Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lewy R.I.P

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 7:42pm
Very sad news. Does anyone remember Clive Norling turning to him in a game and saying, 'What do you think Lewi?'. I'll miss him.
Sponsored Links

shanghai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanghai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 7:55pm
RIP LEWI YOU WILL BE MISSED
treviso 2010 best trip so far.glasgow not far behind.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 8:00pm
Fantastic character and a significant part of my rugby upbringing. Even gave my osprey supporting wife a slobbery kiss in the furnace club! People like this seem truly irreplaceable. He represented what all scarlet fans should aspire to be. RIP Lewy.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 8:02pm
RIP Lewy.

Great character, you will be sorely missed by all who know you.

Condolences to the family.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 8:02pm
Always saw him around town especially in Felinfoel, great character! Llanelli legend.
And We Were Singing...
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:04pm
whilst on the prince's trust, I had the pleasure of working in Heol Goffa for a week. to say he ruled the place was an understatement.

remember when you asked him for the score, he'd get his pad out and shout it out proudly

a great character, sadly missed RIP Lewi
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by SVD SVD wrote:

Very sad news. Does anyone remember Clive Norling turning to him in a game and saying, 'What do you think Lewi?'. I'll miss him.

i remember that
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 9:24pm
Sad news, a great character lost
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:21pm
Sad sad news of a character i loved, lovely guy who happened to love the same club,,loads of fond memories of the man and im gutted we have lost another character.

RIP Sir and deepest condolances to all his family and friends.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
swm View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 August 2013 at 10:32pm
very sad news condolences to his family and friends R.I.P LEWY
steve and ang
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 12:04am
Trist iawn. Happy memories, thanks Lewy.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 8:15am
Real sad news. The photo album uploaded by the Warriors is pretty moving: 

Edited by PearlJam - 09 August 2013 at 8:15am
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 10:08am
It was amazing how many clubs you would see him at running the line . RIP
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 11:04am
RIP Lewy!!!! CryCryCryCry
Sad sad news indeed! Cry Like many, my first memories of Lewi were down Stradey seeing Lewy running up and down the touchline, shouting at opposition players, and showing them a red car (his season ticket). Such a character and a gentle person too, will be sadly missed! CryCryCry
Scarlets!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 11:11am
Well like everyone, Im devastated to hear this sad news

Where do you even start with the force of nature, lewis jones? He was everywhere....I was reversing out of the Calsonic in the past few months late at night and I heard a weird shrill whistle in the darkness, but saw no one....again the whistle...so I stopped to turn and there he appears out of the darkness blowing his referees whistle

He would pop into every foel pub on his travels....half hour with james at the..greyhound...then royal oak..harry Watkins..dimpath...white lion..foel club ...Calsonic...he even made the tafarn y felin and back then down to the furnace and beyond....he was everywhere, Ive even spotted him marching through the lanes in the early hours, somewhere outside mynyddygarreg

He lit up all our lives, he was just always round, heckling the locals and proudly donning his foel rfc tie, in the pubs, the cricket club, the tennis club, parc howard, peoples parc, stradey , foel, eden park Auckland and beyond....the man was everywhere

many a time he would rant at me up the stradey scoreboard and when you got told off you stayed told off..Im sure hed have done that job better than anyone..I recall being sat next to lewi, with emyr lewis and gareth Jenkins and co in the grandstand one time and lewi giving endless stick to the referee....he just had everyone in stitches

I recall a few other tales , one chap told me hed sat next to lewi on his first flight, to Edinburgh....it was a turbulent ride and lewi was a nervous wreck....when the plane landed he got off , marched to the front of the plane and waved a red card at the pilot....
I know a few of the carers he had over the years too at heol goffa and with Llanelli warriors....I was told he was an avid horder of rugby newspaper articles....He was in enough of them himself!

Even in this very sad time , you cant help but smile...
He was Llanelli's biggest character...everyone knew him, everyone loved him...and if you look at that fantastic photo album, notice how everyone around him is smiling, even graham henry

How many people can you say all those great things about?

Physically small, but a giant in every other way, I hope they build him a statue I would happily donate.

I'd love to hear more and more tales of this local hero....Today felinfoel rfc, scarlets , Llanelli warriors, welsh rugby and all Llanelli turks salute you.. RIP Lewi bach, you're the best!
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2013 at 11:17am
the picture of him in the evening post today brought a tear to my eye,smiling and waving in front of a crowded stradey stand,2 things gone forever,
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic