Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > ORDERED > Games Room
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Xbox Announcement today!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Xbox Announcement today!
    Posted: 21 May 2013 at 4:11pm
Today, live at 6pm!

ShockedBig smileStarClapShockedBig smileStarClap
Scarlets!!!
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2013 at 10:59pm
Looks good but I'll reserve judgement until owning one for a while. The upgrade to 360 was massive when first playing on a HDTV and the online capabilities that came with it too.

I dont think this generation will be as much of a graphical improvement so they'll have to find different ways to innovate. That illumiroom system looks good but may not suite all. 
JacMorgan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacMorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2013 at 6:26pm
Looks good but from what ive seen id that you can't play any 360 games on it
Proud member of the backrow club
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 9:48am
This made me laugh, apparently it's a summary of all the important points covered in the presentation:
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2013 at 10:40am
Impressive spec.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 2:13pm
PMSL!!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL Very good, and about sums it up to honest! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 8:54pm
xbox 1? after xbox 360/silly name.its a freeview box then yea? ghosts isnt just for eggbox though either is it? 
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2013 at 11:48pm
Video sums it up mun.. All I use my bot for is COD / Sky / Lovefilm with a bit of big screen tinternet.

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2013 at 12:10am
Look at this: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-24-microsoft-applies-for-patent-on-tv-achievements

What a ridiculous idea. This push on tv along with 'always on' gaming and inability to play second hand games without paying additional fees to do so might be the death of the xbox if the others dont follow suit.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

xbox 1? after xbox 360/silly name.its a freeview box then yea? ghosts isnt just for eggbox though either is it? 
That is just it, they will still be releasing COD Ghosts on other platforms and the 360, so it is a pretty rubbish selling point to be honest. In any case, COD Ghosts is due to be released on 5th Nov, and I believe the new One to be released after that date! Shocked
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 11:57am
Originally posted by m1nd3d m1nd3d wrote:

Look at this: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-24-microsoft-applies-for-patent-on-tv-achievements

What a ridiculous idea. This push on tv along with 'always on' gaming and inability to play second hand games without paying additional fees to do so might be the death of the xbox if the others dont follow suit.
Quite! Clap It is a shame to be honest, I have owned every Playstation and Xbox since their conception, yet are really struggling to find reasons why I'd want the Xbox One. In the form of gaming, which I have bought all of the others for (well, I mainly bought the PS3 as a cheap entry into Blu-ray when it first came out), there was nothing in the launch to wet the appetite, or give me reason to shout "WOW, I must have this!" ShockedShockedShocked

Yes, if I buy the One, games like COD and Forza etc may be slightly more realistic in the environments you play in and the characters you use, but they're pretty dam good already on the 360 and PS3, so I can probably understand why the gaming aspect of these new and next gen consoles may appear to have plateaued slightly with emphasis being directed more towards 'other features'.............for example, TV, TV, TV, TV, TV LOLLOLLOL

As it stands, I have no reason to plug my Sky HD box into a console so that I can watch the programmes that I can already watch on, well, on the Sky HD box LOL, and do I really need a next gen console to watch movies downloaded from Netflicks or quickly catch up on Facebook, or Skype, which I can currently do on my existing 360, tablet or phone..............nope! Shocked

Next will be the price, it won't be cheap I'm sure, nor will the PS4, so I think it is safe to say that I'll be running my 360 into the ground for some time to come yet. Insult to injury comes in the form that I won't be able to play any of my old 360 games library on the One, rendering a complete stack of games that I've collected over the years, and still play, useless! ShockedShockedShocked
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:05pm
This guy makes me laugh! LOL

Edited by Mrfwon - 28 May 2013 at 12:06pm
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2013 at 12:14pm
Scarlets!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic