Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I had a dream and that dream was AVIVA :(

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 174>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 8:04pm
Originally posted by solihullscarlet solihullscarlet wrote:

Tv deal is the major stumbling block though. I have thought for some time that this will be the outcome. It will be the death of Welsh Rugby eventually but hopefully with better funding we will be more competitive and have at least a few more days in the sun before it finally sets. If we go back to the Pro12 as it has been then it will have been a complete waste of time, but hopefully the Irish will realise how close they came to oblivion and understand that they cannot run the league just for their own selfish interests. I also hope that we treat this as a stop gap and look into other ways forward in a less pressurised situation, be that Anglo-Welsh, British and irish or hell I'd rather be in the top 14.

From what I`ve been told it is a stumbling block but not a major one. In this instance what you have is two pay per view companies trying to reach an agreement rather than a pay per view and a terrestrial company i.e ITV and Sky with Champions league or BBC and Sky re F1. Sky and BT have already done deals re the Premiership and FA Cup. No reason why they can`t do a deal re the RCC. 

It may happen it may not. I`m genuine in what I`ve posted but as we`ve seen over the last 6 months, everything re this saga can be put in the rumour tray until something concrete is announced.
In Pivac we trust
Sponsored Links

thescarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 9:03pm
[QUOTE=Abbey] So many people in the press are banging on that saving Euro competition is the most important thing. Problem is, we have a dying game here in Wales with players exiting, nobody watching, regions failing and now a next generation team being thumped by over 60 points against England.

And yet, if the RCC is agreed, what we have is less than this year - a Pro12 league with no interest, a Euro competition which only the Ospreys may qualify, possibly less money as the Italians will not pay to play and all the BT money will go to England. Additionally, we'll see more players in France next season with Foxy and Halfpenny gone and a new PA signed which condemns us to almost certain death.

How many fans will say - oh goody, more games against the Irish reserves and we're in the second tier Euro competition. Where do I buy my season ticket?

I don't think I've ever been so disillusioned in my life. To have seen the opportunity for real change snatched away by a wan**r of a CEO, who lacks so much vision and is plainly so vain to only think of his own career is devastating.

[/QUOTE
as I understand it-, the wru and other unions are putting pen to paper for the pro 12 .{Italy are thinking serouis as for Italian regions in the pro 12, but this is is a big but- the rrw haven't signed a pa with the wru yet,{have you seen how disgusting an agreement there new agreement is?, we will end up worse than now no doubt, but it is the 11th hour as to season tickets/fixtures in ready for next season, personally maybe if a contract is to be signed -a get out clause should be generated and we the regions should start talks in readiness to join the Aviva perse. {I think rrw are being backed into a corner......
I was there !!!!
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 9:24pm
I still think,that behind the scenes,plans are being drawn up for a future british and irish league'
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2014 at 9:27pm
Mark Davies said that we would definitely be playing rugby next season, when he spoke in The Quinnell a couple of weeks ago.

To me, that means there's a bird in the hand and in addition there's the expected conventional option.

I know no more and that's just my interpretation of what was said.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 5:44pm
put us in the championship, id rather that than the celtic crap.
downthebutts View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote downthebutts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

..and getting crappier
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 6:23pm
Speedy it does not look like the English want us, but I agree with you we are dead in the water if there is no improvement in the running of the Rabo. Hopefully starting with the fixture list home every 2 weeks would be a decent start.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

Speedy it does not look like the English want us, but I agree with you we are dead in the water if there is no improvement in the running of the Rabo. Hopefully starting with the fixture list home every 2 weeks would be a decent start.

what like ULSTER you mean. every Friday H and A repeated throughout the season.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Originally posted by bazlewis bazlewis wrote:

what like ULSTER you mean. every Friday H and A repeated throughout the season.

Yes, then perhaps people would form habits. It would also allow people to plan ahead.
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2014 at 9:29pm
That's exactly what we want Sal a proper fixture list, the Irish get it why shouldn't we.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 8:38am
"Personally, for the competitions, I would like to resolve it by the end of this year's Six Nations," said Lewis.

Tick tock Roger.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 9:43am

After seeing London Welsh absolutely thrash Moseley on Sunday before England v Wales, the facilities at Old Dear Park compared to what is currently on offer in the Rabo, and then you look at say Moseley who are just about to increase their ground capacity to 600 to 1300, we are much much better than that.

Aviva would be a good move, the Championship would be a huge step backwards.
Scarlets!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 9:58am
I think the English club supporters would be very happy overall to have Welsh regions in a league with them as it would spice up games and competition-its the WRU/RFU blazers and tin pot dictator (or two!) that dont want it as they lose control.
solihullscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 1:04pm
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

After seeing London Welsh absolutely thrash Moseley on Sunday before England v Wales, the facilities at Old Dear Park compared to what is currently on offer in the Rabo, and then you look at say Moseley who are just about to increase their ground capacity to 600 to 1300, we are much much better than that.

Aviva would be a good move, the Championship would be a huge step backwards.

I've been to Moseley when there's was 3500 there so I think you may have erred there.
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
kcreg View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 6:46pm
so,is the anglo welsh league still a possibility then?
I WAS THERE-LIBERTY STADIUM 11/9/07 & 26/3/16

OSPREYS 9-SCARLETS 14!
OSPEYS 16-SCARLETS 25!
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2014 at 6:59pm
We heard today that Scarlets management are scheduling a meeting with Trust members next week, date and time to be advised.

We'll let you know the exact arrangements when we get them.

Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 174>
  Share Topic