Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

James Davies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: James Davies
    Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:51am
Evening post reporting that Scarlets are set to offer Foxy's brother a contract.
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 6:55am

Excellent news for him, might be a similar deal to the likes of Lee and Pugh perhaps ( i.e released for 7's duty etc), but none the less a good addition and a player who has many admirers ....a combative 7 in my book...

PS-No way is he 27 and Foxy's older brother ... he's 24 or so maybe (and younger - hence the Foxy-Cubs...get it?).

Link

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/story-19120873-detail/story.html#axzz2UZ2GBGPd

Edited by Wil Chips - 29 May 2013 at 6:58am
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:03am
Quins website has his DOB as 16/04/86, have to say I thought he was Foxy's younger brother!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:04am
 Well deserved I feel .
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 7:27am
His DOB is 25th October 1990 according to WRU website.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 8:23am
That's the replacement for Pugh and Edwards sorted then. Prompted by Barclay's shoulder op. or was this always on the cards?

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:25am
He's been a solid 7's player, and will be an excellent addition to the squad if this is true! ClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
DDF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 9:49am
James Davies for Richie Pugh = Upgrade
Darran Harris for Craig Hawkins = Upgrade
John Barclay for Jon Edwards = Upgrade

so far we've strengthened the squad for next season. think with another 3 additions we'll have a better squad going into next season.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:03am
This reminds me of Neil and Ian Boobs when Neil was a creative excellent back and Ian was a an excellent no 7 , those were good times at the Scarlets....maybe the brothers along with the Shinglers will bring the good times back to the hallowed jersey.

Welcome on board Sir. Brilliant news.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:03am
Originally posted by Dilyn Dy Fflam Dilyn Dy Fflam wrote:

James Davies for Richie Pugh = Upgrade
Darran Harris for Craig Hawkins = Upgrade
John Barclay for Jon Edwards = Upgrade

so far we've strengthened the squad for next season. think with another 3 additions we'll have a better squad going into next season.

That's a bit of selective thinking..... Still no mentions of replacements for George and Fenby. It's still an 8 and wings we need- James and Darren may make such a breakthrough that they are shoe ins for the 2017 Lions but as of now, they are minor additions- its the major gaps that need filling. Without a proper 8 neither Barclay nor JD are going to find it easy at 7.  
DDF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DDF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:25am
personally think we'll sign an out and out 8, something we haven't had this season. wingers of the same calibre will be harder to replace, but we will bring in one or two wingers.

we have a few irons in the fire at the moment apparently. guess it all depends where we are going to use our NWQ slot.

still think we'll have a better balanced squad next season.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 10:30am
Originally posted by Dilyn Dy Fflam Dilyn Dy Fflam wrote:

personally think we'll sign an out and out 8, something we haven't had this season. wingers of the same calibre will be harder to replace, but we will bring in one or two wingers.

we have a few irons in the fire at the moment apparently. guess it all depends where we are going to use our NWQ slot.

still think we'll have a better balanced squad next season.

Agree the balance will be there, maybe some raw wingers but an established no 8 must surely be on the cards, even if its Dilwyn Evans from Upper Killay fifth division West.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 11:41am
I have to say I've been extremely impressed by James Davies every time I've watched the 7s, he always stands out!
Glad to hear we're finally being pro active in signing talent from the region that deserve an oppurtunity.
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 12:38pm
Who were those forum members who said that James Davies would never be signed by  the Scarlets as Gyppo had some inexplicable grudge against him?

A croeso nol Wil. Dechreues i feddwl  bod ti wedi rhoi'r gore i'r fforwm ar ol anobeithio gyda rhai o'r cyfranwyr dwl sydd hefyd yn uchel iawn eu cloch. Mae safon y sgwrs wedi dechrau codi ar unwaith.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 12:49pm
I was one and I had good reason to suggest that James wouldn't get a contract. Never mentioned a grudge though.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2013 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

Who were those forum members who said that James Davies would never be signed by  the Scarlets as Gyppo had some inexplicable grudge against him?

A croeso nol Wil. Dechreues i feddwl  bod ti wedi rhoi'r gore i'r fforwm ar ol anobeithio gyda rhai o'r cyfranwyr dwl sydd hefyd yn uchel iawn eu cloch. Mae safon y sgwrs wedi dechrau codi ar unwaith.

I definately said that he had been over-looked by the normal development pyramid Omri...don't recall saying he would 'never be signed' tbh...then again i can't remember what I had for brecwast either...

Cubs is one of those players that was capped at age grade by Wales but was never in the academy (bit like Nick Reynolds)...he slipped off the radar a couple of years ago, went to play college rugby in England I think...then he came back to Quins, now been capped by Wales at 7's level, and has his first pro shot....good stuff.

He's my type of 7 which is why I'm a bit OTT, similar to Dan T...not a physically huge guy, but immensely strong, quick, athletic, and has that knack that any decent 7 has of having his hand on the ball, whether his team are in posession or not.

If the contract is confirmed, as seems likely, it also sends a good message out to the semi pro teams in the region...it may be that you are not the absolute first choice in a pro set up, but you can certainly be good enough to be part of the group.

Also, the other players know when a player is good enough to make the grade, ask about for their view on Cubs...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic