Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Next Saturday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:39am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

If we lose next 2 games which I think is a good chance . The season will be over

Sounds like you've chucked the towel in already, well done so, with all your spare time in 2013/14, what are you going to do instead?
Scarlets!!!
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 8:32am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Failure is not an option.

What happens if we do then?
Duw Duw, can you imagine what would have happened after Delme saying to the team "I would swap it all for Llanelli to beat New Zealand", if one of the players had said back to him "what happens if we don't then". Smile

What would have happened if Michelangelo had said I can't do ceilings, or Tom Hanks had said, 'what if the CO2 converters don't work', of if Kirk Douglas had said 'there are too may Romans for us to fight all by ourselves' (well actually scrap that last example cos the Gladiators lost in the end)....
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sam Cheese View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sam Cheese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 9:29am
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Yes they'll be an inevitable drop off in people through the gate on Saturday so I'm bringing my daughter that's one more, if we all do this we'll have 12000.

Do you have 6,000 daughters?
You will know the vengeance of the Lord Humungus! I promise you... nobody... nobody... gets out of here alive!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 10:32am

Duw Duw, can you imagine what would have happened after Delme saying to the team "I would swap it all for Llanelli to beat New Zealand", if one of the players had said back to him "what happens if we don't then". Smile

What would have happened if Michelangelo had said I can't do ceilings, or Tom Hanks had said, 'what if the CO2 converters don't work', of if Kirk Douglas had said 'there are too may Romans for us to fight all by ourselves' (well actually scrap that last example cos the Gladiators lost in the end)....
Or if when Captain Kirk said "Beam me up Scottie" -he didnt LOL
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:02pm
Scarletswoman just a tip from a midlander if you are going to Stratford don't mention Shakespeare I think he died.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 12:47pm

Ah, but Delme didn't say "Losing to New Zealand is not an option" Wink 
Scarlets!!!
Brian Munich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Brian Munich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 1:15pm
Massive test of character on Saturday, I hope the coaches are installing a win at all costs attitude this week.

Obviously its only the second game of the season, but after the end of last season and last Friday I think its a huge game for morale both on and off the pitch.

For me Foxy has to play, and Id move Scott Williams to the wing. Think its important to get as many of our best players on the pitch as we can. Also Scott is a fantastic open field runner and strong defensively. In my opinion he would do well on the wing if needed.

Id also play Jake Ball at lock and Timani in the backrow, with a message to both to cause as much damage as they can. Hopefully Barclay will play some part to.

We got to smash Treviso backwards on Sat or they will grow in confidence like they did last season and get their big backrow ball carriers going.

Big game to restore some pride.
scarletswoman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletswoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Scarletswoman just a tip from a midlander if you are going to Stratford don't mention Shakespeare I think he died.

duly noted! I wouldn't want to offend
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by Brian Munich Brian Munich wrote:

Massive test of character on Saturday, I hope the coaches are installing a win at all costs attitude this week.

Obviously its only the second game of the season, but after the end of last season and last Friday I think its a huge game for morale both on and off the pitch.

For me Foxy has to play, and Id move Scott Williams to the wing. Think its important to get as many of our best players on the pitch as we can. Also Scott is a fantastic open field runner and strong defensively. In my opinion he would do well on the wing if needed.

Id also play Jake Ball at lock and Timani in the backrow, with a message to both to cause as much damage as they can. Hopefully Barclay will play some part to.

We got to smash Treviso backwards on Sat or they will grow in confidence like they did last season and get their big backrow ball carriers going.

given the way we finished last season and our debacle around george i wouldf like to think they would have instilled that for the leinster game.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 6:21pm
If we played shyte in school and got a drubbing we (or more accurately me) had to go to scrub the shcool steps with an early version of a Brillo pad. There were a lot of steps.

Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:09pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

If we played shyte in school and got a drubbing we (or more accurately me) had to go to scrub the shcool steps with an early version of a Brillo pad. There were a lot of steps.

Hell Will - hadn't realised you were the PE teacher Wink ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Brian Munich Brian Munich wrote:

We will win.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2013 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Brillo pads were the biz,,,all that lovely coloured suds .....ah memories,,

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic