Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Outclassed by Argentina

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:13pm
More performances like this in the shop window of test rugby and we'll solve the problem of French raids.

Every cloud and all that.
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:17pm
I would love for this anti wales attitude to spread to the lions as we need all of our players to have a proper pre season and a rest for us next year
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:36pm
Argentina were the far better team.
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
cauliflowerear11 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cauliflowerear11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 7:58pm
I have seen some dismal displays over the years by Wales but todaY'S RANKS AMOUNG ONE OF THE WORST. Our pack had no grunt, our back row was non existant. What can I say about our backs. Once again they were one dimensional.  They ran sideways rather than forward.  Nobody tried to create anything. Im sorry but Howley is nowhere good enough to coach an international team. He brings nothing to our way of playing. I would go so far as saying he isn't good enough to train a club side.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:05pm
One thing that struck me when we had possession of the ball was that we constantly seemed to use the wrong option. When we should run straight we crab across, when we should ship the ball wide we run straight and get turned over, when we should run with the ball in hand we kick and concede possession,etc.

I was so fed up of this in the end that I was actually thinking have these players trained with each other during the past two weeks or not??

Also, how infuriating is it when the backs take the ball standing still?? Common sense says that you sould run onto the ball mun!!

Simple things. But why aren't they doing them??
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:31pm
Argentina were far more intelliegent with their back play, in fact i didnt see the game live and watched it this evening without knowing the score and enjoyed watching them play. Their Captain was a pillar and a leader. Warby is not the player he was, ive said it so many times and im always shouted down, but he aint anymore and tippy deserves the no 7 jersey.

kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by lofty evans lofty evans wrote:

Argentina were far more intelliegent with their back play, in fact i didnt see the game live and watched it this evening without knowing the score and enjoyed watching them play. Their Captain was a pillar and a leader. Warby is not the player he was, ive said it so many times and im always shouted down, but he aint anymore and tippy deserves the no 7 jersey.

that says it all really though,doesn't it.when would you ever say that argentina would be more intelligent in their back play than wales!!
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by kcreg kcreg wrote:

that says it all really though,doesn't it.when would you ever say that argentina would be more intelligent in their back play than wales!!

Agree i said earlier in the week our backs should just have enough edge to pull the win, Argentina were far better and their no 9 a sniping snake and they were running off the ball, decoy runners and tbh they were not intimidated by us at all. They deserved that win and i did mention their display against the All Blacks in NZ was truly inspiring and they had them for 60 odd mins. We were awful and Howley is a crap coach, but the WRU loves him, so it doesnt matter anyway.

scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:44pm
Well who ever is responsible for the backs coaching needs to go looking for a new job IMO.
I don't recall an insatnce where we had dummy/decoy runners, players hitting the line at pace from deep, it's as if we have gone back a few years and started to play that wonderefuly predictable side to side gameplan which if then as usual doesn't work lets kick it away.

Argentina withing 30 secs sorted our gameplan out which uuummmmm everyone new "Roberts smash it up the middle" from them on it was side to side stuff.

There was absolutely no invention in the back line we were aweful

Big well done to Argentina thoroughly deserved and one silver lining I thought Thomas V did well in his little stint.
Finally something that doesn't happen on here (not much anyway) well done Roman Poitre reffed it well today
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:46pm
The team were poor today but they've shown before that they can gel and win games.
The pitch on the other hand, has been an utter disgrace since the stadium was built.  It is not fit to play rugby on and made it really difficult for both sides..

On another note did anyone else think that the comentator, for whatever reason, had an anti-Priestland attitude and was critical of every option he took.  Jiffy as usual was a complete loudmouthed ignoramus.
Stevo was a gent as usual and was much more balanced than Guscott.
Keep the faith
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by scarletabroad scarletabroad wrote:

Well who ever is responsible for the backs coaching needs to go looking for a new job IMO.
I don't recall an insatnce where we had dummy/decoy runners, players hitting the line at pace from deep, it's as if we have gone back a few years and started to play that wonderefuly predictable side to side gameplan which if then as usual doesn't work lets kick it away.

Argentina withing 30 secs sorted our gameplan out which uuummmmm everyone new "Roberts smash it up the middle" from them on it was side to side stuff.

There was absolutely no invention in the back line we were aweful

Big well done to Argentina thoroughly deserved and one silver lining I thought Thomas V did well in his little stint.

