Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cofio Grav

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cofio Grav
    Posted: 31 October 2013 at 2:43pm
Grav died six years ago to this day, he was a true reflection of what being a Scarlet is all about . He was a very proud Scarlet and Welshman long may his legacy lives on. We remember Mari and the girls and the rest of the family today, and think what we can do as supporters to respect that memory. Hedd Perffaith Hedd.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Sponsored Links

Pembs Bred View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pembs Bred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Grav died six years ago to this day, he was a true reflection of what being a Scarlet is all about . He was a very proud Scarlet and Welshman long may his legacy lives on. We remember Mari and the girls and the rest of the family today, and think what we can do as supporters to respect that memory. Hedd Perffaith Hedd.

Hear hear... I'll be raising a glass to his memory, and a certain game he starred in on this date 41 years ago!  As you said, a true Scarlet.. never to be forgotten.
seany61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote seany61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 3:32pm
He was the reason my Dad supported Llanelli and therefore the reason I do too. Absolute hero and a true Scarlet! He will never be forgotten.
Think, Think, Think .... Its a thinking game.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 4:23pm
Still hard to realise at times that Grav is not with us any more.
Grav touched the lives of so many people, and enriched each and every one.
His memory will live on in the hearts and minds of everyone who ever met him.
He'll always be in mine!   

Hanner Ffordd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hanner Ffordd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 5:32pm
And not a soft centre left in heaven.....
If only that South African had got to McHugh earlier - 6 months earlier......
Albert View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Albert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Clywch,clywch!

Have a thanks for starting the thread Llandre.
It's a thinking man's game
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:15pm
I must admit, the memories of Grav are still fresh in my mind, I feel his presence every time I cross the Loughor Bridge to visit Llanelli and Parc y Scarlets .. His spirit will always be with us ..

Watching this earlier today brought a tear to my eye !

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:17pm
He was the face of west Wales rugby.

West is best
And We Were Singing...
Gellert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gellert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:22pm
I remember the centre partnership of Ray and Roy, what a pair with Benny inside. Standing on the Tanned bank, what memories!!! Thank you Grav .
Too old to die young...
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:44pm
That was a great tribute by ScrumV, fair play. Clap

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 7:53pm
Grav and Budgie, a fantastic centre partnership. But then they played for the Scarlets, a team full of magicians with a pack of forwards the backs knew they could rely on to get the ball back to them.
Remember talking with Grav in the centre of Carmarthen, when he had his arm in a sling.
Duw, its a sad dayCry
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 8:14pm
Bythgofiadwy. (Unforgettable).
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 8:14pm
Mari and the family ,very much in my thoughts today .

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2013 at 8:35pm
Never forget the moment I first met him. Brought joy and happiness to the lives of everyone he met. Will forever be loved and missed.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2013 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Still hard to realise at times that Grav is not with us any more.
Grav touched the lives of so many people, and enriched each and every one.
His memory will live on in the hearts and minds of everyone who ever met him.
He'll always be in mine!   

You took the words right out of my mouth. Couldn't have said it better. Nice one.
Through Thick And Thin!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic