Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

X-box or PS3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X-box or PS3
    Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:03am
Which to get?
Sponsored Links

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:06am
What do you want it for? Games only? Streaming? Online content? Movies? Music? Local video content?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:17am
I'm not going to recommend either as I don't own both and therefore am not entitled to an opinion.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:31am
I bought our (my Wink) PS3 last year - and haven't looked back since TBH.

Great picture quality in HD, can watch Blue-Ray discs on it, can surf the net, download free demos.

Very happy with my PS3, but I haven't owned an XBOX so I can't compare the two.

Also, you can view videos, pictures, music, etc. on the PS3 as you can link it up to your own home network, so if you have anything on a laptop or PC in the home, you can view/play it on the PS3.

Edited by haydn_davies - 12 September 2012 at 11:34am
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 11:33am

Never played XBOX 360 so can not comment on how good or bad it is, BUT the PS3 is also a Blu-Ray player so that is  MASSIVE advantage. Sony are masters in the Games Consoles world, and it is a pretty good BluRay player. Better value for money imo with the PS3.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

I'm not going to recommend either as I don't own both and therefore am not entitled to an opinion.

Good point actually. It's like the apple/android debate.

OK, so the question is aimed at those who have had both.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Which to get?

Both, brilliant pieces of kit,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Good point actually. It's like the apple/android debate.

OK, so the question is aimed at those who have had both.
I doubt there is much difference in game play, But as many say Xbox is just a console. Ps3 is much more. If you would like a Blu ray player, then it's ps3 hands down. If you like certain games, check what games are exclusive to either console and there will be games that's exclusive to Microsoft.

A few of my friends who had both (why I will
Never know) but they all got rid of the Xbox.

Edited by PE SA - 12 September 2012 at 3:02pm
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:02pm
Well that GTA talk is non-sense, 4 was available for Xbox and I can find nothing to say 5 won't be either.

**Edit*** Nice removal before I could post Wink

Edited by m1nd3d - 12 September 2012 at 3:03pm
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:05pm
Xbox only = Halo, Gears of War series'
PS3 only = God of War, Unchartered series'

Most big games come out for both though as developers don't want to limit their market to owners of only one console.

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:06pm
Gran Turismo v Forza
Hmmm.

I'm looking forward to Hitman Absolution in November.

Can the Xbox stream videos from Nas drives and get iPlayer etc?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:09pm
Dunno about Nas drives but I think we've now got iPlayer and I can access all my Sky channels through the Xbox.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:12pm

I can access all my Sky channels through the Xbox.

That's pretty neat. Through the browser I guess? Or is it an app?
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:15pm
Standalone app, pretty good too.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 3:17pm
If I had sky then, I'd be tempted to get an XBOX. Although it's all down to how you watch movies (I don't have Netflix, I stream from NAS Drive etc), if you have a media player or how you watch your sports and what games you want.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2012 at 4:09pm
I have had both for the last 3/4 years! StarStarStarStar

In a nutshell, if you are looking for a gaming console, the Xbox 360 is the daddy, if you are looking for a media centre, then the PS3 is the daddy! Smile

The online gaming experience on the Xbox 360 is second to none, it wins hands down compared to the online experience on the PS3 (although you do need a Gold account to play games online - but don't need one if you just want to be online to chat through the headsets or send messages/browsing online content).

Now, the PS3 has its very own Web browser (which is pretty shit to be honest - but it does have one), the unit being used as a media centre for streaming movies, videos, music, photos etc is great, and of course it is a Blu-Ray player that is 3D compatible. 

Hope this helps?
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic