Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets v Treviso match thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets v Treviso match thread..
    Posted: 03 May 2013 at 6:01am
As always it looks like I have peaked a little early by starting this thread...in fact the kick off isn't until tomorrow my time

Anyway, my justification is that we are breaking new ground tonight...a play off decider..

Simple equation..

We win, we qualify for the play offs and the journey continues...

We lose (and yes I know we can still qualify even if we lose) and the O's pip us, then they deserve it too...

The squad would seem to be well prepared, almost full strength (as close as we could expect it to be at this stage of the season), there's a new found spring in the step at the prospect of silverware, yep some Lions selections, and same Japan tour selections have helped, can't deny that, but this is about the Scarlets.

Good luck everyone.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 6:58am
We will all need Doctors papers tomorrow morning.

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:04am
Well, it's not forecasted to rain in the lead up to and also during the game.

The dry conditions will suit us.

If we can contain their rolling maul and keep Brendon Williams quiet on his undoubted strength of counter-attacking (kick and chase must be spot on) then we can pull away in the 2nd half.

On to the play-offs, bois bach.

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 10:04am
Cloudy weather but dry...perfect Scarlet conditions....some of the best games ive seen have had white clouds drifting across the pitch as if the Ghosts of the past have been watching and approving.

A win and then a play off. Who would have thought when mid season the heart monitor went flat and the blip blip was a ghastly silence. The players also know how important this and the next games are for Scarletdom and everything this proud and historic club stands for. While professionalism has taken "its only a game" ethos away and winning "at all costs" is the preferred option, i like to believe the Scarlets still play Rugby Union in the best and fair spirit of the game.

Who can forget Munster v Leicester in the HC final and the infamous scrum where Neil Backs hands were the rugby version of the hand of god... we dont do stuff like that we go out to play rugby and play it with skill and
panache.

Another important game and another must win but surely after a decade of hardly anything of note every single one of us must be starving and with that in mind, let us and the players feast tonight.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 11:33am
We are going to do the basics well tonight and thump them.

Forget about Ospreys - their game is a non-event.

Scarlets will do the business tonight and march into the playoffs.

Tight first half. Scarlet rugby vintage stuff in the half. Amen.
Mister Jolly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mister Jolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 12:42pm
Where will the thirsty bois (& girls) be congregating for pre-match shants? Last opportunity this season to do this, so it has to be done well!!

Halfway at 6.00pm?
Just because my second name's Jolly, it doesn't mean I have to be jolly all the ****ing time

Jolly Tours - A jolly time for all (just keep away from the fountains)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:43pm
My hastily prepared ready-reckoner for tonight's results and the resulting play-off fixtures - I think it's correct, but doesn't include Bonus Points or points differences:

1 Ulster 76 (+205)
2 Leinster 73 (+181)
3 Glasgow 72 (+200)
4 Scarlets 66 (+54)
5 Ospreys 62 (+147)
Ulster v Blues
Leinster v Ospreys
Connacht v Glasgow
Scarlets v Treviso
Result Play-offs
W Lein/Ulst/Glas/Scar Ulst v Scar   Lein v Glas
W Lein/Ulst/Glas Ulst v Scar   Lein v Glas
W Lein/Ulst/Scar Ulst v Scar   Lein v Glas
W Lein/Glas/Scar Lein v Scar   Glas v Ulst
W Lein/Glas Lein v Scar   Glas v Ulst
W Lein Lein v Scar   Ulst v Glas
W Ospr/Ulst/Glas/Scar Ulst v Scar   Glas v Lein
W Ospr/Ulst/Glas Ulst v Ospr   Glas v Lein
W Ospr/Ulst/Scar Ulst v Scar   Glas v Lein
W Ospr/Ulst Ulst v Ospr   Lein v Glas
W Ospr/Glas/Scar Glas v Scar   Ulst v Lein
W Ospr/Glas Glas v Ospr   Ulst v Lein
W Ospr/Scar Ulst v Scar   Lein v Glas
W Ospr Ulst v Ospr   Lein v Glas

All academic, I know, as Scarlets will win and (slightly understrength) Leinster will hold off Ospreys, can't really see Connacht beating Glasgow, and Blues aren't sending their Lions (except Cuthbert) to Belfast, so Ulster will win comfortably - which means status quo in the table. (I don't know why I bothered, tbh.)
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:48pm
win by 20 points plus and a BP.

j davies motm you read it here first
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

win by 20 points plus and a BP.

j davies motm you read it here first

I like it.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 1:55pm
Afternoon everyone its a Scarlet Day! Big smile

Its been a long time since we've had a semi final in a prestigious competition, most meaningful home game since Munster at Stradey. We've been knocking on the door for a couple of seasons now, its time to blydi smash through it.

Cone on boys!

Scaarlets....Scaarlets....
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 2:36pm
i would love it if we ended up playing Glasgow lol
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
caucaunibuca View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caucaunibuca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:30pm
link?
"Just grab the ball and fly, think you can fly" - Rupeni Caucaunibuca (advising Joe Rokocoko before his first game for the Auckland Blues)
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:38pm
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:43pm
<Post deleted as this has jinxed us.>

Edited by dr_martinov - 03 May 2013 at 8:01pm
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 7:49pm
Go Boys!!! big crowd tonight!!...i would like to be at Parc..
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2013 at 8:31pm
We are missing our captain tonight.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic