gaming issues. I've even hosted a few xbox parties now, with around 6 of us all using the one internet connection, and even then it worked fine. The only problems I get are when the wife decides to watch youtube while I'm gaming!!! LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:48am
I do the same

my dad has sky sports I don't. I have movies he doesn't lol
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:50am

SA14, what you going to use it for is the ultimate question

if it's online gaming, then PS3 (don't have to pay a fee) and there's the addition of being able to watch blu-ray dvd's.
Um, while it is free to surf etc, if you want to play games online, you have to purchase the online expansion packs per game, which starts adding up if you play a few games online.
Scarlets!!!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:51am
but the expansion packs only give you access to more features.. you still don't have to pay to go online and play games unlike the xbox
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:52am

I'd say 1mb is nowhere near enough.

You need at least 3 or 4 these days to enjoy decent gaming experience.

Hard disk space? Doesn't really matter if you are going to be using it for mostly gaming - and buying the games physically, as opposed to downloading them.
Rubbish, see my previous post Thumbs Up 1 meg is more than enough, has been for me for years, and I'm on COD pretty much every night for a few games. You only start getting lag is other people are using the internet connection too.
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:55am

I've used wireless on a 1meg connection for years - dim problem! Star I haven't pressed the prestige button on MW3 4 times playing lag Wink
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 11:58am

but the expansion packs only give you access to more features.. you still don't have to pay to go online and play games unlike the xbox
Really, I didn't know that! Shocked 
Scarlets!!!
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 12:02pm

Hard disk space? Doesn't really matter if you are going to be using it for mostly gaming - and buying the games physically, as opposed to downloading them.

Rubbish, see my previous post Thumbs Up 1 meg is more than enough, has been for me for years, and I'm on COD pretty much every night for a few games. You only start getting lag is other people are using the internet connection too.

Depends on your area. Mine lagged on a 10MB connection when the Mrs was on the laptop.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 12:13pm

yeah you have to pay a subscription to get onto Microsoft's servers to be able to play online with your xbox
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 12:19pm

yeah you have to pay a subscription to get onto Microsoft's servers to be able to play online with your xbox
Yup, I've been buying GOLD for the last 5 years! Shocked 
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 12:22pm

Depends on your area. Mine lagged on a 10MB connection when the Mrs was on the laptop.

Yeah very true to be honest Thumbs Up You can by the way set-up most routers so that certain devices have priority over bandwidth, it is well worth doing if you have others using the same broadband connection at the same time for downloading content. Thumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2012 at 12:24pm
After having a team debrief about the XBox and PS3 the overall winner is the PS3 according to the Evans clan users.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic