Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

closed door meeting last tuesday??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: closed door meeting last tuesday??
    Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:27pm
i was talking to a former player last night, and he was under the impression that there was a closed door meeting between the coaching staff and the management last tuesday night. he had heard that it was quite serious. anyone heard anything similar????
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

i was talking to a former player last night, and he was under the impression that there was a closed door meeting between the coaching staff and the management last tuesday night. he had heard that it was quite serious. anyone heard anything similar????

Not sure what's meant by closed door, but it's not exactly startling info.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 10:55pm
maybe not, but when all the coaches are summoned to a meeting with the heirachy where no-one else is invited, does get the old brainbox thinking whats so important????
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 11:33pm
I go to a lot of meetings where the door happens to be closed.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
scarlet_rob View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlet_rob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 11:46pm
I heard there was a meeting last week where quite a cold draught was blowing in.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 June 2013 at 11:50pm
I heard they lost the doorstop.
omri jones View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omri jones Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 12:08am
I would hope that all our meetings are serious otherwise the posts would have a go at us for not taking things seriously and describing our meeting as a shambles. Were all our coaches in the country on tuesday. Danny Wilson and Mark Jones may well have been with their Wales' squads.
PTScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PTScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 5:35am
Maybe an Arab investor with £££££££££££
One eyed turk, nothing more nothing less.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:01am
all coaches were called away from international duty by all accounts. the meeting took place in the evening so it didnt collide with training squads.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 8:31am

all coaches were called away from international duty by all accounts. the meeting took place in the evening so it didnt collide with training squads.

Yes, it could have been a serious meeting, but it could have been anything. We have more money, we have less money, well done for your hard work, this year wasn't good enough etc, etc,.

Or it could have been a routine meeting that they just haven't had time for for various reasons.

A good conspiracy tale needs more of a hook, more smoke Mogwen!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 10:18am
Would have thought all management meeting would be held to avoid training times
Tumblescarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:00am
Here we go, a true feast for all the doommongers on here, sorry (real fans ) , it will probably be in the western mail by tuesday too I' d have thought
Wales only true rugby region.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Here we go, a true feast for all the doommongers on here, sorry (real fans ) , it will probably be in the western mail by tuesday too I' d have thought

i was hoping for some good news, like, umm, finalizing a deal for a top player. not doom doom doom, but hope hope hope. not all on this forum think the worse!!!!
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 11:16am
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Would have thought all management meeting would be held to avoid training times

i was talking about the international commitments of some of our coaches.
Tumblescarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 12:44pm

Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

i was hoping for some good news, like, umm, finalizing a deal for a top player. not doom doom doom, but hope hope hope. not all on this forum think the worse!!!!

In the last year or so it's only doom and gloom on this forum, it's becoming quite a sad joke to call it a fans forum!.
Wales only true rugby region.
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 June 2013 at 12:57pm

[QUOTE=gnasher1975] Would have thought all management meeting would be held to avoid training ti /QUOTE]

i was talking about the international commitments of some of our coaches.

Same would apply, if your employed by the wru at that time then you would attend scarlets meetings in your own time.

Could be any number of things, signings, budgets etc

Edited by gnasher1975 - 02 June 2013 at 12:58pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic