Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 200>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 10:41am
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

Kind of bizzare the Drags may not exist next year? Yet they're signing players
and selling season tickets.
I don't think, if they fold, it will be for next year.
RGC to have a little more time to develop before they are made into a development region to start with and Blues with new development to be East Wales.

They must be paying big money for Ben Botica.

Tom Prydie, Rhys Jones and Afon Bagshaw aside, have we any more rumours? And that South African flanker...any more names thrown about?
Wonder if we are keeping an eye on Aussies and will probably be keeping tabs on a few ITM lads.
Sponsored Links

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 April 2017 at 1:30pm
Port Talbot youngster Regan Grace. Making a name for himself at St Helens rugby league.
Winger/Centre
Worth looking at. Dangerous attacker, intelligent under high ball. He's small, but like Harry Robinson was, gets into tackles. Definitely worth looking at the Welsh international IMO...a youngster that has slipped under the radar and out of Wales.

With the links now in Llanelli between West Wales Raiders and Hull Rugby League, we should be looking at players that we may have missed in the area.
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:16pm
Nasi Manu leaving Edinburgh, not really hit the same standard as before he came to UK. If he could get and stay fit with be perfect addition to our squad. With his not very good record over last 2 years should be well within our price range???

Edited by trinity60 - 18 April 2017 at 1:17pm
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by trinity60 trinity60 wrote:

Nasi Manu leaving Edinburgh, not really hit the same standard as before he came to UK. If he could get and stay fit with be perfect addition to our squad. With his not very good record over last 2 years should be well within our price range???

I think you've outlined every reason why we shouldn't be signing him.

If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:45pm

He's signed for Treviso
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Port Talbot youngster Regan Grace. Making a name for himself at St Helens rugby league.
Winger/Centre
Worth looking at. Dangerous attacker, intelligent under high ball. He's small, but like Harry Robinson was, gets into tackles. Definitely worth looking at the Welsh international IMO...a youngster that has slipped under the radar and out of Wales.

With the links now in Llanelli between West Wales Raiders and Hull Rugby League, we should be looking at players that we may have missed in the area.
Would would he leave Super League for us? Although I agree we should be looking at league
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

I think you've outlined every reason why we shouldn't be signing him.

Good point, but we do have quite a good record of resurrecting people careers and getting them back to their best.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Winger/Centre

Would would he leave Super League for us? Although I agree we should be looking at league
The Super League budget is £1.825m rising to £2.1m in 2020. Hardly able to offer the biggest wages then, and he's also living miles away from home at a young age.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 April 2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Winger/Centre

Money wise we could offer more than the league clubs as they are only on a £1.8m budget for the entire squad.
Could we entice him back from league? That's the big question. He may simply have no desire to play Union.
But I do find it strange that such a talent has been let go.

There's a glut of youngsters we should be looking at. He is one example of a player that's been missed by the system.
At only 20yrs old, I wonder how he was ignored by Ospreys set up.

Hopefully we keep an eye on the league lads as there is quite a few already in super league and west Wales raiders youth have a number of talented players that are right on out door step.

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 9:17am

Winger/Centre

I've been saints fan since Jonny Griffiths went there years ago and he does look a great young talent.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 April 2017 at 10:53am
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Winger/Centre

I've been saints fan since Jonny Griffiths went there years ago and he does look a great young talent.
I've been Wigan for years! but he certainly was the dangerman v Wigan last week. Exciting prospect. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 8:44pm
Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere but Tom Francis will not be joining the Blues.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/39400425
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 8:47pm
Yes announced on Scrum V tonight. Francis not going to the Blues as WRU refused to pay the transfer fee.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 April 2017 at 9:13pm
Has Samuela Vunisa (of Saracens, formerly of Treviso) found a home for next year?
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:07am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Has Samuela Vunisa (of Saracens, formerly of Treviso) found a home for next year?

No although I'm not sure he's out of contract.

Unrelated but, I've been looking at Treviso signings for next season and they've brought in Ruzza from Zebre, Whetu Douglas a superb 8 from NZ and Nasi Manu. That makes 3 very good No. 8s

They've also signed Marty Banks who is another very good player. I can see them being an improved team next season.

In contrast Zebre don't seem to have signed anybody. With their financial issues, does that suggest there is a doubt over whether they will even be around next season. Maybe the IRU are putting all their eggs in one Treviso sized basket...
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2017 at 9:11am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

No although I'm not sure he's out of contract.

Unrelated but, I've been looking at Treviso signings for next season and they've brought in Ruzza from Zebre, Whetu Douglas a superb 8 from NZ and Nasi Manu. That makes 3 very good No. 8s

They've also signed Marty Banks who is another very good player. I can see them being an improved team next season.

In contrast Zebre don't seem to have signed anybody. With their financial issues, does that suggest there is a doubt over whether they will even be around next season. Maybe the IRU are putting all their eggs in one Treviso sized basket...

Didn't someone post a few months back that the IRU are moving the franchise to Rome ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 169170171172173 200>
  Share Topic