Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets and Ulster teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Listen bois, much of this sounds like you guys are setting things up just in case the rug is pulled from under you tonight. The truth, to any impartial supporter, is that there is quite some gap between the two teams at present, both in terms of results, performances in attaining those results and, sadly, in terms of personel also.
The die hard brigade on here are holding out for a win, and indeed some are even confident. I can't understand their logic, but admire their optimism and wish I had more of it perhaps. However, every fibre of my being, and any rugby knowledge I have, points me towards us doing well to stay within 10 in Ravenhill. And that is with my optimistic head on.

Like many tonight, my hopes are for a performance worthy of the shirt, as the last outing sits badly with me and has even stopped me posting on here. On the plus side, the wife speaks to me more
val and smelly must be on a second honeymoon then.LOL
Sponsored Links

Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 10:34am
Poor Val
#George
The Ulster Way View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ulster Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 10:50am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

as one of the more sensible ulster fans on here BR i wonder if i could ask you a favour?could you check all of the surrounding villages (or townships) of belfast and check if any are missing an idiot, if they are tell them we've found him,the ulster way is over on the scarlet way and we can send him back free of charge.Wink many thanks,mr A.n.allyretentive.[/QUOTE]
LOL LOL LOL
BRulster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRulster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:08am

To be fair to Mr Way, I don't think he came over here to deliberately WUM (not in the way others have done previously :( ).  Unfortunately Ulster has more than enough full-blown idiots on its streets to worry about those on Mr Way's end of the idiocy spectrum.  You wouldn't have room for a few of those guys would you?

I think he and I are of a similar opinion, that you guys need to snap out of the Boxing day/HEC melancholy and look at the positives of your season up to that point.  We obviously differ in how best to deliver that message, and I think we also differ in confidence about tonight's match.  Personally I will be very happy if Ulster even open a 10 point gap tonight, let alone maintain it to the end.

Weather is unseasonably warm, slight chance of showers, but dry so far, and the only serious wind is the reminants of the sprouts. 

www.stoutboys.co.uk
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:17am
Easy for you to say mate. We have 1 win in our last 5, and that against the dire Blues in possibly the worst game of rugby ever played. And now we have you and Leinster away, and then Clermont home. Joy!
#George
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:26am
Llanelly Boy View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Llanelly Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Nice.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:50am

is that the latest herman recruit?Big smile
geordie scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geordie scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:51am

Welcome aboard Nige !!
Toontotown challenges have now raised £101,321 for charity www.toontotown.co.uk

You cant buy Scarlet culture........You have to breed Scarlet culture
Proud member of Herman Tours
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:51am

Not grumpy enough
#George
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:53am

'Fraid not ... Didn't pass the "pessimism" test !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 11:54am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

'Fraid not ... Didn't pass the "pessimism" test !

We're looking for one more pessimist ....

Lofty's optimism still outweighs the rest of the groups pessimism ... It's upsetting the equilibrium !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by Once a monkey Once a monkey wrote:

Not grumpy enough
**** me i'm doing my best how grumpy do i have to be?Wink
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by BRulster BRulster wrote:

Originally posted by YoungMan YoungMan wrote:

I honestly think the game will be a lot closer than you chaps realise, should be a cracker.
I tend to agree YM - for all the doom and gloom on this site, I don't think there's that much between the two teams.  In fact there's 9 points, but when you consider how we didn't deserve to win in Treviso, and the narrow victories over Munster and Zebre.  Had Treviso converted their relatively simple last minute penalty against us and fluffed the much more missable on against Scarlets - the league table would look quite different.

I think people look at the headline of 'Played 12; Won 11' and fail to dig a little deeper.  I appreciate that Scarlets have had some narrow victories too, but of the two teams, I think Ulster have ridded their luck further in the 1st half of the season.  The spectre of boxing day seems to loom very much larger than life on this forum, and I can identify with that, but I don't expect the players and coaches will see it in quite the same way.  As Mr Way put it slightly more directly - you're in 2nd place FFS, but for the bounce of a ball or 2, you could be top of the league.  Cheer up and enjoy tonight's game!

Good post chap, have a thanks! Clap The bold bit is all down to the fact that we lost so heavily to our upmost rivals, for the second time this season. WinkBig smile

I hope tonight that the game will be a close one for sure, if not, I'm going out on the smash! LOL
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:11pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

When you read that post it almost sounds like you don't care and whilst I agree with every sentiment and fact that you have presented I know that inside you are desperate to be wrong. I continue to express no outward confidence, I run down our chances to everyone I speak to and I post on here my thoughts on the game BUT inside me there is this blydi fire that keeps burning up and I so want to be wrong!!

I apologise whole-heartedly for convincing you to come to the Liberty however I will be doing it again next season because supporters need to be there for the team and whilst we all suffered that night, at least we suffered together. We were let down that night, but our time will come and we all need to be there to see it.

We've just come through Christmas and New Years, you may need a course of Galvascon! WinkWinkThumbs Up
Scarlets!!!
The Ulster Way View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Ulster Way Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 January 2013 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by BRulster BRulster wrote:

To be fair to Mr Way, I don't think he came over here to deliberately WUM

Correct
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789>
  Share Topic