Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Ospreys - The Big One!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 11:38pm
Originally posted by wetweatherwinger wetweatherwinger wrote:

Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

[QUOTE=Wasp] Can't imagine losing tbh. I think there is a good chance it could go like Connacht, soak up some pressure 1st half and then carve up 2nd half.

Think the same mate.

Thats the same way i feel, i will be walking to the parc on friday expecting nothing other than 4 points. Last time i felt like that was against Munster in both the Heineken Cup games last year and we all know how that finished

Its hard to see anything other than a big scarlets win and i hope it happens , i cant imagine us losing on friday

I used to love it when people would write off the team I played in, so easy to get motivated when all and sundry think you are going roll over and die. Some fans are getting carried away with the propaganda. Yes the Scarlets are HUGE favourites and you are quite rightly enjoying being in the box seat. I spoke to Sean Holley in Tonna RFC on Sunday, I asked how the Os would prepare for Friday, he just laughed and said Tandy would have a job calming them down. AWJ, Hibs, Tips, Bev and Yanto will love all this. We've hit the bottom and will just chuck everything at it!

They may love it and be up for it, but there's only one team that's been playing any kind of rugby so far this season and also only one team that is full of confidence and self-belief before the match.

It may be true about the form book going out of the window in local darbies - but confidence and self-belief is what will be the difference if nothing else, something that the Ospreys haven't got an ounce of at the moment.

And I can assure you - NONE OF THE SCARLETS ARE TAKING A WIN AS A GIVEN!!  WE KNOW IT WILL BE A HELL OF A FIGHT.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 11:44pm

[QUOTE=Wasp] Can't imagine losing tbh. I think there is a good chance it could go like Connacht, soak up some pressure 1st half and then carve up 2nd half.

Think the same mate.

Thats the same way i feel, i will be walking to the parc on friday expecting nothing other than 4 points. Last time i felt like that was against Munster in both the Heineken Cup games last year and we all know how that finished

Its hard to see anything other than a big scarlets win and i hope it happens , i cant imagine us losing on friday

I used to love it when people would write off the team I played in, so easy to get motivated when all and sundry think you are going roll over and die. Some fans are getting carried away with the propaganda. Yes the Scarlets are HUGE favourites and you are quite rightly enjoying being in the box seat. I spoke to Sean Holley in Tonna RFC on Sunday, I asked how the Os would prepare for Friday, he just laughed and said Tandy would have a job calming them down. AWJ, Hibs, Tips, Bev and Yanto will love all this. We've hit the bottom and will just chuck everything at it!
I'm sure you will, mate. It just won't be enough! 

Seriously though, nobody thinks it's men against boys. I think we'll have to work hard and display focus and determination. But if we do that we'll beat you.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 11:45pm

Think the same mate.

Not quite yet I hope!Wink

omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2012 at 11:57pm
Well if Holley thinks that the Ospreys coach will have a job calming them down it must be true. I dread to think how long Yanto and the others will last on the pitch if they're really psyched up.  Tandy's best bet would be to try to calm them down so that they stop playing like headless chickens who have just been let loose in Taibach Rugby Club.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 2:43am
A night out with Holley in tonna rugby club must have been a blast. If you take seriously what mr synergy says then u really are scrapping the barrel. The problem you have is out of the players u mentioned only two on current form would get a look in in our match day 23 the rest have been sheer dross this season.

Think the same mate.

Its hard to see anything other tThan a big scarlets win and i hope it happens , i cant imagine us losing on friday

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 4:34am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Think the same mate.

They may love it and be up for it, but there's only one team that's been playing any kind of rugby so far this season and also only one team that is full of confidence and self-belief before the match.

It may be true about the form book going out of the window in local darbies - but confidence and self-belief is what will be the difference if nothing else, something that the Ospreys haven't got an ounce of at the moment.

And I can assure you - NONE OF THE SCARLETS ARE TAKING A WIN AS A GIVEN!!  WE KNOW IT WILL BE A HELL OF A FIGHT.

After the Os have beaten the crap out of each other in their training fights, we just need to smash what's left!

Whoever asked if the Os have a backs coach this season was right - they don't look as if they've been introduced to each other!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 6:36am
Don't be fooled by a degree of over-exuberance on here...this is a supporters forum.

Only consider what the players mind-set is for this O's game.

I'm speculating that 'purposeful'sums it up.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 7:52am

Think the same mate.

yes, but have you seen what you have to chuck?

you once had a whole back line of ammo, and a pack full of weapons of mass destruction.

you come into this game with a creaking scrum(without adam). a shocking lineout(hibbard is way out of form).

and a back line that play like they are blindfolded.

oh and you havn`t hit the bottom yet. zebra must be targetting your lot having seen your form. 

you got us and munster yet. still a fair way further to fall.

