FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets - The Series!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets - The Series!
    Posted: 14 February 2014 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Tumblescarlet Tumblescarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

They've always looked down on West Wales in the East.

I've always looked down on East Wales.

I think a lot of them, deep down, are quite envious of West Wales in many ways. They see everyone from west of the Loughor as part of a big clique that they are not welcome in. I quite like that.
yep, i do a lot of work in Cardiff and the people i bump into really do believe that 
1, we're all related in west wales
2, we're 10 yrs behind the rest of wales
3, we all speak welsh but dont bother speaking it, unless one of them is around and we want to talk about them!.

That's Ponty!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Sponsored Links

Tumblescarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tumblescarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 2:25pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

I think a lot of them, deep down, are quite envious of West Wales in many ways. They see everyone from west of the Loughor as part of a big clique that they are not welcome in. I quite like that.
yep, i do a lot of work in Cardiff and the people i bump into really do believe that 
1, we're all related in west wales
2, we're 10 yrs behind the rest of wales
3, we all speak welsh but dont bother speaking it, unless one of them is around and we want to talk about them!.
Wales only true rugby region.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 1:47pm
I've heard the north always look down on the south too!
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 12:52pm

KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 12:37pm

They've always looked down on West Wales in the East. They think Bridgend is West Wales in Cardiff. This is not a specific thing to rugby but to life in general. I'm sure some of the Cardiff based Scarlets on here would echo my view on this. I thought Mark Davies came over well on the programme. He looks a very stable measured individual.

I can vouch for this. Mate of mine said he was "off to the beach in West Wales" last summer. When I asked him where, he said "Pothcawl".

Happens in most countries though.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 12:10pm

They've always looked down on West Wales in the East. They think Bridgend is West Wales in Cardiff. This is not a specific thing to rugby but to life in general. I'm sure some of the Cardiff based Scarlets on here would echo my view on this. I thought Mark Davies came over well on the programme. He looks a very stable measured individual.
It is a great shame to be honest.
Scarlets!!!
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 11:58am

I also have friends up here who want to come to their first game as a result of watching the series

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 11:49am
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Westwalian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Westwalian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 11:33am
One of my mates is an English football fan but was bored and watched the documentary! He wants to come down and see a Scarlets game now! He was impressed with our stadium too
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 10:47am
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

What about the other forums, what have they had to say?

On one forum for sports in general, the views coming form people outside of the region have been pretty positive.  People's opinion of us being run by armatures with no clue seem to be waning and people are starting to accept that we are running a professional business that is doing its damnedest to survive.
Correct! Clap There are plenty of people up here over the bridge that have been following the series after I had made them aware of it, and just wish that their clubs would do something similar! ClapClapClap
Scarlets!!!
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 10:45am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

For them to watch the series and comment on it then surely that just means they are jealous of all the publicity our club has had and how professionally run it is compared to their crappy club
Granted, but the agenda is there for all to see by some unfortunately, and that is to nit-pick on the tiniest of negativity, and then create countless pages of trolling. North gate being the main drivel, about who is right, who is wrong, blah blah blah. Ultimately, no one really knows the exact happenings, no matter what they think, and I just can't understand why it can't be left alone now..................he's gone FFS! LOL

Let them get on with it, why I don't post anymore on these 'other forums'. Jealous is probably the correct word to be honest, and even though they'd cut their right arms off before admitting it, it is pretty obvious looking in from the outside. Thumbs Up

I thought the series was informative, and more should be shown on the box from all of the regions to be honest. That way, we can all get a good honest insight to how all of the regions are run as professional businesses. Maybe then, more people will understand the day to day runnings of professional rugby, instead of making up their own minds on a foundation of sand. Thumbs Up

Let me put it this way, if the Blues, O's and Drags did something similar, I would most certainly watch it and support it, and not take the piss. We're all supposed to be working together for the better of Welsh rugby, not taking the piss or having a dig at the first opportunity. ClapClapClap

Edited by Mrfwon - 14 February 2014 at 10:46am
Scarlets!!!
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 10:32am

On one forum for sports in general, the views coming form people outside of the region have been pretty positive.  People's opinion of us being run by armatures with no clue seem to be waning and people are starting to accept that we are running a professional business that is doing its damnedest to survive.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 10:20am
For them to watch the series and comment on it then surely that just means they are jealous of all the publicity our club has had and how professionally run it is compared to their crappy club
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2014 at 9:47am

Taking the piss really, nothing worth reading to be honest.
Scarlets!!!
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 7:11pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
bazlewis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bazlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2014 at 12:28pm
I think to even things up Ponty should get a documentary if one of those rubbish sky channels have a couple of quid to spare.
It seems popular nowadays to show how these chavs survive at the moment. My you they would need a red button so decent folk can understand there grunting plus there very difficult to learn club song.
Could be like that show about Brum just more down market.
To be a Scarlet is as good as it gets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
  Share Topic