Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 200>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Expect Strauss to go there too.
Toulouse are apparently favorites for his signature

It shows how much money they have when they've already confirmed the signings of Mermoz, Matavesi and DTH, yet are still allegedly trying to sign Strauss.

Expect a few more big name players before next season too.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Lolagi Visinia (wing/fullback) not given a Super Rugby contract this year.
Powerful and fast, has worked with Pivac before. Possibility he comes here? Only 24 but over 30 Super Rugby appearances already.

Visinia has signed for Grenoble on a two year contract.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 8:01pm

Not a regional transfer but Nasi Manu is out of contract with Edinburgh at the end of the year and still hasn't announced he's staying or if he's found another team.
Exactly the 8 we'd need. 28 but captaincy experience in Super Rugby and good go forward at just short of 19st. Edinburgh have Cornell Du Preez (one of the best 8s in the league) and Magnus Bradbury (superb young talent) at 8.

I'd take him in a flash. He's on big bucks at Edinburgh though although I suspect his value might have declined a bit since he's been there given his injury issues which have meant he hasn't been able to show his full ability.

I'm pretty sure we enquired about him when he moved to Edinburgh but was at that point out of our price range.

Proper ball carrier and a bit of a leader too apparently.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 8:04pm
Is he the one who's had a few yellow cards?
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 8:07pm
Originally posted by daveoda daveoda wrote:

Lolagi Visinia (wing/fullback) not given a Super Rugby contract this year.
Powerful and fast, has worked with Pivac before. Possibility he comes here? Only 24 but over 30 Super Rugby appearances already.

Visinia has signed for Grenoble on a two year contract.
Ah cheers, didn't realise. Did have a quick look online to see if he had signed anywhere else and that was why the Blues hadn't offered him a new contract but must have missed it.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2017 at 8:10pm
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Not a regional transfer but Nasi Manu is out of contract with Edinburgh at the end of the year and still hasn't announced he's staying or if he's found another team.
Exactly the 8 we'd need. 28 but captaincy experience in Super Rugby and good go forward at just short of 19st. Edinburgh have Cornell Du Preez (one of the best 8s in the league) and Magnus Bradbury (superb young talent) at 8.

I'd take him in a flash. He's on big bucks at Edinburgh though although I suspect his value might have declined a bit since he's been there given his injury issues which have meant he hasn't been able to show his full ability.

I'm pretty sure we enquired about him when he moved to Edinburgh but was at that point out of our price range.

Proper ball carrier and a bit of a leader too apparently.
I saw that he'd not played many games. Unfortunately the only way we'll be able to sign a big carrier is if they have a drawback that scares other teams off, like Nick Williams with the Blues.
ExileTom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExileTom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:00am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

It shows how much money they have when they've already confirmed the signings of Mermoz, Matavesi and DTH, yet are still allegedly trying to sign Strauss.

Strauss has signed for Sale according to the BBC
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 9:29am
The Premiership lesser lights are hoovering up top Pro12 players at an ever increasing rate.
It's all about the money despite Strauss stating 'I always wanted to play in the Premiership'
We are in danger of becoming a development league for the English unless the WRU and SRU grow some balls and only pick players that play in the Pro12.
Keep the faith
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 4:34pm
Shows who has the money, Strauss goes from a top club who are chasing the Champions club, to one struggling in the Aviva.

We must try to stop this.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by ExileTom ExileTom wrote:

Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Strauss has signed for Sale according to the BBC

Isn't DTH and Matavesi bros going to Newcastle?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2017 at 5:55pm
Is Strauss the player he was when he came over? I can't remember him having a real stormer at any time in the last year tbh.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 12:53pm
http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/dan-biggar-wanted-by-northampton-saints-what-we-know-and-what-wru-and-ospreys-will-do-about-it/story-30114736-detail/story.html

Apologies if this has been posted before.

For some reason I can't read the article itself.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 1:15pm
Rumours about that Rhys Ruddock joining Ulster next season 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/dan-biggar-wanted-by-northampton-saints-what-we-know-and-what-wru-and-ospreys-will-do-about-it/story-30114736-detail/story.html

Apologies if this has been posted before.

For some reason I can't read the article itself.

Link fixed.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 11:48am
Joe Bearman
Joe Bearman joined Ospreys in 2011 from Newport Gwent Dragons
Merthyr RFC have made offers to Ospreys back-row Joe Bearman and Scarlets prop Pete Edwards for the 2017-18 season.

38-year-old Bearman has made 100 Ospreys appearances and 77 for Newport Gwent Dragons while Edwards, 36, has made 90 appearances for the Scarlets.

The Ironmen have been watching Bearman for the last year, hoping to sign him as a player and coach.

Bearman told the BBC in January he knew he was last phase of his Ospreys career with his contract finishing this term.

''I'm kicking around for games now, for when there's injuries and things like that," Bearman said.

"Am I happy doing that? Not really because I always want to play but sometimes you've got to bow out."
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 March 2017 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by hoppy hoppy wrote:

Joe Bearman
Joe Bearman joined Ospreys in 2011 from Newport Gwent Dragons
Merthyr RFC have made offers to Ospreys back-row Joe Bearman and Scarlets prop Pete Edwards for the 2017-18 season.

38-year-old Bearman has made 100 Ospreys appearances and 77 for Newport Gwent Dragons while Edwards, 36, has made 90 appearances for the Scarlets.

The Ironmen have been watching Bearman for the last year, hoping to sign him as a player and coach.

Bearman told the BBC in January he knew he was last phase of his Ospreys career with his contract finishing this term.

''I'm kicking around for games now, for when there's injuries and things like that," Bearman said.

"Am I happy doing that? Not really because I always want to play but sometimes you've got to bow out."

Joke  league the Welsh  Premiership,a development tool with Bearman and Meat signing for Merthyr .
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 165166167168169 200>
  Share Topic