Wink

Edited by Speedy - 18 September 2012 at 7:54am
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 8:24am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Don't be fooled by a degree of over-exuberance on here...this is a supporters forum.

Only consider what the players mind-set is for this O's game.

I'm speculating that 'purposeful'sums it up.

Purposeful sums it up Wil, but Kens words about the hammering at the Liability was his introduction over there, that gives a indication our mindset is purposeful, but a higher level. Timing is everything,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 8:51am
Not playing at the Liberty will help them (i.e. less booing and playing on a rugby pitch) and not being favourites generally helps them too, I don't think they've lacked effort and passion in the last few games its just their execution in everything that's let them down, they're capable of much, much better performances but Tandy's got a long list of things to work on in just a week, a very long list.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 8:55am
Today's Evening Post.

Quote ALUN Wyn Jones has urged the Ospreys to do the jersey proud when they take on a Scarlets side he describes as "title contenders" on Friday.

The Ospreys have begun their RaboDirect Pro12 title defence with three defeats from three so far, while the Scarlets' perfect start has seen them soar to the top of the table.

The reigning champions could be boosted by the return of Wales duo Adam Jones and Ryan Jones for the trip to Parc y Scarlets, and their captain Jones is expecting a tougher challenge than ever from the West Walians.

"They're a different proposition this season," he said.

"The way they're going, they're definitely contenders for the title.

"It's going to be tough going down there. We're playing the top-of- the-table side at the bottom of the table. From the outside, it's always going to be a big game for the fans and we have to represent that with the way we play this weekend.

"They're a scalp for us and we'll be a scalp for them — it will always be that way."

The Scarlets won 22-14 when the sides met at Parc y Scarlets last December, but the Ospreys' chances of gaining revenge could be enhanced if Adam and Ryan Jones regain their fitness in time. Neither player has featured this season because of knee injuries, but Ospreys forwards coach Jonathan Humphreys reckons they could be back for Friday's derby.

"There's a chance. It's more likely with Ryan than Adam," he said.

"There's a chance they could play but both of them will definitely be back in the next couple of weeks.

"Hopefully Jonathan Thomas will be available, but James King is going to be a little while off."

The Ospreys tend to be considered favourites for their derby clashes with the Scarlets, but this time it is the table-topping Llanelli region who are being heavily tipped to claim a second successive home win against the reigning Pro12 champions.

Steve Tandy's men have fallen well short of their expectations so far this season and, as captain, Jones insists there is no avoiding that harsh reality.

"We definitely haven't done the jersey proud so far this season," he added. "There's no hiding from that.

"I'm pretty passionate and I can be quite emotional at times. I'll make my thoughts felt.

"We weren't combative enough against Glasgow and there are a lot of guys who have worn this jersey thinking 'what's going on here at the moment'?

"We're only ten years old as a region but there have been a lot of quality players gone through this jersey and I'd imagine they're looking at us with raised eyebrows at the moment."

Meanwhile, the kick-off time for the Ospreys' trip to the Dragons on New Year's Eve has been moved from 7.05pm to 4.15pm.

Edited by Mike - 18 September 2012 at 8:56am
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:31am
Good stuff, they will be chomping at the bit to get at us, thing is we are as well. Should be awesome.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:38am
First few minutes will be a bit frantic. O's have to set some form of benchmark for themselves due to their abysmal start to the season.

Discipline is key for us in those first few exchanges.

Tandy's defining game as a senior coach.

Big challenge for Simon.

Can't wait.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 9:53am
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

This are playing for their personal pride on Friday and will fight for every inch and throw the kitchen sink at us. Don't expect their performance to replicate the shambles they've been so far this season, they will be much better and even without Adam and Ryan (maybe) they will field a pack that can mix it.

No-one should be expecting a cake-walk here. We need to be behind the players 100% and make home advantage count.
I agree Mike, while we've been playing extremely well and the O's haven't, come Friday the slate will be clean as far as the scoreboard is concerned.The O's will most definitely up the anti for the game, and we will too. It will be a belter, as it always is between us two regions! Clap

Considering we are 3 wins and 0 losses, I'd much rather keep that momentum going with another win, of any kind, compared to playing sublime and risky rugby. Lets get the points on the board first, concentrate on kicking those kicks to keep the scoreboard ticking over, and then the rest will take care of itself. Big smile
Scarlets!!!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 10:00am
I'll take a one-point win.
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2012 at 10:52am

Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Take it easy boys ... It ain't over til ....

No thanks mate i will take it fast and at breakneck speed, rollercoaster is rolling enjoy the ride and dont close them eyes.

Through Thick And Thin!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic