Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

#UniteAndFight

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

And..in the Blue corner...

Sign PA before 20 December-get the £1m to retain all the players you want-stay in the Rabo-stay in the HC...stay Roger's little bitch and avoid having to watch with amusement as Ponty Pythons play the Go-go-gogs on espedwaec every Friday night.

..and in the red corner...

Don't Sign the PA-don't get the £1m-most or all out of contract international players have to leave-get naked with the Aviva-invent some sort of cup comp to fill in the blanks-inspire a generation.

This is not about this generation of players and their contract status, tbh, hand on my heart, they find themselves where George found himself last year...basically they are f*cked, pawns in the game, particularly if they wanted to say in Wales.

This is all about tomorrow's generation...today's U11's and U13's ... and how we owe it to them to do what we can to allow them to love the game as the game should be loved, we grew up to love it.

(bit sloppy and emotional that, but very heartfelt)

#uniteandfight

Spot on Chippy have a thanks for getting me emotional as well.

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Sponsored Links

lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 11:19am

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I'm afraid of my honest answer to that mate.

Other than the faith, loyalty, and belief of the supporters (which is bringing the regions supporters together in an un-precedented way), and they are people who in turn know the core values of what Welsh rugby is about...the Regions don't have a prayer in my view I'm afraid.

The pillow talk with the Aviva will be blocked and be deflected in to a legal fight we cannot fund, arguably couldn't win anyway, either individually or under a RRW umbrella.

The Regions may well, are very likely even, not to sign the new PA of course...but this road leads to the above point.

I love the unity, I love the fact that I see, hear and read Welsh rugby support more or less as one.

It ain't going to make a difference to my view unfortunately. This game was won by the WRU a long time ago, when the Regions signed up the first time to the PA in fact.

If you want proof of that maybe ask yourselves, why, when the WRU haven't, by broad consensus, conceded on a single point at this weeks meeting, didn't the Regions simply walk away from the table and state their intent to 'go it alone'?.

to me, it looks like its coming down to whoever blinks first.

the threat of the wru brushing the regions aside, and cutting all funding by 31st of dec is a dangerous one for the wru legally. it would hand momentum to the regions as they could then pursue a legal course for compensation plus the right to play in the aviva.

if the regions blink first they will probably be on less of a sound footing legally in what they really want to do.

thats why its a bit of a stalemate at the moment.

thats why we are seeing players being allowed to leave.

it has to play its course. the regions cant go storming in.

they need to string the wru along now, and make them follow their threats through.

what you think Will?

No virtue in changing tack at this stage, none.

Focus not on what we would like as an outcome, but what the WRU must have for their plan to work.

Player access.

Player access as highlighted by S Edwards this morning on the radio. Their achilles heel........

sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 11:21am
The Regions, have to be very careful about how they proceed as they are hitting the WRU when their War Chest is arguably at it's fullest i.e straight after the Autumn Funding Jollies.

What I think is essential at the moment and probably (I hope so) is happening is that behind the scenes the Regions et al are now starting to get other interested parties involved. In our case the local Council.

We have to start pulling in whatever favours, contacts, whatever into our confidence. The Report was published recently about the Economic impact that the Scarlets has to the local Community and the cash investment alone into Tourism in todays climate is vital.

All of this would disappear (literally) overnight if the Scarlets, as its present entity, folds and would I think be of calamitous proportions to the local economy. From this perspective alone Carms County Council must be very worried if not extremely concerned about the potential white elephant that the Parc might become.

This is the story that has to be told and to balance this with the fact that the person perpetrating this is supposed to be a Welsh Govt advisor to some Economic Regeneration of East Wales (yet he's prepared to willfully damage West Wales).

I hate to say this but we have to hit back where it matters and with Lewis we have to hit him where it hurts - his profile, his public image and threaten to tarnish that in whatever legitimate way possible. By this we have to make sure that the Truth is told, the story of his shoddy backstabbing and behind the scenes skullduggery and to make sure the world is told.

I seemed to read somewhere (perhaps in an interview with the git himself) that at one point he was pretty shocked and dismayed about the way his family were treated and felt about everything well tough sh1t Lewis and Pickering. You brought this upon yourself and how do imagine thousands of other families are feeling at the moment with such events going on.

OK in terms of "the global" situation i.e the Philippines, Iran, Afghanistan etc what is happening here is not in the same category in terms of human suffering and hurt but............that doesn't mean to say that the local hurt is not there and this is all being brought on by one (possibly two) men willfully pushing their own agenda.

I would say the most important aspect of this Campaign from this very second onwards is the "Hearts and Minds" aspect regarding the Welsh public as lets be brutally honest we are not well liked out there.

