Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > PHOTOGRAPHY > Random Photographs
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - After the frustration of last Saturday's loss.....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

After the frustration of last Saturday's loss.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: After the frustration of last Saturday's loss.....
    Posted: 23 October 2012 at 9:30pm
I took a walk along the coastal path to get over it.  Not a bad place is it.

Photo taken from the path between Penclacwydd and North Dock.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 23 October 2012 at 9:32pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:19pm
Lovely stuff Rob
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 10:21pm
Heaven on Earth Lofty. Cool
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2012 at 11:11pm
stunning pic that
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 4:37am
to think I used to play there Smile 
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 10:01am
I've set it as my desk top now.  When I need to de-stress at work, I just take a virtual walk around the lake. Smile
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 10:11am
That is fantastic
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 10:33am
Very nice
Through Thick And Thin!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:13am
did you use any filters for that Rob???
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:15am
Rob o'r Bont I know North Dock but where is that lake it looks lovely?
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:21am
No filters Salmi, but I use a software package called 'Aperture' , which works on the AppleMacs. This enables me to make loads of adjustments.  I didn't use any 'artificial' adjustments however - just made the dark bits lighter and the light bits darker, and enhanced the colour a bit.

EDIT - Just checked the photo on my computer, and I actually posted the original, as it was taken, without any adjustments.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 24 October 2012 at 11:40am
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:31am
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Rob o'r Bont I know North Dock but where is that lake it looks lovely?
Hi baz, the lake is behind the golf course at Machynys (which is a good 2 or 3 miles from North Dock I guess - it was a long walk. Smile You can get to it by following the coastal path either from the entrance to the Wildfowl and Wetlands trust at Penclacwydd, or by approaching from the housing estate at Machynys.  

The houses in the distance are the houses at Machynys, and the golf club is to the right of the picture, behind the trees. I walk along this path every chance I get; I just love the light down there - its special. Cool

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 24 October 2012 at 11:33am
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:45am
Thanks Rob must have a look at that.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 11:52am
If you want a real good walk (and have got 4 or 5 hours to spare) - start at the car park in Bynea (by the blue bridge), and walk to North Dock for a spot of lunch, then walk back.  Marvellous. 

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 24 October 2012 at 11:53am
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

If you want a real good walk (and have got 4 or 5 hours to spare) - start at the car park in Bynea (by the blue bridge), and walk to North Dock for a spot of lunch, then walk back.  Marvellous. 
and if your really in the mood keep going to Burry port harbour and have a crepe over looking the boats ahhhhhhh boy do I miss home when I do that walk with the tribe we truly are blessed with natural beauty
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2012 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Heaven on Earth Lofty. Cool

Indeed.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic