Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli v Carmarthen Quins on Sunday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli v Carmarthen Quins on Sunday
    Posted: 28 August 2013 at 10:45am
MATCH PREVIEW

QUINS IN B&I QUALIFIER

So it’s that time of year again everyone. It’s the start of Season 13/14 and what a start it promises to be. A British & Irish Cup qualifier against fellow regionalists Carmarthen Quins.

The competition has changed this year, with just the four sides, one from each Welsh region able to challenge for the trophy. So the winner of Sunday’s game earn to right to travel to Church Bank Llandovery next week-end in the final play-off game. At this time whoever comes thro these play-off’s will find themselves in a group of four teams alongside Bedford, Connacht & Rotherham Tigers. So, some big games coming up across the region over the next couple of weeks.

Over the year’s we’ve had some very close games with the Quins and even though Llanelli have home advantage it’s likely to be the same again this time around. As it’s the first competitive fixture of the season we’re entering a little bit of unknown territory, both sides will have some new and familiar faces on show and this first up game could really come down to who settles the quicker. Whilst it is a cup game, the playing conditions should be perfect for the players to show what can do and we could be in for a cracking running game with hopefully lot’s of tries.

Llanelli will no doubt have a lot of familiar faces on the “parc” and we all know how good a side they can be on the day. So com’on boy’s let’s get off to a flying start and then think about repeating our end of season play-off success at Church Bank next week-end.

As always, we look forward to seeing you all at Parc-y-Scarlets on Sunday and supporting the semi-pro’s throughout the season.

Llanelli Website also lists total overal Head to Head Results and Last 5 Results v Quins (click on the match Preview) - http://www.llanellirugby.com/Home/Page

Edited by TonduTurk - 28 August 2013 at 10:50am
Sponsored Links

welsh treg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welsh treg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 August 2013 at 3:34pm
Is this an all pay game ? or can I get in with my Stradey/patrons season ticket ?

Don't mind paying though,
I always enjoy watching the RFC,
makes me wonder why the crowds are on the small side, I have lost count of the number that have gone through to play for the Scarlets over the years.
Gives a great pleasure to watch them going through the ranks and making the grade at the higher level(s)
No One's has called me moonlight Graham in 50 years
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 8:56pm
15.Dion Jones 14.Kyle Evans 13.Nic Reynolds 12.Johnny Lewis 11.Josh Adams 10.Josh Lewis 9.Aled Davies

1.Shaun Hopkins 2.Darren Harris 3.Rhodri Jones 4.Adam Powell (capt) 5.Nathan White 6.Lewis Rawlins 7.Dan Thomas 8.Stuart Leach

16.Rhys Thomas 17.Craig Hawkins 18.Ben Leung 19.Duane Eager 20.Owain Morgan 21.Jak Evans 22.Nick Damjanovic 23.Steff Evans

full story

Edited by TonduTurk - 29 August 2013 at 9:01pm
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:08pm
Strong team, fairplay.Clap
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Scarletstarch View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletstarch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:35pm
Good team and a few new names added to the team, good luck on Sunday!  Thumbs Up
"YMA O HYD"
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

15.Dion Jones 14.Kyle Evans 13.Nic Reynolds 12.Johnny Lewis 11.Josh Adams 10.Josh Lewis 9.Aled Davies

1.Shaun Hopkins 2.Darren Harris 3.Rhodri Jones 4.Adam Powell (capt) 5.Nathan White 6.Lewis Rawlins 7.Dan Thomas 8.Stuart Leach

16.Rhys Thomas 17.Craig Hawkins 18.Ben Leung 19.Duane Eager 20.Owain Morgan 21.Jak Evans 22.Nick Damjanovic 23.Steff Evans

full story

And so it begins!! (The bit in bold).

Don't agree in trying to switch him to TH. he'd be far better off improving and gaining experience as a LH IMO.

Good team though.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 10:18pm
Carmarthen Quins:

H. Thomas; P. Rushesha, D. Morgan, R. Williams, J. Harries; C. Evans, R. Wells;

G. Thomas. R. Guest, T. Davies, C. Jones, H. Pugh, S. Bennett, L. Joseph, E. Lloyd.

Reps: G. Robinson, R. Clancy, I. Jones, A. Laxton, W. Boyde, C. Lloyd, A. Thomas, I. Evans.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 August 2013 at 10:22pm
So, Gareth Thomas v Rhodri Jones in the front row!!

Very exciting prospect.

Interesting seeing how Sion Bennett goes at 6 too.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 7:09am
Should be a cracker ,cant wait .
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 8:50am
Originally posted by welsh treg welsh treg wrote:

Is this an all pay game ? or can I get in with my Stradey/patrons season ticket ?

Don't mind paying though,
I always enjoy watching the RFC,
makes me wonder why the crowds are on the small side, I have lost count of the number that have gone through to play for the Scarlets over the years.
Gives a great pleasure to watch them going through the ranks and making the grade at the higher level(s)

i've been told its 'all to pay'. i tweeted the Scarlets and Official Park last nite to ask how much and am waiting a response.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 8:52am
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 August 2013 at 9:08am
"It is going to be a very competitive season, especially with relegation coming back into the Premiership."

Is this a massive WRU turnaround as RGC have made it to the championship?

Edited by minded - 30 August 2013 at 9:08am
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

<span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">"It is going to be a very competitive season, especially with relegation coming back into the Premiership."</span>
<span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">
</span>
<span style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; line-height: normal;">Is this a massive WRU turnaround as RGC have made it to the championship?</span>

its another turnaround (they happen frequently with the wru*) but i dont think its bcoz of RGC (ebbw vale will probably win the league again).

* firstly we were told that there would be no promotion/relegation this season (which may have been part of the reason pontypool went to court). then told there was promotion/relegation but ring-fenced for 3 years. now we're told there is no ring-fencing. but watch this space.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 10:42pm
Is Steff Hughes injured? Nigel Owens ref I gather....
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 August 2013 at 10:58pm
Yes, Nigel ref.Re: Steffan Hughes. Have a feeling he's rehabbing after shoulder surgery over the summer. Sure I've sen him in a sling around the place.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2013 at 3:16am
Yes shoulder.

Should be a belting game this. All the ingredients...the only end game is whether our region could put these sorts of teams out consistently in the latter stages of the B&I..
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic