Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Carmarthen Quins
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Carmarthen Quins squad 2013/14

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:12pm
Either Rob Evans (our British Lion Loosehead ) or Rhodri needs to take over Phil John's place this year because he isn't Rabo standard against the top teams and we can't expect him to have another season with as much work as he put in last year.
Sponsored Links

Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

That's quite a strong squad for Prem level. They could be up there pushing for the playoffs.

I'm a bit surprised the Quins have been allocated both Rob Evans and Gareth Thomas. They're both young loose heads and Quins already have Ian Jones in that position who is a solid Premiership player.

I would've preferred one of the young props to be put with the RFC or Llandovery.
I would prefer Rob Evans with the Scarlets. It's time he was given his head at regional level.

He looks a good prospect but didn't play much rugby last season. He should prove himself in the Premiership first.

Danny Wilson seems a good judge of when a forward is ready to step up, so when his game is up there with Rhodri and Phil I'm sure he'll get an opportunity.
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 June 2013 at 10:48pm
Rob Evans should take a Richard Kelly type role this season. I'm impressed by the 20's th Gareth Thomas. We are developing up front nicely let's hope we can hang on to these players.
Y Brawd Houdini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y Brawd Houdini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 July 2013 at 4:29pm
Iolo Evans was at RGC last season, where he player more at 13 - his best position as he hasn't quite got the pace for a winger IMO. He was also involved with Wales 7s and played at the Twickenham leg of the series. Played 7s as an invitational player for London Welsh. Has the potential to be a good player
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic