Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Leighton Hodges

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leighton Hodges
    Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:37pm
Anyone else heard the rumours doing the rounds on another forum about his facing a panel this week to discuss his performance in the derby match??

Apparently the WRU refereeing department weren't at all happy with his performance.

Edit: Sorry about the wrong topic title!!

Edited by haydn_davies - 23 September 2012 at 12:46pm
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:40pm
Was he the AR on the north touch line 1st half? If so then I can understand why.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:40pm
was he the bald linesman on the north enclosure side first half, he disssappeared after first half, in fairness didn't give the ref much in the way of support.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:45pm
he was the ref!
blueslaw View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueslaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

he was the ref!

Interesting to see the previous two posts though - he didn't appear to receive any help from either of the two on the lines. Some the infringements must have occurred within a few feet of them but I can't recall them bringing the ref's attention to anything.

Perhaps there were no infringements and we were all imagining it!
Blueslaw
BillyBigBalls View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyBigBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 12:58pm
I was in the South stand, near the Hanno-Sanjay incident and a few other calls the referee/linesman should of seen. I watched the linesman talking on his push-to-talk system and the referee did not do anything, it seemed to me.
ceribethlem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceribethlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Anyone else heard the rumours doing the rounds on another forum about his facing a panel this week to discuss his performance in the derby match??
That's standard procedure for a ref isn't it? In the same way as a team will analyse their performance with the coach/manager.
Dinefwr am Byth
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by blueslaw blueslaw wrote:

Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

he was the ref!

Interesting to see the previous two posts though - he didn't appear to receive any help from either of the two on the lines. Some the infringements must have occurred within a few feet of them but I can't recall them bringing the ref's attention to anything.

Perhaps there were no infringements and we were all imagining it!

If all a linesman does today is raise the flag where he thinks the ball has gone into touch and doesnt watch anything else, can i run the line the next game and get closer to the action.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 2:35pm
Surely it must be the same as in the Aviva where you quite clearly here the ref chatting and acknowledging what he been told live time by the lines man.
We all had Doctor's papers!
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:11pm
I will stand corrected if I am wrong but I think the refs dont seem to want help from the touch judges. Remember back the season before last when Stevo got clobbered off the ball against Cardiff the touch judge did not raise his flag. It was only the bin screaming to Owens that made him stop the game.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Nine -Three View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nine -Three Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:12pm
It was very clear from the outset that AWJ was out to influence this young inexperienced ref, and as Abbey as mention could clearly hear him but undue pressure on his decision making, not unusual these days for captains to do this, read the following from last weeks NFL, if you are allowed to do it as M.Jonston and P. O'Connel have proved it will pay big dividends.

In the first weekend of finals several incidents arose where the referees were confronted by a captain, which has prompted suggestions that their decision-making could have been affected.

In particular, Canterbury-Bankstown captain Michael Ennis and Cronulla skipper Paul Gallen are known for haranguing the referees. And both, according the panel on NRL on FOX, were in full flow over the weekend.

"It was a masterclass in how to get the most out of the referees," said NRL on Fox host Warren Smith, who had just shown several clips of special guest Ennis blowing up at the referee.

Gallen was then also shown giving the referee a hard time in the Sharks' loss to Canberra, after which they received a couple of important penalties that could have swung the game their way.

"If you make your point well enough, you can get results," Smith added.

Gorden Tallis felt that if you're able to influence the match with how you engage the referee then you should try and exploit it. 

YMA O HYD
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:38pm
The linesman did come in during the big bust up and, it was difficult to hear fully on the ref-link where you only get one side of the conversation, I'm sure the ref sent him packing saying something like he had it covered.

He also spoke to AWJ at one point saying it was the linesman who was catching the offences Jones was bitching about. He also checked that his assistant also saw Dirksen's "try" as forward after bringing them back for the scrum. His words were "you did see it as forward as we'll, didn't you?"

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 4:48pm
Ive heard that Hodges doesnt like the input from the linesman .....its all about the Leighton show...not many linesmen want to work with him
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 5:09pm
Smelly. You got that one wrong. On the tv he was stating you check the front of line out and I will the rear. Was asking for plenty of help from touch judges. Not his problem they did not help. In a game like that you need 3 refs. Last light we had one. I thought Leighton had a decent game all considered.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 5:11pm
I gate coming on here after we lose. It all the ref was crap, we did not get any decisions etc. we lost last night because our front row got hammered. That ment we had no platform to at off. End of.
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 September 2012 at 5:12pm
Also I hate predictive text. (Gate is hate)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic