Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Regional Transfers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 200>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 8:12am
Gheorghe Gajion moving to the Ospreys following a 4 day trial. Plays tighthead & is 6 ft 2 & 21 stone.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2018 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Gheorghe Gajion moving to the Ospreys following a 4 day trial. Plays tighthead & is 6 ft 2 & 21 stone.
For those unaware of Trelissac, his former club, they are a suburb of/outlying town near Bergerac.

Their football team do pretty well in competitions below the national leagues. They’ve had some cup upsets in their favour against some national league sides.

Until Ospreys signed this guy, I’d never realised Trelissac had a rugby club and we’ve been reading about the area there for over 15 years.

He could be brilliant, however, if he was decent, you’d have thought the French network would’ve tied him up long since.

We rejected Pungea, yet he found a home in French pro rugby.

No disrespect meant at all in what I’ve said, although I’d be surprised if he turns into their next Arhip.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 8:18am
Rory Thornton has signed a 2 year extension with the Ospreys, taking him off his NDC.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 1:48pm
Giant lock Matthew Davies will be taking up a full-time contract with the Scarlets. Having joined Neath from Nantyffyllon, he has the physique to play at the top level and has developed this season with 34 appearances to date. “I love being at Neath,who gave me a chance after the Ospreys lost interest,” he said, “but a chance to play full time is too good an opportunity to turn down. If it doesn’t work out I’d like to come back to Neath.”
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2018 at 2:50pm
Ospreys have signed Argentinian back rower Guido Volpi following a trial.

The 6ft 3in, 17st 5lb forward arrives from Narbonne, captaining the club in the ‘Espoirs’ competition for under-23 teams.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 9:11am
Ospreys have handed a contract to Giorgi Nemsadze for next season. Nemsadze, who skippered Georgia as they won the 2018 Rugby Europe Championship, originally signed on a short term deal this season.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:09pm
The Ospreys are certainly ‘beefing up’ their pack aren’t they.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2018 at 12:11pm
They are indeed.

Having looked at the sides selected for the play offs I cannot see them winning in Ulster.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2018 at 9:04am
Blue & Dragons both looking to sign Ospreys lock Lloyd Ashley.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:08pm
Reports circulating that the Irish Rugby Football Union (IRFU) could block Ulster from making a move for South African international fly half Elton Jantjies. Ulster are keen to recruit a replacement for Paddy Jackson but the IRFU, who have to sign off all overseas players, are said not to be keen on bringing in a foreign player.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 12:21pm
Also strong rumours that the IRFU are considering instructing  Joey Carberry or Byrne to move to Ulster. Whilst there is a huge amount to admire in the Irish system I would find it unacceptable if I was a player being told to move from my home club by my Union. 

It is certainly true that Leinster compared to Ulster have, at the moment, an embarassment of riches at 10 but who a player represents is surely his choice and his alone. Imagine how we would feel if say Wyn Jones was forced to move to the Blues to become 1st choice.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Also strong rumours that the IRFU are considering instructing  Joey Carberry or Byrne to move to Ulster. Whilst there is a huge amount to admire in the Irish system I would find it unacceptable if I was a player being told to move from my home club by my Union. 

It is certainly true that Leinster compared to Ulster have, at the moment, an embarassment of riches at 10 but who a player represents is surely his choice and his alone. Imagine how we would feel if say Wyn Jones was forced to move to the Blues to become 1st choice.

Or of Aled or Scott were advised by the national setup that moving to the Ospreys would be a good idea.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Or of Aled or Scott were advised by the national setup that moving to the Ospreys would be a good idea.

Why ? So that they can play in the lower tier competition in Europe, when the top tier that they've just left is close to international level ?
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Why ? So that they can play in the lower tier competition in Europe, when the top tier that they've just left is close to international level ?

Being first choice etc. isn’t that what was meant to have been said to them. Be first choice regionally to stand a better chance at being first choice internationally? (Or so it’s been said on here). That’s not much different to a aleinster lad being told to move to Ulster, or at least to me anyway.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:16pm

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Being first choice etc. isn’t that what was meant to have been said to them. Be first choice regionally to stand a better chance at being first choice internationally? (Or so it’s been said on here). That’s not much different to a aleinster lad being told to move to Ulster, or at least to me anyway.

Had heard a rumour to that effect but not sure how true it is though.
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2018 at 3:21pm
Ulster have had a move for Springbok fly-half Elton Jantjies blocked by the IRFU - after Paddy Jackson's contract termination, it leaves them with only one recognised 10 in the squad. The command economy of the Irish model at work.

WRU coaching team can influence player contract decisions, but it can't at least impose them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 190191192193194 200>
  Share Topic