You only have to go onto that Cesspit that is Scumv and that black hole that is Gwlad to realize that this whole scenario has made Christmas for some folks out there totally ignorant of the truth. Those we will never be able to convince but the general public have to be worked upon. Lose that battle and the War is over sadly.

I'm not saying this War isn't winnable but we aren't exactly leading from the front and I suspect as Chips has said that Lewis has had this scenario in mind for Months (if not years) and that his plan is ready to swing into action at a moments notice and we've been too dopey to spot it.

Edited by sgsmorgan - 13 December 2013 at 11:24am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 11:26am
good post.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 11:39am
Originally posted by sgsmorgan sgsmorgan wrote:

I'm not saying this War isn't winnable but we aren't exactly leading from the front and I suspect as Chips has said that Lewis has had this scenario in mind for Months (if not years) and that his plan is ready to swing into action at a moments notice and we've been too dopey to spot it.

Someone pointed out to me elsewhere (not sure where) that all the players who left Wales last season went on 3yr contracts, and all those who are going now are on 2yr contracts.  I have a feeling that the master plan was to wear us down to nothingness over the next 2yrs and then swoop in with real centralised contracts etc after the World Cup and appear to be the saviours of the game that the regions had almost crippled.

I just think they didn't expect us to stand up and fight back so soon.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:02pm
Next stage has to be a plan involving the Welsh Government, targeted Ministers and Assembly Members.

Antonia will have to advise because the supporters groups will need professional support in this.

SJS is spot on. We need to target Lewis' public profile, his image, we need to make him toxic and engage with the institutions that he has a role and profile within.
Phil Hen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Phil Hen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:10pm
If you want this to be sorted out then getting politicians involved should be the last resort.
Fan of Welsh Rugby

ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by Phil Hen Phil Hen wrote:

If you want this to be sorted out then getting politicians involved should be the last resort.

Fighting fire with fire is sometimes the only answer.  And if anyone knows about mudslinging and spin, it is a politician.  Roger is a wannabe politician, who has his opponents gagged.  Lets see how he fairs against real ones.
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by Phil Hen Phil Hen wrote:

Fighting fire with fire is sometimes the only answer.  And if anyone knows about mudslinging and spin, it is a politician.  Roger is a wannabe politician, who has his opponents gagged.  Lets see how he fairs against real ones.

Gagging opponents is dictatorship, oh [beep] then thats Roger Lewis.

What has he got to hide then, would love a lie detector test on this vile creature.

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:25pm
Well I'm still clinging on to the hope that the Aviva is a viable option. If it wasn't then what other card do the RRW have? WRU control the Rabo and HC, and if we wanted those we would have to sign the PA.

Hell of a bluff if there is no plan B.

And anyway I really want to see an Anglo-Welsh league - always have done
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:40pm
This to me is as serious as anything going on in the world as this is my world. Wars have been started over less so imo let's fight a war. No white hankies from us roge! He made out he was such a rugby fan well no fan of rugby should be doing this. If the public are that blind to all of this then it needs to be made for them to see and understand what's going on. Here's to one scarlet fan hoping for aviva next year.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:45pm
If you're going down the political route, then getting the local AMs and MPs on side would probably be a good place to start.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

If you're going down the political route, then getting the local AMs and MPs on side would probably be a good place to start.
Yes, the loss to the local economy would be huge. It's more than appropriate for them to be involved and write to Rog on the community's behalf.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Pwds View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pwds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:48pm
This is about fair play. All the regions want is a sensible commercial relationship with their union.

Take £250k now and die slowly over the next 3 seasons or fight for a better future?

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

Surely all local councils have a vested interest in the survival of its regional teams (particularly ours who would be set to lose huge amounts of revenue from loan repayments and fan spending!)

This is something I can't understand. Surely it is time that there was some political opposition to what Roger is doing? If our council don't do anything I won't be voting them back in!! If Llanelli and Swansea council just speak up it will rock the foundations of Roger's aim of moving up the pecking order.................

History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2013 at 12:55pm
I think it is too late for any politicians getting involved the decision had to be made in less than 18 days time sign the PA or else. What Peter Thomas said the other night that there is a long way to go in getting into the Aviva. If we haven't got the Aviva sorted out before the end of December then that unfortunatly is the end because we cannot carry on as we are the only other option. Roger Lewis does not care about the game all he cares about is himself and his cronies. What the slimy arsehole seems to forget the game belongs to the people as does the stadium because without the members of the local clubs and all other supporters of welsh rugby there would be no WRU.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678910>
  Share Topic