Finally something that doesn't happen on here (not much anyway) well done Roman Poitre reffed it well today

Correct!!

Nowhere have I seen anyone blaming the ref for the loss today.

Wales lost that themselves - end of.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2012 at 11:52pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

The team were poor today but they've shown before that they can gel and win games.
The pitch on the other hand, has been an utter disgrace since the stadium was built.  It is not fit to play rugby on and made it really difficult for both sides..

On another note did anyone else think that the comentator, for whatever reason, had an anti-Priestland attitude and was critical of every option he took.  Jiffy as usual was a complete loudmouthed ignoramus.

If the pitch was half decent Argentina would have been knocking 40 points on us.

Jonesyboy1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonesyboy1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:03am

Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

If the pitch was half decent Argentina would have been knocking 40 points on us.

Frankly, much as I rate Stephen Jones as a person ('a gent') and a player who gave his all for Wales, he's still too close to the players to give an objective assessment of Wales' performance.  I always find Guscott very honest and also positive about Wales' performances - of course, Jiffy always makes him look good!  I tend to listen to non-welsh people for a robust, intelligent assessment of any welsh performance because we (including myself!) are too emotional and passionate about it.
Two sides referee!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 1:13am
Originally posted by Ow! Ow! wrote:

Why is this on the chat board? The only Welsh players who turned up this afternoon were Halfpenny and Faletau. Most of the others had a very bad day at the office. Oh and Jarvis did fine too, an admirable debut.

It was probably Leigh's worsr perfromance for Wales..very suspect under the high ball, offered little support to the line, got stood up for their first try, ran around for their second. Kicked well.

Toby had the ball a lot but can't recall him making any line breaks, the forwards were so flat footed and lazy by and large, and a few seemed dis-interested.

No one came out of that game with much credit. I don't agree with Jarvis much either, he held his own, but the scrum, when it really mattered, was easily split.

That was the worst Welsh performance for a couple of years.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 6:49am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Why is this on the chat board? The only Welsh players who turned up this afternoon were Halfpenny and Faletau. Most of the others had a very bad day at the office. Oh and Jarvis did fine too, an admirable debut.

It was probably Leigh's worsr perfromance for Wales..very suspect under the high ball, offered little support to the line, got stood up for their first try, ran around for their second. Kicked well.

Toby had the ball a lot but can't recall him making any line breaks, the forwards were so flat footed and lazy by and large, and a few seemed dis-interested.

No one came out of that game with much credit. I don't agree with Jarvis much either, he held his own, but the scrum, when it really mattered, was easily split.

That was the worst Welsh performance for a couple of years.

Being dis-interested is an interesting thought tbh, for me these Autumn Internationals are a bit duff. The only game that matters is beating the All Blacks and that's every year now and the importance and excitement for these games must be on the wane i would suggest.

Whenever the camera panned around it was like a crowd from a carnival and the booing at the end was a bit disgraceful tbh, do they expect the team to win the game or do they realise they have to earn the right to win the game. The atmosphere at the ground is not what i remember a Welsh International to be.
I blame the WRU for destroying looked forward to Welsh games into a Sunday mini league.

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2012 at 7:47am

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

That was the worst Welsh performance for a couple of years

Being dis-interested is an interesting thought tbh, for me these Autumn Internationals are a bit duff.
The only game that matters is beating the All Blacks and that's every year now and the importance and excitement for these games must be on the wane i would suggest.

Whenever the camera panned around it was like a crowd from a carnival and the booing at the end was a bit disgraceful tbh, do they expect the team to win the game or do they realise they have to earn the right to win the game. The atmosphere at the ground is not what i remember a Welsh International to be.
I blame the WRU for destroying looked forward to Welsh games into a Sunday mini league.

Strongly agree with the points in bold. As I wrote earlier, the AIs are just a cash cow for the WRU - for some time, many supporters (myself included) have lost interest in these games (I'll continue going to see NZ, just in case - though I'm not expecting that long awaited win this year!).

I would never boo a side I support, even if they play badly - but I can understand the crowd's frustration, as the Argies seemed to want the win so much more than our boys.

In passing, I'll just say that I thought Tavis did OK - nothing special, but tidy and no mistakes - though of course the Argie 9 had a blinder, so he suffered in comparison. Was unlucky to be the first substituted, IMO.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic