Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Millennium pitch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Millennium pitch
    Posted: 10 November 2013 at 3:40pm
Apart from stating the obvious that the pitch is a disgrace I believe it is very dangerous look at steyn injury yesterday. Not only that I can't remember a game that so many people went off injured the pitch must be a factor in muscle pulls joint injuries ligament damage the list could go on. Is it time for the regions to ask why are the WRU putting our players at risk by playing on such a quagmire. Local park pitches are in better condition we have the best stadium for watching rugby but the worst pitch.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 3:43pm
I had been thinking all day of a way to blame Roger for our injuries - even after a blue sky brainstormer I hadn't managed to come up with that Smile

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 3:55pm
I was watching Match if the Day last night , where the Premier League games are played on lush green pitches like bowling greens. I switched over, briefly, between games and ITV was showing first round FA Cup games from non or lower league stadia. The pitches were appalling.

The MS pitch is nearer to the non-league pitches than the Premier League when it should be the other way round.

And don't blame the roof as students can manage to grow all sorts in darkened attics using ultra-violet lights so why not the professional groundspeople?

Edited by Abbey - 10 November 2013 at 3:56pm
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 4:04pm
Yes it is, the greedy WRU and their prolonged assault to use the pitch for every sport possible, to pay off their huge debt on building it, are ensuring that the pitch is not fit for purpose for the very thing the bloody massive, costly Stadium was built for..

The Original Arms Parc was a far better ground and without the Blues butt [beep]ing one end of the ground.

When you think of the money used to design, build and redesign the whole Stadium, you have to say it is a monumental failure and the WRU and their commitees on commitees deserve it.

I look in envy on properly built stadia, designed with perfect pitches to allow supreme sportsmen to display their skills.

Edited by lofty evans - 10 November 2013 at 4:05pm
In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I was watching Match if the Day last night , where the Premier League games are played on lush green pitches like bowling greens. I switched over, briefly, between games and ITV was showing first round FA Cup games from non or lower league stadia. The pitches were appalling.

The MS pitch is nearer to the non-league pitches than the Premier League when it should be the other way round.

And don't blame the roof as students can manage to grow all sorts in darkened attics using ultra-violet lights so why not the professional groundspeople?

If you are suggesting that the pitch should be made of hemp then I completely agree, although it would make for a lot of knock-ons and I dread to think how many bags of munchies Adam Jones would get through in 80 minutes.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2013 at 8:45pm
pretty ironic the pitch next door has been astro-turfed , when the mill stad is in far more need of plastic surgery.....Id say £500k is a snip to end this quagmire....would IRB allow it?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 November 2013 at 9:08am
It's the fact that it's all on pallets is the main problem so the pitch can be removed for non sporting events. Its good that the stadium can be used for things other than rugby but unfortunately the pitch is awful.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

It's the fact that it's all on pallets is the main problem so the pitch can be removed for non sporting events. Its good that the stadium can be used for things other than rugby but unfortunately the pitch is awful.
can you get astro turf on pallets?
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

can you get astro turf on pallets?

Why cant they cover it like Wembley, the original remit must have been to use every possible revenue stream to use the stadium......with that they forgot its sole original purpose to provide a playing surface for rugby. It has always been a nightmare and a disgraceful pitch from the beginning.....bloody pallets....

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Brian Munich View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Munich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 7:43pm
Roger Lewis is very good at ignoring rugby related problems in Wales so I doubt much will happen. Its more important that the stadium hospitality boxes are up to date in his world.
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 8:58pm
The Pitch that FRANCE ~ NZ played on was no better. Dreadful.
We all had Doctor's papers!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 9:18pm
I would'nt say that.  It was a nicer shade of green than ours!
Keep the faith
Turkish Fez View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkish Fez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 11:20pm
Greener I accept but at times it resembled strips of rolled up carpet!! Wink
We all had Doctor's papers!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2013 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by Turkish Fez Turkish Fez wrote:

Greener I accept but at times it resembled strips of rolled up carpet!! Wink
hmmm good idea
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 8:24am

I thought they'd stopped the pallet thing and that it is now rolled out in long strips. This was meant to improve things.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2013 at 10:49am
Originally posted by Abbey Abbey wrote:

I thought they'd stopped the pallet thing and that it is now rolled out in long strips. This was meant to improve things.

Correct ... Palletised pitch was last used in 2010 !
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic