Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Playstation 4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Playstation 4
    Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:44am
Could be announced this week that PS4 is being launched soon.

Can't see myself upgrading if I'm honest.
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:51am
won't be ready till at least xmas time
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 10:57am
Depends how good it is. U had heard it was
Just going to be a plug in upgrade to the 3 a while ago
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 12:51pm
Won't be upgrading at the moment. Not for a while. Had my first PS3 which lasted about 7years, not long bought the 500gb one for a great price £170. So until thats burned out, ill stick with the PS3!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2013 at 1:13pm
merthyr.T.x.scarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote merthyr.T.x.scarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 1:47pm
I'm sticking with the ps3 too for a while got all my saved data and trophies and oh yeah i have no money for a new one LOL
http://www.youtube.com/user/walesxscarlets
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 February 2013 at 4:12pm
PS3 with a share button...........great, I think not! LOL Ok, so it is quicker, but no backward compatibility, and bye bye preowned games! Shocked

I have everything that I need in the PS3 (gaming machine, media centre and blu-ray player), for gaming, the Xbox.
No thanks Sony! Shocked
Scarlets!!!
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 June 2013 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

PS3 with a share button...........great, I think not! LOL Ok, so it is quicker, but no backward compatibility, and bye bye preowned games! Shocked

I have everything that I need in the PS3 (gaming machine, media centre and blu-ray player), for gaming, the Xbox.
No thanks Sony! Shocked

Sony have stated that they won't put ANY restrictions on pre-owned games like microsoft have

Also, the new xbox will require continuous internet access and will require the user to sync at least once in a 24 hour period to enable them to play games (not just online games but ANY game). so if you lose your internet connection then you are screwed.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2013 at 1:42pm
I really can't decide now, don't really want to go back to Sony but MS have made it too hard to continue supporting them:

Pre-owned games.
24hr account sync.
Kinect has to be always plugged in and on.
Almost £90 more expensive that PS4.

So it's either get a PS4 or sit it out for a year and see if MS come to their senses.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 11:14am
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2013 at 11:29am
spoke to a lad in game the other day,he told me that release anytime between sept and dec, around 370 for the package with the killzone and drive game.only downside for me is this stupid 40 a year subscription like xbox. that could put a few off the idea. i have the original release ps3 60gb with 4 usb and plays the ps1 and 2 games which he said are very in demand and could get a good price on the private market so may well do that.just wondering if ghosts will be available as a release game on the 4 though :(
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

HAHAHAHA LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 June 2013 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

I really can't decide now, don't really want to go back to Sony but MS have made it too hard to continue supporting them:

Pre-owned games.
24hr account sync.
Kinect has to be always plugged in and on.
Almost £90 more expensive that PS4.

So it's either get a PS4 or sit it out for a year and see if MS come to their senses.

I have to agree chap, I'm really struggling to give myself enough reasons to buy an Xbox One when the PS4 offering is appearing to be the cheaper and more gamer friendly option going forward (even taking the subscription charge into account).

Granted, you don't get a camera/Kinect like the One, but I'm not looking to play Kinect games on the One going forward anyway, or use the Kinect for Skyping the family..........I can already do that on my Tablet/Phone/Laptop/PC. It is redundant kit for me as far as I'm concerned, but yet I'm forced to have it.

The other annoying thing, the last thing I want is for the wife to come into the living room:

Wife: "Are you coming to bed"
Me: "No not yet, I'm watching TV on my expensive set top box"
Wife: "Xbox OFF!"
Me: "ARRGGHHHH, FFS Angry!!!!"

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Scarlets!!!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 10:27pm
Reports coming through that Microsoft are now going back on the 'always online' and 'used-game drm' policies.

On a day when a PS3 update has bricked a number of users playstations no less.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2013 at 10:37pm
Yep it's been confirmed.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 June 2013 at 12:08pm
Now being dubbed the Xbox 180 for the u-turn. 

Unless they come out and say "we will not enforce this within a firmware upgrade years down the line", then you can't really trust them. Once people buy the console, they're stuffed then if M$ change it all again.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic